Durant to the Suns…

Heim

EOG Master
Somebody call Columbo....the Suns were robbed.

In other news on how to correctly build a franchise, Utah now has 15 #1s thru 2029.

Heim

EOG Master
The best thing that could have happened to the Nets is new ownership with Suns. This guy wants to show the community he is determined to win which explains mortgaging the future.

A younger Durant needed the GSW All- Stars to win. I don't see any similarities here.

Heim

EOG Master
Almost have to take a flyer on Nuggets +800 now. They won't be 8/1 if they reach the Conference Final.

Phoenix will miss Bridges defense and baseline 3 point shot.

boston massacre

EOG Master
The best thing that could have happened to the Nets is new ownership with Suns. This guy wants to show the community he is determined to win which explains mortgaging the future.

A younger Durant needed the GSW All- Stars to win. I don't see any similarities here.

Played At Michigan St. For Izzo.

Rode The Bench.

Father Left Him Billions From Real Estate Lending Business.

Kid Inherited.

kane

EOG master
Phoenix will miss Bridges defense and baseline 3 point shot.
I really like Bridges, damn good player on both ends, but if you need to give up him and Cam Johnson in order to acquire one of the best scorers the game has ever seen, you have to do it, they have a better chance at a Chip today than they did before the trade, if we're talking long term. that's a problem losing all those picks, but the Suns are in win now mode, and when you can put out a SL of CP, KD, Book, and Ayton, that's pretty good, and they're not done yet, they'll fill out the bench with vets who get bought out, and right now Phoenix seems like the spot where the ring chasers will want to go, when it's all said and done the Suns will probably be the favorites to come out of the West, of course that doesn't mean anything unless those guys can mesh together, plenty of teams have brough stars together and it hasn't worked out, including KD's last stop, but I can tell you If I'm a fan of the Nuggets, Grizzlies, or any other contending team out West, seeing KD go to Phoenix is something I didn't want to see happen

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not a conspiracy guy (okay, maybe a bit), but I wonder if the league (Adam Silver and others) encouraged or even facilitated the deal to send Durant to the newly-owned Phoenix Suns.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I still think back to the time David Stern nixed the deal to send Chris Paul to the Lakers deal about 10-12 years ago.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I really like Bridges, damn good player on both ends, but if you need to give up him and Cam Johnson in order to acquire one of the best scorers the game has ever seen, you have to do it, they have a better chance at a Chip today than they did before the trade, if we're talking long term. that's a problem losing all those picks, but the Suns are in win now mode, and when you can put out a SL of CP, KD, Book, and Ayton, that's pretty good, and they're not done yet, they'll fill out the bench with vets who get bought out, and right now Phoenix seems like the spot where the ring chasers will want to go, when it's all said and done the Suns will probably be the favorites to come out of the West, of course that doesn't mean anything unless those guys can mesh together, plenty of teams have brough stars together and it hasn't worked out, including KD's last stop, but I can tell you If I'm a fan of the Nuggets, Grizzlies, or any other contending team out West, seeing KD go to Phoenix is something I didn't want to see happen

Memphis Doesn't Scare Anybody ?

What Do They Have, 1 Player Who Is A Threat ?

boston massacre

EOG Master
Bane and Brooks are good. Steady. They hit the skids when Bane got hurt.

They could come out of the West.

So Ja Morant Says The Celtics Are The Only Team That He Is Concerned About, In His Quest To Win An NBA Championship This Year.

They Asked Him About Teams In The Western Conference Stopping Him From Getting To The Finals This Year.

He Says He's Not Worried About Anybody In The West.

Interesting.

Interview Was Broadcast During Today's Game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
So Ja Morant Says The Celtics Are The Only Team That He Is Concerned About, In His Quest To Win An NBA Championship This Year.

They Asked Him About Teams In The Western Conference Stopping Him From Getting To The Finals This Year.

He Says He's Not Worried About Anybody In The West.

Interesting.

Interview Was Broadcast During Today's Game.

The Morant interview was initially broadcast on December 22.

Heim

EOG Master
Morant 0-4 from three today. Not a exception. There are times they look better with Tyus Jones. Morant flashy style hides his lack of outside game and out of control drives.

Jones could probably start for half the teams in NBA IMO.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I really like Bridges, damn good player on both ends, but if you need to give up him and Cam Johnson in order to acquire one of the best scorers the game has ever seen, you have to do it, they have a better chance at a Chip today than they did before the trade, if we're talking long term. that's a problem losing all those picks, but the Suns are in win now mode......

I agree with this. Problem with short term stuff is the right injury(ies) can just kill you. Long term you can absorb more of that sort of stuff.

I'm not usually a fan of these kind of things but the one wild card is Chris Paul.

I really think he has the veteran leadership to make this thing successful, stamp out issues only the players can work through and keep the team focused.

When you look to veteran leadership from a crew of Durant, Harden and Irving for example you're probably in trouble, I think 2023 Suns are a different animal.