EOG’s Pro Football Contest Presented by BetDSI - Week 12 thread, official lines, etc.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Greetings players and welcome to week 12 of EOG's Pro Football Contest Presented by BetDSI.

Here is our current standings through week 11

Just a reminder, because of the three games scheduled on Thanksgiving (HOU @ DET 12.30PM ET, WAS @ DAL 4.30PM ET, AND BAL @ PIT 8.30PM ET.) if you wish to include any of these games as a selection, you must submit all 5 of your selections for the week prior to that game's start time.

Stay tuned for the Week 12 contest lines!

Happy Thanksgiving!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Happy Thanksgiving!

Here is the week 12 official contest lines.

FYI: Steelers/Baltimore has been rescheduled to Sunday afternoon.

week12.jpg

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Welcome to week 12 players, official lines are below and will be updated on the entry form too. Good luck this week!

The deadline to submit your selections is Saturday 11pm PT / Sunday 2am ET, unless you select any of Thursday games, which all 5 selections for the week are due by kick off of the first Thursday game you use.

Don't get shut out.

However, if you use a team from Thursday, then all 5 selections are due prior to kickoff on Thursday.

With Covid out there, keep in mind the rules if a game listed on the card is canceled or rescheduled.

There are three ways to your selections:

1. You can email your 5 selections to eog@mrbowling300.com , and be sure to put your EOG handle in the subject line.

2. You can private message them to me here at EOG.

3. You can complete the online entry form at: http://eog.mrbowling300.com/eog.shtml (This has the contest lines as well)

Good luck everyone this week!

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Statement on the Balt vs Pitt game.....due to covid, this game has been delayed until Tuesday evening at 8pm ET on NBC. Per the Westgate Super Contest rules, this game is still eligible as a contest play, as long as it is played by Tuesday. If it is delayed further (Wednesday or later), and a contestant selects a team from this game, then you will be awarded zero points.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
nice to see fraud fraud fraud try try try go 0-5

Not as much as a disaster as your shared -33 units on the elections. wow was that an epic failure and collection of underlay wagers.

Dont hate me cause you Aint me me me Railvoterfrauddodobirdie

railbird

EOG Master
Not as much as a disaster as your shared -33 units on the elections. wow was that an epic failure and collection of underlay wagers.

Dont hate me cause you Aint me me me Railvoterfrauddodobirdie
you want to be me, thats why you been tailing my plays for 20 years

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
you want to be me, thats why you been tailing my plays for 20 years

no I did not lose 30 units on the election rail. shake it off. jump on board the try trian im here to improve you and pray for you.

your minor sport stuff posted in the early morning like 2AM is golden however as Ive stated on forums for 20 years. stick to what you can do best rail.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Three back doors and a 50 yard field goal at the buzzer puts the dagger in me....and was lucky to win Buffalo.....horrible week

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Just a note to players who have either Pitt or Balt......if this game happens to be canceled and not played on Tuesday, per the rules, there will be zero points awarded.

From everything I'm seeing this morning, it appears to still be scheduled for Tuesday. Guess we all have to stay tuned.

Steelers vs Ravens game - current status

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Following the Westgate SC rules, anyone who selected PIT/BAL will not receive any points. Basically, if you used that game, it is as if you played only 4 games this week.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Following the Westgate SC rules, anyone who selected PIT/BAL will not receive any points. Basically, if you used that game, it is as if you played only 4 games this week.

In practice true, but not really.

Under the Westgate rules, a ticket playing 4 games (i.e. less than 5 games) is rejected and treated as "No selections" i.e. no games at all. The BAL/PIT game counts just like any other, but it is simply a loss for both sides which is normally impossible. This game, if picked, lowers the win rate, and in previous years long ago, it would have influenced the extra bonus for 67% win rate or higher.

Interesting that in the SC Gold, 13 took PIT and no one took BAL so it will score the same (except for win rate) as if BAL covered since no one will benefit.

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I thought that I read in an earlier thread that a game not played because of covid would count as a push +.5

Only in the Circa Million contest, a game postponed until after Tuesday afternoon or so is a push. SC/Westgate treats a game not played by Tuesday night of the week as a loss for both sides.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
my circa entry would have me in 2nd pla

Under the Westgate rules, a ticket playing 4 games (i.e. less than 5 games) is rejected and treated as "No selections" i.e. no games at all. The BAL/PIT game counts just like any other, but it is simply a loss for both sides which is normally impossible. This game, if picked, lowers the win rate, and in previous years long ago, it would have influenced the extra bonus for 67% win rate or higher.

Interesting that in the SC Gold, 13 took PIT and no one took BAL so it will score the same (except for win rate) as if BAL covered since no one will benefit.
ive played westgate off and on over 20 yrs, it was a 0.5 deal in the past. is there a link for the westgate rules? and is that what we are using?

railbird

EOG Master

this seems like a rule for some who played 4 games. not 5 games with a postponed game

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Railbird crying like a little girl....just think what he will do for 30 days in the EOG Challenge.....

Was nice to see Rail go .5-4

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
my circa entry would have me in 2nd pla

ive played Westgate off and on over 20 yrs, it was a 0.5 deal in the past. is there a link for the westgate rules? and is that what we are using?

Railbird: Here is the link to the original EOG posting about this contest that says we will emulate the Westgate: http://forums.eog.com/index.php?threads/eog’s-pro-football-contest-presented-by-betdsi.7466343/

Here is the official Westgate contest rules: https://dlq00ggnjruqn.cloudfront.ne...VnYgi.0.0.0.0.193fz6-6AD-4Vg-8DL-vCJon1lV.0.0

Please read rule #22, which covers a moved or canceled game. It basically says that a game must be played by Tuesday to count towards the standings, otherwise, you will be awarded zero points for that game.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
As mentioned, because the Pitt/Balt game was moved to Wednesday, week 12 for contest purposes comes to a close. A tough break for those who selected Pitt/Balt, but per the rules, zero points are awarded. The updated standings are posted, and the gaps were those who had selected Pitt/Bal. Unfortunately, in this age of covid, delays in games were something that was always a possibility and concern. I wanted to have a contest that emulates the Westgate from top to bottom and the no points for a delayed game past Tuesday was one of their rules that we are following. Our race is tightening up with Sharky, Raiders and TheGuesser making significant moves. Good luck to all.

20201201_061229.jpg

Last edited: