panther

EOG Dedicated
Re: EOG BLAST 2008!! VEGAS OR BAHAMAS!!

even though I will be their in sept

still vote bahamas for jan

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

i'm not sure if this is up for a vote, but i'd opt for vegas because of poker.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

I prefer the Bahamas even though Vegas is closer for me.

I loved the last EOG blast.

Either one is fine with me.

dirty

EOG Master

3rd Weekend in January... ARF/NFC Championship weekend

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

As much as I'd love to make it to the Bahamas and especially the Atlantis, Vegas is the easier option and you don't need a passport. By 2008 you will need one to travel out of the country.

Vegas is an easy drive for most of us Californians and there is usually good airline rates for the rest of the country. Vegas gets my vote!

dirty

EOG Master

As much as I'd love to make it to the Bahamas and especially the Atlantis, Vegas is the easier option and you don't need a passport. By 2008 you will need one to travel out of the country.

Vegas is an easy drive for most of us Californians and there is usually good airline rates for the rest of the country. Vegas gets my vote!

You already need one... Law went into effect the day after we got back this past year...I had mine anyway just in case anything happened to I could get back

Actually Dirty, you don't.

They've relaxed the rules because they aren't getting them out in time citing the lack of foresight into the demand, or something to that effect.

Either way, with Vegas so easily accessible, that's the reason I choose the Bahamas. It's interesting to see people choosing the opposite based on the same rationale. :+clueless

dirty

EOG Master

Yes you do have to have one or have had to have applied for one to Re enter the Country.. you have to have proof you applied. If the country you are traveling to requires a passport you are fukked... they amended it because of the delay in passports

Travel Accommodation Announced June 8, 2007

The U.S. Departments of State and Homeland Security announced Friday, June 8, that U.S. citizens traveling to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or countries in the Caribbean region, who have applied for, but not yet received passports, can re-enter the United States by air. This accommodation does not mean that Americans are exempt from meeting the entry requirements of Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or countries in the Caribbean region, some of which require a passport, certified birth certificate, or other evidence of citizenship for entry.
We have reached out to the governments of countries affected by WHTI to consult with them about our announcement. Many of them have agreed to take a flexible approach toward their own entry requirements. For the most current information on entry requirements at their destination, travelers should contact their airline.
U.S. citizens traveling to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or countries in the Caribbean region who have applied for, but not yet received passports, can re-enter the United States by air by presentation of a government issued photo identification and Department of State official proof of application for a passport through September 30, 2007. The federal government is making this accommodation for air travel due to longer than expected processing times for passport applications in the face of record-breaking demand.
The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) was mandated by Congress in the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 to strengthen border security and facilitate entry into the United States for citizens and legitimate international visitors. WHTI requirements for air travel took effect on January 23, 2007.
Adults who have applied for but not yet received a passport should present government-issued photo identification and an official proof of application from the U.S. Department of State. Children under the age of 16 traveling with their parents or legal guardian will be permitted to travel with the child’s proof of application status. Children traveling alone should carry a copy of their birth certificate, baptismal record or a hospital record of birth in the United States in addition to their passport application status documentation. This accommodation applies to all American citizens who apply for passports, until September 30, when this accommodation period ends. U.S. citizens with pending passport applications can obtain proof of application at: Checking the Status of Your Application.
Since implementation, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has and will continue to exercise its current authorities in unique circumstances to allow individuals subject to the WHTI requirements into the United States based on other evidence of identity and citizenship.
Travel document security remains a top priority for the U.S. Government. Both the 9/11 Commission and the U.S. Congress urged strengthening of travel documents to prevent entry of terrorists across our borders, reduce use of fraudulent documents, and speed up entry procedures.

Travel Accommodation Announced June 8, 2007

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

A passport is always good to have- plus it takes little time to get a passport If you needed one in an emergency.

Passport Visas Express - Passport and Visa Expediting Services

mrs. montana places a vote for the atlantis, but i could care less! she is going to be monitoring my beer count. so tony will be on his best behavior.

devil you can still walk me home if you'd like!! lol!!:LMAO

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted

Of you guys voting for Vegas, is it because it is a cheaper trip? Or do you actually like the Vegas ammentities better? I am just curious, because in my opinion it isnt even close.

I would prefer it to be somewhere new actually. CR would be fun, most of us would bet on our PC anyways. What other destinations could Uncle Bernie take care of Shrink?

If it were between the 2 only, its Bahamas hands down. Not even close.

I think many cost is a factor but I agree with gopher I want to be able to play some poker.

Poker over Fish

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

You already need one... Law went into effect the day after we got back this past year...I had mine anyway just in case anything happened to I could get back

No you still don't need one. They canceled it until January 1 2008.

ChalksR4Kids

EOG Enthusiast

The most exciting and glamorous city the world has ever known-----Fabulous Las Vegas!!!!!

SOFTBALL DAVE

EOG Enthusiast

BAHAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirty

EOG Master

I had a Great time in the Bahamas... and would love to go back, just not this quick. That being said I will go again if it is there and enjoy it.

But from a Business Standpoint I think we have to have this one in Vegas to accommodate our West Coast Pals. We had a few trek across the country, but most stayed at home and I don't blame them. To get reasonable flights you had to have 2 stops at least and spend 12-16 hours in airports. I just don't think that is Viable for a 5 day trip for most people (Thursday-Monday) with Thursday and Monday really being all travel...and pretty much Sunday cut out after the games because to get to work on Tuesday the West Coasters may have to leave in the middle of the night EST to get back on Monday afternoon to get a good nights sleep.

But from a Business Standpoint I think we have to have this one in Vegas to accommodate our West Coast Pals. We had a few trek across the country, but most stayed at home and I don't blame them. To get reasonable flights you had to have 2 stops at least and spend 12-16 hours in airports. I just don't think that is Viable for a 5 day trip for most people (Thursday-Monday) with Thursday and Monday really being all travel...and pretty much Sunday cut out after the games because to get to work on Tuesday the West Coasters may have to leave in the middle of the night EST to get back on Monday afternoon to get a good nights sleep.
The EXACT reason I skipped (and will skip the Bahamas). :cheers

dirty

EOG Master

I still prefer Vegas..This is a sportsbetting website and Vegas is just where it needs to be... At least every other year... WE cut off most posters ability to come if we do the Bahamas