Even if you were the only Detroit Tigers fan in the world, would you still want a Rick Porcello bobblehead doll?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Re: Even if you were the only Detroit Tigers fan in the world, would you still want a Rick Porcello bobblehead doll?

Why not? He is a pretty promising prospect.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Even if you were the only Detroit Tigers fan in the world, would you still want a Rick Porcello bobblehead doll?

Sure would....he isn't bad at all. Has struggled a bit but showed flashes in May.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I bet him tonight. Don't see Clayton Richard duplicating his last start.

Integrity

EOG Master

I have him in a fantasy dynasty league so yeah, I'll take a Porcello bobblehead doll.

And if he costs me the championship, I'll break the damn thing!

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

I bet him tonight. Don't see Clayton Richard duplicating his last start.
Same here FW...good to know you are on the same side. :houra

tripp

EOG Master

Well I don't have any interest in having a bobblehead doll of anyone, so I'll pass on one of Rick Porcello.

He's been pretty awful for a while now, at least he is most of the times I've watched him. He had a good start to the year but since then has struggled. Not a bad prospect, but certainly nothing special for this year.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Well I don't have any interest in having a bobblehead doll of anyone, so I'll pass on one of Rick Porcello.

He's been pretty awful for a while now, at least he is most of the times I've watched him. He had a good start to the year but since then has struggled. Not a bad prospect, but certainly nothing special for this year.

He's a pretty big-time prospect. He was a top-3 prospect in the draft, slid to 20+ because Scott Boras is his agent. I think the innings are piling up for him (like most rookie SP). Just want a solid game against a White Sox team who struggles to score runs if they don't hit HR's.

He's been bad of late but he is a top 10 prospect in baseball. So yeah.. I'll take it.

What were you doing when you were 20 years old? He has 9 major league wins.

tripp

EOG Master

He's a pretty big-time prospect. He was a top-3 prospect in the draft, slid to 20+ because Scott Boras is his agent. I think the innings are piling up for him (like most rookie SP). Just want a solid game against a White Sox team who struggles to score runs if they don't hit HR's.

I think he could pitch well tonight..chi sox a bit overvalued. Tigers are the better team, at home and the pitchers are pretty even.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I think he could pitch well tonight..chi sox a bit overvalued. Tigers are the better team, at home and the pitchers are pretty even.

I'm sure people are betting the Sox won't get swept. They will.

kbhirsch

EOG Addicted

As a lifelong Tiger fan, I will say that I have very little doubt that Porcello in 2 years will be every bit as good as Verlander is right now...the guy has 4 solid pitches at 20 years old...not many guys can say that.

mike499

EOG Veteran

:cheersGetting rocked

1time

EOG Enthusiast

error FUCK 2348ji23e

He may throw a no no today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9-13-09:

DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers turned to a 20-year-old rookie to snap their worst slump of the season.
Thanks to Rick Porcello, they are back in control of the AL Central.
Porcello gave up two runs on four hits in six innings and the Tigers snapped a five-game losing streak with a 7-2 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays.
"It was big for us to come out and put an end to that," said Porcello, who won't turn 21 until Dec. 27.
Porcello is 4-1 with a 3.41 ERA in nine starts since Aug. 1 as the Tigers have pulled away from Minnesota and Chicago in the division race.

gavin

EOG Addicted

yea he is pretty solid....

BIG PART OF THEIR '09 playoff run!!!

I'll take one!!!

PO69

EOG Master

How does this guy 5teamparlay have the time to look up so many old threads??

He has to be the bump king!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Did PO69 get that doll yet?

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

You may be able to peddle Rick Porcello bobblehead doos easier than elvis chips.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Found this on eBay. No one has a RP doll for sale, hot item.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

Porcello is 4-1 with a 3.41 ERA in nine starts since Aug. 1 as the Tigers have pulled away from Minnesota and Chicago in the division race.

:hangt:hangt:hangt

i need an under outing out of porcello today....

PO69

EOG Master

5teamparlay, is this all that you do??

NO ONE bumps more old threads than you do on ANY SITE

No No through 1 today for Rick!!!!

PO69

EOG Master

He is setting records today!!

AGAIN, no one would actually want a Rick Porcello bobblehead

There are no Porcello bobbleheads. You have to go with Action Figure. Everybody knows that.

Rick taking a NoNo to the 5th vs. Chicago White Sox Today.....:shoot:

Come on Pale Hoes...:houra

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Konerko singled to right

Brick

EOG Master

Heard they were going to give away Po69 bobbleheads but didnt want traffic congestion with everyone bringing a trailer to pick it up.

ID HAVE TO CHECK THE VALUE ON THIS THING...

[FONT=&quot]Boston might not need the bullpen as much Saturday, with right-hander Rick Porcello on the mound with a 21-4 record and 3.08 ERA. He's thrown at least seven innings and allowed three runs or less in 11 straight starts, matching Cy Young (1904) and Pedro Martinez (2000) for the longest such streaks ever in a single season by a Red Sox pitcher.[/FONT]

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated

Great year for Porcello and I never would have expected it being from Detroit and watching him but dude that compares him to Verlander you are insane.

He has had a great but fortunate year. Justin threw 101 in the seventh and a breaking ball 20 mph slower that dropped off table. Porcello was a tremendous prospect. This is first year he has produced results to that effect. Don't even mention him with Justin Verlander. If he would have pitched as he was supposed to Tigers win a WS.

yisman

EOG Master

He is setting records today!!

AGAIN, no one would actually want a Rick Porcello bobblehead

:+clueless

The opening day Red Sox starter gets it done...

Porcello lost his shutout in the seventh. He gave up three hits and left the game with one out and a 5-1 lead. Matt Barnes relieved and allowed both inherited runs to score, on a single, a walk and a sacrifice fly. The sacrifice fly was actually a line drive toward left-center on which Benintendi make a leaping catch.

W

yisman

EOG Master

I'd like one of those.

Red Sox are 4-1 in Porcellos last 5 starts.

5-0 wow

After winning his first four starts this season, Porcello (5-0) was coming off consecutive no-decisions in which he went at least seven innings both times. The right-hander has won seven consecutive decisions going back to last season.