Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

Crazy stuff. Dow down 600 but my stocks up 2% on the day because I own the landlord for most AMC theaters and also Tanger outlets which is getting run up by the Reddit crowd too.

MrTop

EOG Master
Ray Dalio Calls Bitcoin ‘One Hell of an Invention,’ Considers It for New Funds
By
Erik Schatzker
January 28, 2021, 11:05 AM EST Updated on January 28, 2021, 1:35 PM EST
  • Firm is looking at cryptocurrencies for two new funds
  • Sees digital assets as having option-like loss potential

of course .... all of them knew it and told a bunch of lies .. The banks were the biggest liar. They did not want you to take out your money.

janus

EOG Dedicated
alright. 1/29/21 SLV @ 24.99 (i didn't buy it, of course, i just marked it.)

quote: Inflation adjusted Silver should be at 1000$ instead of 25$. Link to post removed by mods. (LOL.. nothing was removed by mods)

wait,... going on, Captain Spam (valuist) says... The result was a legal threat of BlackRock to Buttler, he had to retreat, but magically the short interest started to decrease during the next weeks/months till "simbolic" levels.

you fellas ready to invest yet? cuz i mean, if you're not persuaded by this top-notch presentation...

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
STEAM PLAY -- Dogecoin +70%

world is going nuts

No fucking shit

It was "worth" about 0.008 or thereabouts earlier in the week or last week and now it is about 0.08 which is staggering. The same people behind the Gamestop shit are gonna try and get it to $1.

To put that in it's proper context: Let's say you could get it for even 0.005 or half of 1 cent. Say you bought $1000 of it. A lot to invest in this but not a lot to invest in the market. You would get 200,000 "shares" of this meaning if it gets to $1 you would turn $1000 into $200,000 (unless I did my math wrong).

Do I think it will get to $1? Probably not. But did I think a P.O.S. stock like Gamestop would do what it is doing now. Uh, no!

MrTop

EOG Master
Here are the best and worst times of the day to use Ethereum
Avoiding U.S. trading hours could save you a gwei or two. the Ethereum blockchain is busiest from 1 PM UTC to about 6 PM UTC, corresponding approximately to the early U.S. trading session between 8 AM EST and 1 PM EST. This is likely no coincidence, as during this time window both Europe and the U.S. are fully awake and at work.

What Is Gwei?
Gwei is a denomination of the cryptocurrency ether (ETH), which is used on the Ethereum network. Ethereum is a blockchain platform, like Bitcoin, where users transact with each other to buy and sell goods and services without a middle man or interference from a third party.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
Forget GameStop: Sports betting plays could have long-term value

• Wall Street continues to connect the dots on sports betting upside even as investors race in front of the big revenue and profit hauls.
  • Morgan Stanley is even more bullish on sports legalization efforts in 2021 than it was a few weeks ago.

ycharts

MrTop

EOG Master
Cathie Wood Is Wall Street’s Hottest Hand. Maybe Too Hot.
ARK Investment’s money under management grew more than fivefold from March to the end of last year. But when funds get too big, too fast, they often can’t sustain their performance.
ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK) has gained 19% already this year, on top of a 149% rise in 2020.

- Sports betting company draftkings jumps 8.6% on news of inclusion in cathie woods ARKW - Wood’s new purchase of 620,000 shares in DraftKings is just her latest growth-stock endorsement

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
Skillz (SKLZ)

Skillz (SKLZ) rose 25% on Thursday after announcing a deal with the National Football League (NFL) to develop a mobile NFL-themed game. The two sports organizations will host a competition for developers around the world to create an NFL-themed mobile game, ultimately with the hope of introducing hundreds of millions of NFL fans to the Skillz esports platform.

Valuist

EOG Master
At some point, and we are not at that point yet, a Tesla short position could be an epic score. With all the hype surrounding EV, what percentage of automobile internet searches are for electric vehicles? 15%? Nope. The answer is 1 %. So forget about issues of charging stations. Forget about any issues on how far one can drive on a single battery charge; Americans are not ready to be forced to go EV. I suspect it won't be 2030 when EV takes over, like the government is pushing. I suspect closer to 2045 or 2050. Am I anti-EV? Nope. I've been riding NIO upward (major Chinese EV maker) since it went public. But Tesla is being priced for perfection. For instance, two years ago, the 2022 and 2023 EPS projections for Tesla have been taken down by about 20%. Yet the valuation? Two years ago today, the Tesla price was a split adjusted $60. Today? $816. Lunacy.

lap18

EOG Dedicated
The EV play should be charging. EV is here to stay. Another play will be Battery recycling. Watch for REDWOOD MATERIAL IPO at some point.

cheapseats

EOG Master
You have to also take into account $/gallon. At the current level the new car market begins to look ev as an alternative. Your view is spot on.

Valuist

EOG Master
You have to also take into account $/gallon. At the current level the new car market begins to look ev as an alternative. Your view is spot on.

Gas not overly expensive right now. Wall St and the analyst keep preaching its all about EV. But the 1% internet search number speaks volumes. And this is coming from a NIO shareholder.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
At some point, and we are not at that point yet, a Tesla short position could be an epic score. With all the hype surrounding EV, what percentage of automobile internet searches are for electric vehicles? 15%? Nope. The answer is 1 %. So forget about issues of charging stations. Forget about any issues on how far one can drive on a single battery charge; Americans are not ready to be forced to go EV. I suspect it won't be 2030 when EV takes over, like the government is pushing. I suspect closer to 2045 or 2050. Am I anti-EV? Nope. I've been riding NIO upward (major Chinese EV maker) since it went public. But Tesla is being priced for perfection. For instance, two years ago, the 2022 and 2023 EPS projections for Tesla have been taken down by about 20%. Yet the valuation? Two years ago today, the Tesla price was a split adjusted $60. Today? $816. Lunacy.

Too many think he's God. They just hold his stock like collectors... Look what he did for Dogecoin holders.

THE Dollar keeps dropping -- 90.15

SLV on the move

energy stocks

Dollar probably will reverse for awhile, rising interest rates and big rebound in US GDP going to attract a lot of demand. Oil prices and silver are just gambling money driven now, theres definitely less demand than in the past for either but they are trading strongly.