Five different Angels on heroin

waco

EOG Dedicated
Mom knew and thats why she didn't want autopsy released till after the season was over!!

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
This is extremely disturbing information.I'm strongly guessing ( and I hope I'm wrong ) That other baseball teams and other football teams and other basketball teams have issues too.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
The article in a matter of fact tone says Angel employee Eric Kay is openly admitting to obtaining opiates and illegally distributing them to different players
How is this not a bigger deal?

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
BOMZEE makes a lot of winning points.

Where's the lawsuit on behalf of the Skaggs family?

Gotta believe it's coming.

They would have appreciated a heads-up to Tyler's struggles before the tragic news.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The family could pursue a wrongful death claim against the Angels and, by extension, Baseball. The theory of the lawsuit would be that Skaggs died at least partly due to negligent actions and omissions by the Angels and those employed by the team.

Source: Sports Illustrated

Heim

EOG Master
Who is the family going to sue? Sure they have a world famous lawyer but no liability. The team is supposed to watch their players 24/7?

Heim

EOG Master
I remember when Pirates Dock Ellis pitched a no-hitter on LSD....anyways, that was the story.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Skaggs created his own direction in life. Nobody forced him to make the decision to medicate himself.........
Maybe, maybe not. If it was prescribed, then became addicted , there is some blame on the DR. Many times this is the way people get addicted to it.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Maybe, maybe not. If it was prescribed, then became addicted , there is some blame on the DR. Many times this is the way people get addicted to it.
Yea, so what. What everyone misses or ignores, is that the current opioid/fentynal epidemic and the huge number of deaths is BECAUSE they are cracking down on prescriptions. When it was easy to get them(either on your own or black market), you were getting real unadulterated drug.

As black market but still genuine pills got harder to get, the illegally made chinese drugs took their place. So the govt tried to fix it and made it 100 times worse, now we're supposed to let them "fix" it some more. that's insane

You could eliminate 90% of the deaths by making opioids easier to get, not harder.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Kays' Mom seemed privy to a whole lot of what was going on- unlike the higher ups of the mediocre Anaheim Angels.
Kay's MOM is adamant that Skaggs kept harassing her son to illegally obtain pills for his addiction that he would then crush and snort while he pitched for the underachieving Angels
and was saying We need to tell someone on the Angels so Tyler stops bugging my son for drugs all the time.
MLB and The Angels should be very very upset. Not good.

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Knowing now what happened, and who knew about it and him, it shows how bad the media coverage of his death was. No sign of foul play or drugs - except he choked on his own vomit, bought drugs from team officials and several knew about it. The "i guess he just died in his sleep" bullshit they put out there was just more media lies, it just shows that we rarely hear the truth about anything.

Heim

EOG Master
Former Angel VP of communications Tim Mead was just appointed president of the Hall of Fame. His name is being dragged thru the mud by a druggie. I'm sure Hall not too thrilled.

railbird

EOG Master
Former Angel VP of communications Tim Mead was just appointed president of the Hall of Fame. His name is being dragged thru the mud by a druggie. I'm sure Hall not too thrilled.
Why? 90pct of hall of famers were drug cheats

mr merlin

EOG Master
also a very close and dear freind with supplier Eric Kay.
Which of the players on the team were not friends with Skaggs? And are thus beyond suspicion. Also please define dear friend as opposed to your average everyday friend, and how you determined that with trout and kay?

I'd be willing to bet that the white players tend to chit chat with each other, just as the latinos do with each other, etc, also what did mariano do since you brought it up?