EOG Dedicated
cavs to win eastern conference +165 at the greek
celts to win eastern conference +135 at matchbook

or just scalp at the greek celts -125 cavs +165

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Re: Free money

:newsmile055: I'm going to assume that was a joke

Just saying that your profit seems minimal versus the small risk that someone else wins and you lose both bets.

I agree that one of them wins, but doesn't seem worth it with the risk vs reward.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

minimal risk for either a 17% return or 32% return I'm not sure how you see this as minimal profit but I'm just trying to help out. There is zero chance of anyone beating either team in a series.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

minimal risk for either a 17% return or 32% return I'm not sure how you see this as minimal profit but I'm just trying to help out. There is zero chance of anyone beating either team in a series.

If there is zero chance anyone will beat them in a series, then why don't you just bet them each in the series in the first 2 rounds before they play each other. Zero risk as you call it and more return.

To play devil's advocate, if Lebron were to get hurt, Cavs have 0 chance. If KG or Pierce gets hurt, Celts will struggle. I think the Celts are dead for the simple fact that they signed Marbury. No way that guy gets a ring.

munson15

I want winners...

I agree with Boston that it's a good position to take, but Shaven has a good point in advocating betting them in each series. That way you're protected if something catastrophic happens between now and April-May.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

free money = zero risk. This is not free money, this is a stupid bet. thanks for playing

Alright it's a stupid bet I'll take as much as you want to wager that the celts or cavs won't be in the finals. Sometimes I feel like people don't even want to make money. I will not be on both sides because I don't think the cavs stand a chance in a series with boston but I know of others that like the cavs so I was just pointing out that their both + money. But since you want to be an asshole I will gladly take your money if your stupid enough to think that the cavs or celts won't win the eastern oij213490

Boston

EOG Dedicated

If there is zero chance anyone will beat them in a series, then why don't you just bet them each in the series in the first 2 rounds before they play each other. Zero risk as you call it and more return.

To play devil's advocate, if Lebron were to get hurt, Cavs have 0 chance. If KG or Pierce gets hurt, Celts will struggle. I think the Celts are dead for the simple fact that they signed Marbury. No way that guy gets a ring.

A lot of people don't like marbury but he just helped out our bench in a huge way. Now that we have a legit pg off our bench that demands attention house can now be a better spot up shooter without having to handle the ball up the court. The cavs really didn't do shit for trades if they got shaq they would win it all but didn't happen

Boston

EOG Dedicated

The only way to win his side of the bet is a season ending injury to allen, garnett or pierce and james I'll take my chances bud you want some of this

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

It isn't that people think the Celts or Cavs won't make the finals. You fail to realize why the bet is bad.

You are risking 2 units to win .35 or .65 units. You are not getting very good odds on your bet. However you fail to realize. You might as well bet lots of -1000 college basketball games every night. Yeah, you might win a little. But when you lose, you lose much larger.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

I realize why some would call this a bad bet. But it's as good as your going to get as far as risk vs reward. This is something that's going to happen. The celts or cavs WILL make the finals. So what's a bad bet betting 2.2 to win 2 units with if your good a 55% chance of cashing or betting 2 units to win .35 or .65 units with 100% cashing barring any injuries but the chances of having major injuries to both teams is very small. I am only on the celts just pointing this out. The only reason I would call this a bad bet is I don't think the cavs have a chance

tripp

EOG Master

Agree with others that the risk-reward is not good enough to play, not for me at least. I can't see anyone other than Cleveland or Boston representing the East, but it's not impossible and the reward simply isn't worth the risk of losing both.

IMO Cleveland reps the East in the finals.

mofome

Banned

I will bump this up when my celts +385 to win it all cashes along with this one. 12io4j2w90

Boston doesn't look all that good to me. Good, but not what they were a year ago. Maybe the regular season isn't as interesting to them now that they have won it all.

ATX

cavs to win eastern conference +165 at the greek
celts to win eastern conference +135 at matchbook

free money.

or about as close to free money as anyone is going to see in the NBA for sure.

Boston is more right than wrong on this prop.

Sure, you can run odds with Orlando, Detroit, I guess Philadelphia???

But when you do that you are basically saying that you don't understand the NBA.

Pretty much the only way that Cleveland or Detroit doesn't represent is for at least TWO of Boston's big 3 to get hurt BAD...AND LeBron goes down.

Orlando has a chance with their talent, but no 'chance'. The NBA is about ratings. Games will continue to be called to get players like LeBron, KG, and Kobe into the finals. Dwight, like Tim Duncan, is a big star, but does NOT have ratings drawing power and Orlando is a crap market. Nobody wants to watch the Pistons.

It is far more profitable to 'fix' the playoffs, no matter how obvious, than to let markets like San Antonio get there again. Very easy to throw the refs under the bus at this point...

ATX

and the NBA is hurting.

there is a very good chance of a 2010 lock-out.

I invested in a similar prop with the Chinese getting a little better odds, but the ones mentioned above are good enough.

WVU

EOG Master

Yep and the Lakers were a sure win last year too. Anything can happen. Anything usually does

ATX

Yep and the Lakers were a sure win last year too. Anything can happen. Anything usually does

I think the NBA Finals is far more predictable than the other major sports. NBA officials are guilty. At least the teams that get there, recently. I thought the Celtics were so obvious that I didn't put as much as I liked getting nearly +200, but this is a different year yet quite a bit remains the same. The most obvious script would be a repeat of LA/Boston. If LeBron puts on a show similar to 2 years ago in the East, that sells, and the Cavs can 'earn' a spot. I agree that in most situations it's not mathematically justified or profitable to bet two teams both under +260ish to win the same conference. In this spot I figure there is enough of an overlay. I also see value in the Lakers to win the West and bet -150. I would be a little surprised to see it stay below -190 before the playoffs. I don't bet many props in the other sports, but I do select a few in the NBA. I agree that anything can and does happen quite a bit in sports. Currently, the NBA is not participating.