Re: PLUS+LINES "NEW" 2007-2008 NHL THREAD

Good luck. On board as well!

Maajka

EOG Member

Hey Plus

I've heard you consider to quit posting your NHL picks. Don't know if this is only at SBR or here at EOG also. I hope not.. I read your posts every day and your ability to pick the winner is amazing. I hope you decide to continue. We need you man :rolleyes:

Freezer

Banned

Maajka,

I appreciate it. It was more inted toward the first mentioned one for now. PL

Freezer

Banned

Congratulations to all that followed tonight! !!!!

I hope that somewhere someone is drinking their favorite drink in celebration of the win.... I am.
:cheers

Maajka

EOG Member

What a finish. Thanks for sharing :D

Freezer

Banned

Saturday Play: Atlanta +111

Good Luck To Anyone That Follows!!

Plus+Lines

Freezer

Banned

Sunday Play: Chicago -126

Good Luck To Anyone That Follows!

Plus+Lines

Freezer

Banned

Monday Play: NJ -110

Plus+Lines

larzuk35

EOG Enthusiast

PL, just wanted to say thanks and that I've been reading your stuff for quite some time. Watching your picks got me to sign up on this forum just to thank you.

I've been capping pucks for a couple of years and have been trying to refine my style / system but with little success. Like you, I started this season very hot. But lately I've had the usual (but dreaded) cooling off period. That's why I wanted to thank you for continuing to help my bankroll along this year. My angles seem to be offsides and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, but thanks to yours I'm still in the game. Hopefully I can learn some ideas from your picks and continue to refine myself at this. Like everyone always says, it's a marathon.

Thanks again & BOL to you this season!

Larzuk35 :cheers

Freezer

Banned

Larzuk,

That is the most inspiring post I have received in all of my posting across the forums. I am very appreciative of every post that I receive in my threads. A sincere thanks! I will do my best to stay on the winning side STD.

Plus+Lines

PL - I read your picks each and every day. Keep up the good work man.

Cobra

EOG Member

Monday Play: NJ -110

Plus+Lines

I also lean towards the Devils but there is a very good chance that Kevin Weekes will be in goal with this being the second of a back-to-back that saw Brodeur play last night against the Rangers. Still lean towards the Devils regardless of who is between the pipes because they should rebound from last nights shutout loss and have owned the Caps in recent years but the huge dropoff from Brodeur to Weekes, combined with the back-to-back game situation kept me away. Either way best of luck with your play.

Freezer

Banned

I also lean towards the Devils but there is a very good chance that Kevin Weekes will be in goal with this being the second of a back-to-back that saw Brodeur play last night against the Rangers. Still lean towards the Devils regardless of who is between the pipes because they should rebound from last nights shutout loss and have owned the Caps in recent years but the huge dropoff from Brodeur to Weekes, combined with the back-to-back game situation kept me away. Either way best of luck with your play.

Yeah, looks to be Weeks. although not many games he has been sharp in those and excellent stats to boot. the really good teams bounce back after a loss and I am hoping for that tonight for myself as well since losing last night. I have losses, but have been fortunate not to have a string back to back since the beginning of the season. I think 3 in a row is my record for consecutive losses though I am not sure. It might be 2.

Best of luck tonight guys!

Plus+Lines

Cobra

EOG Member

This looks good for them rebounding:

NEW YORK -- Some Devils tried to talk around the question, but there was no denying that this loss bothered them.
Their winning streak was going to come to an end eventually anyway, but to lose to the rival Rangers again -- and to be shut out again -- really was annoying.

<TABLE width=210 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD><!------ OAS AD 'Top' begin ------>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--OAS_AD('x40');//--></SCRIPT>​
<!------ OAS AD 'Top' end ------></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
"Damn right it bothers you," Devils coach Brent Sutter said after Sunday's 1-0 overtime loss to the Rangers at Madison Square Garden. "Of course, it bothers you."

This scared me off:

Devils coach Brent Sutter said he won't make the decision until this morning, but it appears likely that backup goaltender Kevin Weekes will make his fourth start of the season tonight in Washington. Martin Brodeur started his 12th game in a row Sunday. Brodeur and Weekes both said they did not know which goaltender would start tonight.

Weekes has not played since posting a 3-2 win Nov. 12 in Pittsburgh.

From the Jersey Record.

Freezer

Banned

This looks good for them rebounding:

This scared me off:

From the Jersey Record.

I lose some and I win some. I always ask myself before posting a play...

1. Who is the better team here based on the facts that I can review?
2. Who is the "hotter" team here?
3. What does the history between the teams show?

After I review the stats and make the decision on a play if I cannot answer the above 3 questions with confidence...I pass and move on to another game. Doesn't always mean I win, but I can always explain "why" I made a post to myself and can sleep at night knowing I gave it my best shot! Maybe NJ will win, maybe they wont. More times than not I have been on the "will win" and " Congratulations on a win" than on the other side. Good luck Tonight! PL

larzuk35

EOG Enthusiast

GoaliePost has Weekes confirmed as starting and Kolzig for Wash as probable starter. Other than a lack of ice time, I like Weekes stats and especially coupled with the Devils defense. PP offense looks about even but Wash is lower on PP defense so this looks like a good pick, but lately I'm still looking to see where I need to focus my attention to on all these stats. I'm with ya PL!

BOL to all!

larzuk35

Cobra

EOG Member

I lose some and I win some. I always ask myself before posting a play...

1. Who is the better team here based on the facts that I can review?
2. Who is the "hotter" team here?
3. What does the history between the teams show?

After I review the stats and make the decision on a play if I cannot answer the above 3 questions with confidence...I pass and move on to another game. Doesn't always mean I win, but I can always explain "why" I made a post to myself and can sleep at night knowing I gave it my best shot! Maybe NJ will win, maybe they wont. More times than not I have been on the "will win" and " Congratulations on a win" than on the other side. Good luck Tonight! PL

Wasn't trying to question your pick Plus, in fact I'm trying to talk myself into it because they were the first team I liked before looking at the goaltending situation. As I said earlier I agree with your play and best of luck on it.

Freezer

Banned

Wasn't trying to question your pick Plus, in fact I'm trying to talk myself into it because they were the first team I liked before looking at the goaltending situation. As I said earlier I agree with your play and best of luck on it.

Cobra, Hey man no problem. I am not offended in any way. I wish you the best of luck on your plays tonight. Thanks for posting in my thread. I appreciate it greatly. PL

PL Like the play tonight I have the projected score as NJ 3 at WASH 2 and NJ has a power rating advantage.

GL,

BB

larzuk35

EOG Enthusiast

Well the Devils gave it a go in the 3rd. Kolzig was too solid between the pipes. We'll go get em tomorrow.

BOL to all.

larzuk35

larzuk35

EOG Enthusiast

PL, just out of curiosity, what do you think of the Edm / Blues OV 5 for tonights game? It's the one that seems to really stand out for me on my sheet even at -135. I know you mainly do sides, but just curious of your thoughts on this one. Thanks.

larz

Freezer

Banned

Sorry for those that follow the posts. I live in Oklahoma and if anyone has seen the news..we have had a devestating ice storm. We are without power so I am forced to travel to a summer home in Texas. Just got in a few minutes ago. All I can now post is what the play would have been for tonight since the game is starting the second....but it is scoreless at this point.

Tuesdays Play: Florida -118

Good Luck!

Plus+Lines

larzuk35

EOG Enthusiast

BOL to you PL!! Keep dry & warm.

larz

Freezer

Banned

Wednesday Play: Colorado -105

Good Luck To All That Follow!

Be careful.....we have been on a "cooling off" trend last few games.

Plus+lines

Freezer

Banned

PL, just out of curiosity, what do you think of the Edm / Blues OV 5 for tonights game? It's the one that seems to really stand out for me on my sheet even at -135. I know you mainly do sides, but just curious of your thoughts on this one. Thanks.

larz

Larzuk, Sorry I did no get a chance to reply to your post. Good Luck Tonight! PL

larzuk35

EOG Enthusiast

Not a problem PL, I understand how weather can turn life upside down in a hurry (grew up in Minn next to the Canadian border).

I actually played the Over and it was covered by the 2nd period, so it went very well. :+excited-

BOL to you and all!!

larz

Freezer

Banned

Thursday Play: Tampa Bay -112

Good Luck To All Who follow Tonight!!

Plus+Lines

Pluser, I am with you. Pluser, good luck. Pluser, call me.

Freezer

Banned

Thursday Play: Tampa Bay -112

Good Luck To All Who follow Tonight!!

Plus+Lines

Obviously , I hope the Lightening win this....but I gotta say that it has been a long time since I have seen a game go back and forth as much as this one has. 8 points and not even thru the 2nd yet......wow! PL

Obviously , I hope the Lightening win this....but I gotta say that it has been a long time since I have seen a game go back and forth as much as this one has. 8 points and not even thru the 2nd yet......wow! PL

10 goals after two periods - WOW! Side note, good info in the computer thread in general discussion. Hope you get your win tonight! Continued success to you this season. :cheers

Freezer

Banned

Been a tough last several days on the NHL front. One thing I always do is review after a loss/losses and make adjustments as I see trends. I do see a couple that can now be made as a result of the last week which will probably affect around 4 games STD(3 wins vs.1 loss). I will incorporate and make the appropriate adjustments going forward. This was a practice I adhered to in MLB '06/07 to ensure I had a strong system by seasons end to start off next season. Although the last days have been tough, the NHL season is still +37.23 units from October 3(first game) to current. There are others with better results and I applaud those posters...Great Job!! If this turns out to be the first losing week in NHL I can still say that we(Plus+Lines) have never had a losing month which would include all of 06'/07 MLB as well as NHL STD '07. As far as weeks in NHL STD, would be 10-1. Gotta look at the bright side and move forward....I have always said that there would be losses.

Unrelated, but.............The 2007/2008 Hoops results are looking promising thus far but it is still way..way early!!!

Good Luck This Weekend Everyone!!!
Plus+Lines

Freezer

Banned

10 goals after two periods - WOW! Side note, good info in the computer thread in general discussion. Hope you get your win tonight! Continued success to you this season. :cheers

Thanks PacMan!

Freezer

Banned

Fridays Play: Toronto +101

Good luck To Anyone That Follows...if you dare!

Plus+Lines

larzuk35

EOG Enthusiast

Go get em PL!!

larz