Got a speeding ticket last night

Need to get out of it. I only drive like 4 times a year, and I get a freaking ticket. 46 in a 30 on Maryland Parkway which is a 6-lane road in my rental car. He also gave me a ticket for improper seat belt use, wtf. I had it on, but the shoulder strap was behind my arm not in front of it.

GreenDoberman said:
gee, I wonder if the General is ever around? He rarely posts.:D

General only drives 4 times a decade ..... his 1978 El Camino only has 1200 miles on it....:+waving-5

I sold my car and invest in stocks with the savings of car payment, insurance, gas. I live about 42 seconds at a slow walk from work and get people to drive me around when I need to travel. Only rent a car when I need to do some heavy shopping or run errands or visit people. I'm thinking of buying another car soon, but it's up in the air with this. It's called saving for a rainy day. And if I keep buying stocks like RHAT, that was up 29% Thursday I'll be swimming in money in a few years.

waco

EOG Dedicated
WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET

This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent!

The system has been tried and it works in every state.

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or
whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license.

This is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it.

If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some
small amount over the fine.

The system will then have to send you back a check for the
difference, however here is the trick.

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away!

Points are not assessed to your license until all financial
transactions are complete.

If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT
complete.

The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will
no longer bother you (and no points will be added to your
license).

This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.

Send this on to your friends. You never know when they may
need a break.

Jim Merrell
FedServices Consulting
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street><st1:address>1016 Appalachee Dr</st1:address></st1:Street>

<st1:place><st1:City>Huntsville</st1:City>, <st1:State>AL</st1:State> <st1:postalCode>35801</st1:postalCode></st1:place>

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
A rental car is tougher, but You have to have connections in this world. If it was your own car you could Find a mechanic who is a doper and throw him a 1/4 oz of weed to write-up that he repaired your odometer today or tomorrow. Take it to court and you have 2 chances. Either the officer cannot attend and you walk or you supply the mechanics statement and you get off. Personally I would pay the fine and be over it here. You are guilty the way it sounds. You can always try to charm the judge with professionalism if you want.

GL GD

Can the rental car company verify that their speedometer and equipment is accurate? Should I write them questioning this?

I also am not 100% sure I was going as fast as he said, he wouldn't show me radar and when I asked he was like "uh, uh 46".

The seatbelt thing is BS to me, I will fight that.