Great News for barman (Manny) and his tard daughter: Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080123104017.htm

ScienceDaily (Jan. 27, 2008) ? A new study finds that the development of bullous lung disease occurs in marijuana smokers approximately 20 years earlier than tobacco smokers.

A condition often caused by exposure to toxic chemicals or long-term exposure to tobacco smoke, bullous lung disease (also known as bullae) is a condition where air trapped in the lungs causes obstruction to breathing and eventual destruction of the lungs.

At present, about 10% of young adults and 1% of the adult population smoke marijuana regularly. Researchers find that the mean age of marijuana-smoking patients with lung problems was 41, as opposed to the average age of 65 years for tobacco-smoking patients.

The study "Bullous Lung Disease due to Marijuana" also finds that the bullous lung disease can easily go undetected as patients suffering from the disease may show normal chest X-rays and lung functions. High-resolution CT scans revealed severe asymmetrical, variably sized bullae in the patients studied. However, chest X-rays and lung functions were normal in half of them.

Lead author Dr. Matthew Naughton says, "What is outstanding about this study is the relatively young ages of the lung disease patients, as well as the lack of abnormality on chest X-rays and lung functions in nearly half of the patients we tested."

He added, "Marijuana is inhaled as extremely hot fumes to the peak inspiration and held for as long as possible before slow exhalation. This predisposes to greater damage to the lungs and makes marijuana smokers are more prone to bullous disease as compared to cigarette smokers."

Patients who smoke marijuana inhale more and hold their breath four times longer than cigarette smokers. It is the breathing manoeuvres of marijuana smokers that serve to increase the concentration and pulmonary deposition of inhaled particulate matter ? resulting in greater and more rapid lung destruction.

This paper is published in the January 2008 issue of Respirology.

Re: Great News for barman (Manny) and his tard daughter: Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

Smart cannabis users long ago abandoned the use of "smoked" marijuana.

We vaporize now and consume it in food products.

Win Win

Meanwhile, since marijuana is SO dangerous, it remains baffling why someone would publicly endorse it's production and distribution being controlled by unregulated criminal gangs, cartels and street dealers.

The most dangerous drugs - morphine, psychotropic medications (like those prescribed to "Joe Contrarian"), tobacco, alcohol and pharmaceuticals are subject to sensible regulations and oversight by business and government.

Progressive policy makers in 14 U.S. states and "Joe C's" native Canada have all seen fit to move marijuana into similar forms of legal regulation.

Only the Prohibitionist sides with the criminal drug cartels in perpetuating 21st century Prohibition.

One would almost think that a guy like "joe C" must be on the payroll of the cartels, until you realize they would probably demand he get his important message out to more than nine people on a low-traffic sports handicapping web forum.

I would type more....but I have to pack a bowl now. It's important I vaporize my stash before the DEA pigs from the Miami field office come a'calling.

Re: Great News for barman (Manny) and his tard daughter: Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

Best part of this here thread is knowing that Markie is still lurking over at the Rx behind some limp ID, though he's now totally impotent and unable to post in his preferred bombastic, racist and homophobic style.

:cheers

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

This article explains everything.

Why not just kill yourself and leave our civilized society in peace, Steve?

Instead, you're actively promoting "social progress" (read: good hardworking people should subsidize my criminal, unhealthy behavior)... 2938u4ji23

Heavy Marijuana Use Shrinks Brain Parts: Study

Long-term heavy use of marijuana may cause two important brain structures to shrink, Australian researchers said on Monday.

Brain scans showed the hippocampus and amygdala were smaller in men who were heavy marijuana users compared to nonusers, the researchers said. The men had smoked at least five marijuana cigarettes daily for on average 20 years.

The hippocampus regulates memory and emotion, while the amygdala plays a critical role in fear and aggression.

The study, published in the American Medical Association's journal Archives of General Psychiatry, also found the heavy cannabis users earned lower scores than the nonusers in a verbal learning task -- trying to recall a list of 15 words.

The marijuana users were more likely to exhibit mild signs of psychotic disorders, but not enough to be formally diagnosed with any such disorder, the researchers said.

"These findings challenge the widespread perception of cannabis as having limited or no harmful effects on (the) brain and behavior," said Murat Yucel of ORYGEN Research Centre and the University of Melbourne, who led the study.

"Like with most things, some people will experience greater problems associated with cannabis use than others," Yucel said in an e-mail. "Our findings suggest that everyone is vulnerable to potential changes in the brain, some memory problems and psychiatric symptoms if they use heavily enough and for long enough."

Among the 15 heavy marijuana users in the study, the hippocampus volume was 12 percent less and the amygdala volume was 7 percent less than in 16 men who were not marijuana users, the researchers said.

The researchers acknowledged that the study did not prove it was the marijuana and not some other factor that triggered these brain differences. But Yucel said the findings certainly suggested marijuana was the cause.

"STONED" FOR 20 YEARS

While about half of the marijuana users reported experiencing some form of paranoia and social withdrawal, only one of the nonusers reported such symptoms, Yucel said.

The heavy marijuana users, average age 40, said they had used other illicit drugs less than 10 times, the researchers said.

A U.S. group supporting legal sales and regulation of marijuana took issue with the findings, particularly because they were based on men who were such heavy, long-term users.

"These were people who were essentially stoned all day every day for 20 years," Marijuana Policy Project spokesman Bruce Mirken said by e-mail.

"This study says nothing about moderate or occasional users, who are the vast majority -- and the (study) even acknowledges this."

"The documented damage caused by comparably heavy use of alcohol or tobacco is just off-the-charts more serious, and you don't need high-tech scans to find it," Mirken added.

Yucel said the researchers have begun new research on the effects of both short-term and long-term and moderate and heavy use of marijuana.

Joey, if it were possible for a human being to consume a lethal dose of marijuana I would try to help you out.

But since it's a non-lethal herb, looks like you'll just have to stand by and keep expressing your support for criminal drug cartels, albeit to less than a dozen people in a low traffic sports handicapping forum.

That's no way to earn a paycheck, kid.

How has your life as a Toronto resident been affected by the almost decade-long legal access to medical marijuana by your fellow Canadians, Mark?

Does it cause you more or less angst than knowing that thousands of your fellow Canadians have been legally wed as same-sex couples?

Just what we need as taxpayers....more dope...

and hope...

• more food stamps
  • more housing subsidies
  • more free emergency room visits
  • more welfare payments to tards and their tard kids

...watching the treasury implode...

hey kid...you're the one publicly endorsing the illegal drug cartels and street dealing drug gangs.

There's really not much of anything I could write that's more silly than that position.

Just one of many reasons why I am truly the NEMESIS TO CONTRARIAN VIEWPOINTS

(cue rap and dance mix back beat)

he's my bitch, he's my ho....I got him ass up, on the flo....

Cyber wedgies up to his neck.....his posting has become a wreck

All alone with his crazy story....by himself in Cyber Purgatory

I write music copy!

How many crimes did you commit where you didn't get caught, Steve?

How many "bad checks" did you write, Steve?

How often did you beat your (first) wife, Steve?

How many different psychedelic drugs have you used at taxpayers expense, Steve?

How young was your daughter when you shared your poison with her, Steve?

America is going broke because of demented parasites like you, Steve.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Hey I thought I was Steve??? I did smoke some weed twice back in high school and puked both times if that counts for anything.To each their own but those crackheads are no good.

I did smoke some weed twice back in high school and puked both times if that counts for anything.To each their own but those crackheads are no good.

Didn't we all?

Some of us...ya know...grow up. :doh1

Others, well... :snort:

Steves are everywhere, man.

That's what happens when you're confined to a lonely cyber cell in CyberPurgatory and you wake up several times a week with your panties pulled up to your neckline.

How young was your daughter when you shared your poison with her, Steve?

America is going broke because of demented parasites like you, Steve.

Bump for our resident drug addled tard....

Creepy.

The Manic One looks like a pedophile.

Cool...that's one of my better photos on the worldwide web

Snapped in San Francisco back in April 2002

===
Meanwhile, we appreciate your continued visits to the MAPinc website, kid. More hits increases the funding we receive for the DrugSense and MAP websites which combined receive more traffic than any other drug policy websites on the planet.

Not only that, but each time you open that particular page, you can further imagine what it must feel like to have sufficient confidence in your personal political viewpoints that you might actually put a real name and face behind your Hot Opinions. That, as opposed to hiding behind cartoon caricatures on very, very low traffic sports handicapping web forums.

Steve Heath political opinions? Printed in over 250 mainstream media newspapers ranging from USA Today to New York Times.

Joe Contrarian political opinions? Found only in Cyber Purgatory

Tell the truth, Steve...you've got BIG TIME demons within you.

You were abused (physically, sexually or both?) as a child, weren't you?

THAT'S RIGHT! I SAID IT!

How else to explain that you're in constant need of psychedelic chemicals for the exclusive purpose of altering your natural emotional state.

How else to explain your thin skinned vindictive and vituperative posture toward anyone who happens to share a different political philosophy.

How young was your daughter when you first shared your personal poison with her, Steve?

How many demons, Steve? How many? 5? 10? 50?

C'mon, Steve...spill the beans...we're all curious as what makes a perverted manic stalker like you tick.

:3dgros13:

heh.....I see my last post has you throwing more feces at the bars of your Cyber Purgatory cage, kid

You're still too cowardly to show yourself and your Important Political Views to the real world outside of this sports capping forum

And I and my associates are getting our message out daily to the mainstream media in newspapers, radio and television.

It's kind of a shame seeing all your energy get burned out here in Cyber Purgatory.

But given that you're a supporter of the illegal drug cartels and criminal street dealing drug gangs, it's probably best you hang out here.....all alone.....with your half dozen friends giving you cyber wedgies.

Reverting back to the Original Topic of this thread...

Somewhat fascinating that if marijuana use is so debilitating to the human body, how is it that a 33 year cannabis consumer like me - when matched up against a guy 15 years younger like Joe Contrarian - can still run faster, jump further and fuck twice as long?

I'm kinda thinking maybe cannabis might be the Wonder Herb

With the month of October nearing an end, I nominate this here Thread as the funniest for Oct 2009 - in which "Joe C" sticks an exploding blunt cigar into his own mouth and fires that puppy up.

Bonus points for posting of my handsome pic from spring of 2002 (I was 10 lbs lighter and much faster off the dribble, but I can still bring it today)

THAT'S RIGHT! I SAID IT!

How else to explain that you're in constant need of psychedelic chemicals for the exclusive purpose of altering your natural emotional state.

How else to explain your thin skinned vindictive and vituperative posture toward anyone who happens to share a different political philosophy.

How young was your daughter when you first shared your personal poison with her, Steve?

C'mon, Steve...spill the beans...we're all curious as what makes a perverted manic stalker like you tick.

heh....

Markie, you're one of the few internet pussies I know who will come back to a self-created thread where you've been utterly Owned and yet you remain oblivious

Solid

Reverting back to the Original Topic of this thread...

Somewhat fascinating that if marijuana use is so debilitating to the human body, how is it that a 33 year cannabis consumer like me - when matched up against a guy 15 years younger like Joe Contrarian - can still run faster, jump further and fuck twice as long?

I'm kinda thinking maybe cannabis might be the Wonder Herb

But you do make a good point.

Bumping certain posts in this thread make for fun resets, especially when we're comparing a man who is open and willing to show his cards publicly versus an internet coward who is so ashamed of his Canadian heritage that he pretends to be an American.

Solid

heh.....I see my last post has you throwing more feces at the bars of your Cyber Purgatory cage, kid

You're still too cowardly to show yourself and your Important Political Views to the real world outside of this sports capping forum

And I and my associates are getting our message out daily to the mainstream media in newspapers, radio and television.

It's kind of a shame seeing all your energy get burned out here in Cyber Purgatory.

But given that you're a supporter of the illegal drug cartels and criminal street dealing drug gangs, it's probably best you hang out here.....all alone.....with your half dozen friends giving you cyber wedgies.

Just stopped in for a couple minutes in between hanging out with my many friends and colleagues at the world's busiest sports handicapping forum. Good to see that JoeC is still safely locked in Cyber Purgatory

Careful, kid. Don't get too much of your own feces on your fingers. It will jack you up when you later want to pick your nose.

THAT'S RIGHT! I SAID IT!

I must have hit a serious nerve with this post, because our resident drug addled tard is as manic as ever.

Oh, and btw CrackHeath -- "Joe Contrarian" will be back at the Rx before you can say President Palin!

Thanks for posting my handsome pic again, Markie. I hope it provides you hours of masturbatory satisfaction as you beat your meat in Cyber Purgatory.

"Joe Contrarian" will never again post at the RxForum, though I've no doubt you'll sneak in with some other ID.

But that ID will never provide you satisfaction, because it won't be permitted to post in the racist, bigoted, homophobic and bombastic style which you prefer.

Face it...."JoeC" and "Barman" went head2head at the RxForum and only one is left standing.

The cyber ID of "Joe Contrarian" will never again post on the WWW save for at a low-traffic EOG sports handicapping forum - aka, Cyber Purgatory

Without a doubt, my greatest accomplishment in ten years working on the WWW.

Or - to put in terms which I know you'll understand - the "Barman" bent "Joe Contrarian" over a cyber table and sodomized him with an unlubed broom handle.

Thus the only love Joey will ever know in his cyber prison where he is now serving a Life sentence.

tank

EOG Dedicated

I must have hit a serious nerve with this post, because our resident drug addled tard is as manic as ever.

Oh, and btw CrackHeath -- "Joe Contrarian" will be back at the Rx before you can say President Palin!
Sure looks like it Joe. He just smacks you down harder everytime and you come back asking for more.:LMAO

Listen up kids!

The amount of damage habitual psychedelics can do is severe. And it's not like the permanent symptoms of a drug addled brain are easily hidden...far from it...

<table id="post7231525" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(253, 222, 130) -moz-use-text-color rgb(253, 222, 130) rgb(253, 222, 130); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 11-12-2009, 01:47 PM <!-- / status icon and date --> </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(253, 222, 130) rgb(253, 222, 130) rgb(253, 222, 130) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #11 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(253, 222, 130); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> rolltide
Goldwater was right!

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_7231525" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(253, 222, 130);"> <!-- icon and title -->
<hr style="color: rgb(253, 222, 130); background-color: rgb(253, 222, 130);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> anyway we can ban bartool from posting the same meaningless, sarcastic drivel in every thread? I didn't think anyone could come close to punter and gtc as far as lack of quality posts but bartit inches closer with every keystroke

we get it! you find it impossible to debate your side of a topic reasonably so you resort to the tactics of an 8 year old. outstanding!

well, to your credit punter does the same thing but with much poorer grammar
<!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(253, 222, 130) rgb(253, 222, 130); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(253, 222, 130) rgb(253, 222, 130) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> <!-- controls --> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Good eye there, kid

But since you're no longer qualified to post at the RxForum, you likely don't realize that RT and I are tight like buds.

Meanwhile, you're over here in Cyber Purgatory...reading the RxForum....surfing the RxForum....and never able again able to post your bombastic, racist, homophobic and woman-hating drivel there ever again.

Have you mentioned RX enough in this thread Manny?

You know EOG can't be mentioned over there... Promote someplace else.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Been a long time since I went to the RX, hardly any traffic there from what I've seen, hell I check out giq more often than wils little kingdom.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Been a long time since I went to the RX, hardly any traffic there from what I've seen, hell I check out giq more often than wils little kingdom.
Jimmy Hoffa demonstrates his mod effectiveness by giving Manny a smack with the ruler,as if his mentioning an apothecary forum a few times has a huge impact on traffic figures:LMAO.

And what's merl doing visiting GIQ?
Is he fascinated how Doc Mercer,as moderator of its political forum,operates in his essentially 1 man echo chamber?

mr merlin

EOG Master

Yup, thats exactly it scrim, pretty sad that dirty has to settle for the likes of doc.

Fair enough...Was only responding to Joey's rap

Easy enough to use "up the street" without promoting

Thank you.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Fair enough...Was only responding to Joey's rap

Easy enough to use "up the street" without promoting
Don't worry Joey already advertised enough using your handle from ''up the street'' to break the forum rules here by starting this thread . It's all good and Munchkin has no problem with it so no rules violations will be brought to the attention of the mods.

Don't worry Joey already advertised enough using your handle from ''up the street'' to break the forum rules here by starting this thread . It's all good and Munchkin has no problem with it so no rules violations will be brought to the attention of the mods.

This is your most silly post yet given the fact Steve Heath's very presence in this forum is a violation of "the forum rules" on multiple fronts.

Since the rules aren't enforced (agitators like "Manny" aren't banned permanently), I make my own rules, ensuring I have loads of fun in the process. :thumbsup

It's worth noting for the umpteenth time that "Joe C/Mark L" is a fictitious cyber caricature which makes Lawn Boy's obsession all the more laughable.

As it is, I will be back "across the street" before you can say "President Palin" because age 50 is way past the expiration date for a habitual psychedelic drug abuser.

tank

EOG Dedicated

This is your most silly post yet given the fact Steve Heath's very presence in this forum is a violation of "the forum rules" on multiple fronts.

Since the rules aren't enforced (agitators like "Manny" aren't banned permanently), I make my own rules, ensuring I have loads of fun in the process. :thumbsup

It's worth noting for the umpteenth time that "Joe C/Mark L" is a fictitious cyber caricature which makes Lawn Boy's obsession all the more laughable.

As it is, I will be back "across the street" before you can say "President Palin" because age 50 is way past the expiration date for a habitual psychedelic drug abuser.
Thats funny considering you always said you did not want to ever go there again.I'm sure people over there are losing sleep over this with your rambling fairy tales coming to them soon.

Thats funny considering you always said you did not want to ever go there again.

Correct, so long as the alcoholic and his crack-addicted sidekick are running the show, "Joe Contrarian" will not return.

That said, this doesn't mean other cyber caricatures aren't posting there as we speak. I mean, I need a 'blocker' so I can't even read/see Steve's posts when I wanna know what all my buds are up to (eek, Mister MJ, Willie, Xpanda...too many to list)...

tank

EOG Dedicated

Correct, so long as the alcoholic and his crack-addicted sidekick are running the show, "Joe Contrarian" will not return.

Joe this is no way to ''butter'' up the people who are ''running'' the show over there.I think you need a 12 step program to help you over come this problem.:cheers