Greatest Negro League Player of All-Time?

universalist

EOG Dedicated
Rube Foster
Foster joined the professional ranks in 1902 when he won 51 games, including 44 in a row, while pitching for the Cuban Giants. The following season he topped that performance by going 54–1. A shrewd baseball tactician, Foster assumed the role of pitcher-manager for the Chicago Leland Giants in 1907. He guided that team to a remarkable 110–10 record.

Three years later, Foster’s Giants won national fame by winning 123 games and losing only six. He offered to match his squad against any white major-league club in a best-of-seven series for the “true baseball championship of the world.” No one responded to his challenge. In 1920, Foster founded the Negro National League, which is widely regarded as baseball’s first viable black major league.

Arnold Zwiffel

EOG Enthusiast
Interesting topic. Impossible to say. I would cast my vote for Oscar Charleston or Josh Gibson from everything that I have read about Negro League baseball.

MrTop

EOG Master
i read an article long time ago. They said gosh gibson had more homers than babe ruth.. they just would not let him play. Today the owners would go to mars to get a better player.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Don't know if true or not, but I've heard Old Timers swear Josh Gibson hit a Fair Ball out of Yankee Stadium. Everything I've heard from those that would know, claim he was the best of the Negro League players.