Has anyone ever folded k-k before the flop?

no.

But I don't remember ever being raised all in or being in a bad spot in terms of having to fold them.

I don't know that I ever would.

PO69

EOG Master
I have never folded king-king before. However, I have folded pocket aces before the flop in a live tournament when I was on the money bubble and short stacked and 5 other people in before me. I folded to get into the money. Of course one guy got trips and another got a flush so it was a good play.

I may never fold aces again, but in that case, I wanted to get the minimum $4200 money bubble. I actually ended up lasting quite a while longer and won around $6600 in that tourney

Glacker will be out of his league at the Blast .... I have been all in with KK and got sent home ..... I just need to learn a little more.

Personally, I would never ever fold A-A or K-K. Its HIGHLY unlikely someone has pocket A's but you can't fold or you are too easily bluffed imo.

Now after the flop you may read a guy for A-A and tread cautiously but not before the flop.

If you let short stacked enter the equation you may want to rethink that stradegy. I say play the cards no matter how many chips you got.

RPM

EOG Veteran
no i haven't and i never would. even if i were in playersonlys situation being the short stack and trying to stick around to get into the money, i would still play that hand strong. as a matter of fact, i would probably be very aggressive with it.

at the very least, it's a high percentage hand and i would be looking to double up and get away from being the short stack....

If you had an amunt that would hurt if you lost it, and enough to do damage later, and had 4-5 guys in in front of you for more than you have in front of you (in a crazy) game, I would fold in a heart beat. Someone either has you beat already, or has AK along with a couple guys having suited connectors, at that point you are not a favorite for sure, and if they are playing crazy like that, then yes I would fold. Getting 4 or 5 to 1 on your money seems the correct play, but not when you get beat up more often than that. Especially if it busts you.

That is the ultimate test. Lay that hand down, then bury them when they pull that after teh flop (when you see it a little cheaper).

I have done it more than a few times. I have even laid down pocket aces. Risk versus reward. if you are a better player, you simply out play them later on.

When you start calling all ins from maniacs you take the skill out of the equation, and make it primarilly about luck. Only heads up are those types of hands really strong, the more players you have, the less valuable they are. Period, end of sentance.

Some people will disagree, but a big difference betwen cash games and tournaments.

Yes..when I had to call about 3K(with a lot of action, and a lot of money behind me) against 4 or 5 idiots(whom I know well)...did it just the other night, and I would have lost.

But it was like I said, one guy had 10/10 or 9/9 can't remember, and other guy had KK, one guy had QJ siuted, and another had middle connectors. One guy flopped a set, and the other guy with QJ had an open ened straight and a flush draw. Guy caught a flush on the turn, won about 18K that pot I think.

I would rather pay 1K and see a flop and go from there and hope they don't hit, rather than get into a less than a coin flip for all my money. Again, that is a decent sized cash game, not a tourney or a 2-4 online table.

Situational gambling.

heart222

EOG Veteran
theres a comment in slansky book about folding if say you are in a game where 20 places are being paid and there are 21 players regardless of stack size. also even with a-a if your a favorite so what i think the object is to play against a few people 2 or less than get into a draw with 4-6 players. its not about macho its about winning.