How Do They Get Duke In?

Heim

EOG Master
I'm thinking a win over NC and a semi-final in ACC tourney might
be good enough to get the NCAA cover boy in 'K'

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I think they need to make the tourney final just to even be given a look. Double digits in losses plus bad defeats against wesker conference does gave cost them compared to more ACC darlings who have cared much better.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Funny, I've been wondering the same thing. Suffice to say, another worthy opponent will get the shaft as "K" gets his package rubbed.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
According to Lunardi, if today were Selection Sunday, Duke would miss the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1995.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Selection Committee should dock Duke for missing freshman Jalen Johnson.

He left team unexpectedly, essentially quitting on his teammates, in mid-February.

jimmythegreek

The Selection Committee should dock Duke for missing freshman Jalen Johnson.

He left team unexpectedly, essentially quitting on his teammates, in mid-February.
Kind of like Wiseman did last season when Memphis ended up in the NIT anyway after the then freshman played in just 7 games..

jimmythegreek

Sparty is at least north of mediocrity, but if Duke and 9-15 Kentucky somehow got in with the exception of winning their conference tournaments, I'll never watch another CBB game again.

I'm esctatic that Duke has to play on the first day as a 10 seed.

Last edited:

jimmythegreek

I have the Jackets squarely in right now thanks to a 6 game winning streak and 11 conference wins. The one win of course in the tournament is a just in case, but even a loss and they're still in imo. I think I'd rather play Syracuse than NC State though.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sparty is at least north of mediocrity, but if Duke and 9-15 Kentucky somehow got in with the exception of winning their conference tournaments, I'll never watch another CBB game again.

I'm esctatic that Duke has to play on the first day as a 10 seed.

Duke as a 10-seed in the conference tournament.

Who knew?

We are living in crazy times.

Duke will play this Tuesday in the first round of the ACC Tournament.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Duke gets in if others play out. It always happens. Bubble teams always choke. Duke beats BC they are in. Play in Game to get ratings for the First Four.

jimmythegreek

No way the committee accepts a 12-12 at best team in. It's run the tourney table or bust to me.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I think even if Puke loses, they are in. Conference record suckout. They will have to hide it by adding everybody above them.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Alan Boston lol. This could be the selection Sunday hat takes him out. I picture him attacking Jim Nantz with a water gun.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Kuntucky may be impossible because not enough at large bids left. Coach Cheat will have to win the SEC tourney.

jimmythegreek

Guess the more appropriate fitle thread question all along was, How do they end Dukes season? And how ironic it was on the 1st anniversary of the lockout.

I know these teams are big names, but frankly I bet most of their fans cringe at the thought of playing a good team in the tournament and may not even tune in. They shouldn't have much trouble selling tickets in limited capacity venues so the ticket sales angle isn't there either. I say its good for the NCAA to have non-blue bloods in the field in those last spots. I doubt K or Izzo are worried about getting back to prominence next season.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The annual preseason college hoop tournament featuring Duke, Michigan State, Kansas and Kentucky should rethink its list of invitees.

Crazy NCAA rules might knock them out of the real tournament. Seven days of negative tests required now? Every other sport basically says you remove the positive from the group and then watch closely 3-4 days of tests to see if anyone else has it. If everyone is wearing masks like they are supposed to then the chances of transmission are low.