How do we forgive our fathers?

Re: How do we forgive our fathers?

WOW.....

GREAT THREAD..... MAYBE THE BEST NON-SPORTS THREAD EVER.......

KEN,

my father is also an alcoholic. he was 17 and my mother was 15 when i was born. they were divorced 4 years later. my grandparents raised me and my sister from the time i was 12. i went from being the poorest kid in school on friday to the richest kid in school on monday.

my Mimi and Papa saved my life................

the very sad thing is my father lives maybe 5 miles from my house and most importantly his 2 grandsons home. my youngest son said to me the other night... "what's that guys name that lives over on Central Pike"? i said you mean my father and your grandfather? he returns.."oh, yes. i forgot he was my grandfather". like it did not bother him. he is so sad and lonely but it is very much a downer to go see him. all he does he tell me what a loser me and my sons are. he does the same thing to my sister. so i have just stopped talking to him. i know that i will regret it one day but i have my hands full trying to raised what are now 2 teenagers alone.

he was never my father. i wish he would at least be a grandfather.

thank God for God and his Son.

p.s. Dad.... love you still..

Munch.........

your Dad loved you. i am willing to bet (not a shock there) that he was a lot different from his Dad.

be yourself. love yourself as your father loved you. you have nothing to be ashamed of.:thumbsup

janus

EOG Dedicated

Hi Munchkin Man,

Perhaps you may want to consider forgiving yourself...

...or not thinking of yourself as requiring redemption. your parents are the same people you see on the subway or in traffic or at mcdonalds. they have preferences for types of people they like, just like everyone else. if parents don't "like" their children, hopefully the child will someday be strong enough to recognize that as merely an individual's personal preference rather than an automatic indication of a flaw or mistake. there is nothing for you to forgive yourself for except the lack of mindfulness that you are your own man with your own set of preferences, regardless of your source. good luck munchkin.

dirty

EOG Master

Munchkin... I think you would be surprised at how much your Father loved you.