I am LIVID about the Jimmy Butler Injury Play

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
As most know here: I was a sports official for some time. I did it for about 40 years - and would still love to be doing it but the Cancer 5-years ago took care of thar. I did High School basketball in the South OC area for 17 seasons and Youth Leagues for at least 25.

It is because of that I see plays differently than most. Here is the play of Jimmy Butler's injury. Go in 45-seconds and watch the shot from under the basket. JIMMY BUTLER TRAVELLED BEFORE HE WAS FOULED - yet the NBA NEVER calls this. We see 9-year veteran Mitchell Ervin BLOW the call. Butler moves his right foot - then watch the left. IT MOVES - BEFORE BUTLER WAS FOULED!

This is TRAVELLING! No debating it. Yet - how many people have you heard come out and call out the incompetent NBA officials for missing it! NO ONE!

We are told NBA Refs are the best. BULLLLLLLLLL - THEY ARE THE WORST AND THIS (no) CALL PROVES IT!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good catch, WINK.

Jimmy Butler's left foot clearly slides after the right foot is established as the pivot foot.

Referees seemingly have been part of the NBA entertainment division, starting with the David Stern era.

Ref calls are filtered through a star system which affords the best players the benefit of the doubt.

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James all benefited from favorable calls.

Disappointing to see.

In the same vein, here's my prediction for this year's WNBA season: The refs will protect Caitlin Clark.

She's the meal ticket right now and Clark will be promoted on and off the court.

If the WNBA commissioner has her way a la David Stern, she should instruct referees to promote the league's stars and ask coaches to play an uptempo style.

This strategy works best to entertain the current fan base and recruit future supporters of the league.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I have said it for years and still don't understand why they haven't ditched the play-in game yet. If the NBA can ditch the formerly new All Star game format with player teams, no Easy West and hit a required total of hypothetically of 184, they can go back to 1 vs 8, 3 vs 7, 3 vs 6 amd 4 vs 5, they can cut a few days off the season and have everyone base their dates on 82 regular season games. Seeding might still be a minor issue, but at least they can still move forward making sense with it. It's not exciting in my opinion nor is it honest.I don't care how much additional revenue it generates either.

kane

EOG master
If the refs called traveling every time it occurred the whistle would be blowing almost every possession, it would be a non stop whistle fest, I get why the refs turn the other way when a player travels, Jordan made a career out of traveling on his drives

kane

EOG master
It's the same with holding in the NFL, if the refs called holding every time it happened, either on the offensive line or defensive back, it would be a non stop ref show, so they call it sometimes and other times they let it go

boston massacre

EOG Master
Good catch, WINK.

Jimmy Butler's left foot clearly slides after the right foot is established as the pivot foot.

Referees seemingly have been part of the NBA entertainment division, starting with the David Stern era.

Ref calls are filtered through a star system which affords the best players the benefit of the doubt.

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James all benefited from favorable calls.

Disappointing to see.

In the same vein, here's my prediction for this year's WNBA season: The refs will protect Caitlin Clark.

She's the meal ticket right now and Clark will be promoted on and off the court.

If the WNBA commissioner has her way a la David Stern, she should instruct referees to promote the league's stars and ask coaches to play an uptempo style.

This strategy works best to entertain the current fan base and recruit future supporters of the league.

And The NBA Will Fine Any Player or Team Official If They Publicly Speak The Truth About The NoN - Travel Call.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
As most know here: I was a sports official for some time. I did it for about 40 years - and would still love to be doing it but the Cancer 5-years ago took care of thar. I did High School basketball in the South OC area for 17 seasons and Youth Leagues for at least 25.

It is because of that I see plays differently than most. Here is the play of Jimmy Butler's injury. Go in 45-seconds and watch the shot from under the basket. JIMMY BUTLER TRAVELLED BEFORE HE WAS FOULED - yet the NBA NEVER calls this. We see 9-year veteran Mitchell Ervin BLOW the call. Butler moves his right foot - then watch the left. IT MOVES - BEFORE BUTLER WAS FOULED!

This is TRAVELLING! No debating it. Yet - how many people have you heard come out and call out the incompetent NBA officials for missing it! NO ONE!

We are told NBA Refs are the best. BULLLLLLLLLL - THEY ARE THE WORST AND THIS (no) CALL PROVES IT!

lap18

EOG Dedicated

Winky....you are just so awesome. Were you really a ref? Who else knew this?