I Never Thought We Could Top 911

#1
This is 50x the magnitude of 911 . This is getting worse by the hour and I do not think many people will ever be able to go back home due to financial reasons.

Tons of peoples lives are ruined, no jobs and no where to live

Can New Orleans ever recover??
 
#3
No comparison Mr. Hoffa

911 was very isolated

How about towns of 30,000 destroyed?? Many of them too

911 although devasting was no where near this tragedy and I mean not even close.

Every expert already have called it the greatest disaster in American History

Good Luck Guy
 
#4
jjgold said:
This is 50x the magnitude of 911 . This is getting worse by the hour and I do not think many people will ever be able to go back home due to financial reasons.

Tons of peoples lives are ruined, no jobs and no where to live

Can New Orleans ever recover??
I agree with JJ on this one. Good thing something like this didnt hit NY or we would never hear the end of it. This is much worse than 911.
 
#5
I beg to differ Mr. Gold. While the hurricane has proven to be a massive disaster, when all is said and done 9/11 will have impacted America for possibly decades and across generations. Have you flown on a plane lately JJ, the level of security has taken a once pleasureable experience and turned it into an ordeal. When a family trip to Disneyland requires my 2 small children to remove their shoes at an airport I know we live in a different type of country than I grew up in. 9/11 has sent thousands of troops across the world to foreign lands and cost many lives.

I think you're missing the bigger picture on this one JJ, a natural disaster while immense just doesn't compare to the outright attack on our homeland. The attack on Pearl Harbor literally changed our world, when all is said and done 9/11 will have done the same.
 
#6
Jimmy Hoffa said:
I beg to differ Mr. Gold. While the hurricane has proven to be a massive disaster, when all is said and done 9/11 will have impacted America for possibly decades and across generations. Have you flown on a plane lately JJ, the level of security has taken a once pleasureable experience and turned it into an ordeal. When a family trip to Disneyland requires my 2 small children to remove their shoes at an airport I know we live in a different type of country than I grew up in. 9/11 has sent thousands of troops across the world to foreign lands and cost many lives.

I think you're missing the bigger picture on this one JJ, a natural disaster while immense just doesn't compare to the outright attack on our homeland. The attack on Pearl Harbor literally changed our world, when all is said and done 9/11 will have done the same.
Its sort of like nature. In the winter you need a hard freeze to kill some of the insects. NY has way to many people. It needed the reduction in population. But this NewOrleans thing is terrible. People have no food,housing,money. Alot of kids effected by this.
 
#8
UWinSports said:
Its sort of like nature. In the winter you need a hard freeze to kill some of the insects. NY has way to many people. It needed the reduction in population. But this NewOrleans thing is terrible. People have no food,housing,money. Alot of kids effected by this.

I'm thinking this is a poster from across the street!
:hung
 
#10
You guys have lost your mind. How does a nature disaster w/ time to evacuate even hold a cadle to 9/11? Hurricanes happen every year and this isn't even the worst ever. GOD BLESS thoughs poor people on the gulf, but atleast they had a chance to leave.
20 towelhead radicals used 4 planes in 3 states to kill thousands of innocent people, shattering families across the country, destroying landmarks and goverment bldg, putting the entire country on alert and in a state of panic, triggering paranoia in every town and child in the land, several songs were written from country to rap about the day, the horror of people jumping out of bldgs to avoid the flames, the memory still remains and the battles against the terrorists rage on to this day in AFGHANISTAN and IRAQ where soldiers die everyday.
JJ your your just wrong on this one!!!!!!!MAY'N!!!!!!!!:+signs9-1
 
#11
TONY MONTANA said:
You guys have lost your mind. How does a nature disaster w/ time to evacuate even hold a cadle to 9/11? Hurricanes happen every year and this isn't even the worst ever. GOD BLESS thoughs poor people on the gulf, but atleast they had a chance to leave.
20 towelhead radicals used 4 planes in 3 states to kill thousands of innocent people, shattering families across the country, destroying landmarks and goverment bldg, putting the entire country on alert and in a state of panic, triggering paranoia in every town and child in the land, several songs were written from country to rap about the day, the horror of people jumping out of bldgs to avoid the flames, the memory still remains and the battles against the terrorists rage on to this day in AFGHANISTAN and IRAQ where soldiers die everyday.
JJ your your just wrong on this one!!!!!!!MAY'N!!!!!!!!:+signs9-1
This is about the most ignorant post yet I have ever read on this subject. This is by FAR!!!!!!!!! the worst huricane damage wise ever. This is not even up for debate. It does not matter that maybe 1 or 2 storms had stronger winds than this one. The important thing is that it hit the most vulerable city in the world almost head on. Money wise this disaster is worse than 9/11.
 
#13
You all are comparing apples and oranges here! Both are/were disasters of epic proportion! What we should be asking is why were we not better prepared before, during and after this one? Maybe because our President and his advisers were more worried about Cindy Sheehan than doing his job!
 
#14
TONY MONTANA said:
Hey choptalk money don't mean chit compared to lives lost and this hurricane won't even be close! MAY'N!!
I can you this, I am from Louisiana. And I have heard from my best friend that lives just north of NO, and he told me that he was told by NG troops that there were bodies floating everywhere. There is no telling what the death toll will be.:blah
 
#15
911 is miniscule compared to this

Deaths are not only thing to use in a disaster forumula

Airlines are busier than ever, 911 was one small block and you could go down the street and have 3 steaks and go take showers and drink water, ect.

Yes it had huge impact on the world but The Hurricane was way more of a tragedy than 911
 

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
#16
UWinSports said:
Its sort of like nature. In the winter you need a hard freeze to kill some of the insects. NY has way to many people. It needed the reduction in population. But this NewOrleans thing is terrible. People have no food,housing,money. Alot of kids effected by this.
can we nominate posts as the most foolish in the short history of EOG??
 

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
#17
If the hijacers had flown the planes into the Dikes in N.O with no warning then it would have been much worse than 9-11. with the entire city populated and no way to get out. But with the evacuation and time to prepare and time to set up relief before hand to help Id say 9-11 had more lsting impact on America. But this situation in New Orleans (a city Ive never visited) is just crushing and sad.
 
#18
UWinSports said:
Its sort of like nature. In the winter you need a hard freeze to kill some of the insects. NY has way to many people. It needed the reduction in population. But this NewOrleans thing is terrible. People have no food,housing,money. Alot of kids effected by this.
AnthonyRichass- So in your opinion NY needed a population reduction, but NO did not? You certainly have changed your views lately. How about East St. Louis, are they still in need of the old pop.red.?
 
#19
CHOPTALK said:
This is about the most ignorant post yet I have ever read on this subject. This is by FAR!!!!!!!!! the worst huricane damage wise ever. This is not even up for debate. It does not matter that maybe 1 or 2 storms had stronger winds than this one. The important thing is that it hit the most vulerable city in the world almost head on. Money wise this disaster is worse than 9/11.
Chopper- When you add up everything that 9/11 cost us, I think that it will be 50x more expensive than Katrina. Good old GW would not have had his excuse to start invading people without 9/11 and hence there would have been no war.
 
#20
aceduecetrey said:
AnthonyRichass- So in your opinion NY needed a population reduction, but NO did not? You certainly have changed your views lately. How about East St. Louis, are they still in need of the old pop.red.?

I have never changed my views.
 
#21
ZZ, your right the two shouldn't be compared. JJ, I agree that the NO disaster is on a larger scale and more widespread, but what really counts is the death toll and hopefully the vast majority of people escaped with their lives. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of the gulf. It's a terrible day. MAY'N!!
 
#22
911 had a greater impact on the world and got us invovled in wars we should not be in and of course Bush is a cold blooded murder taking innocent soldiers lives that had no business being in Iraq.

In terms of a Disaster clearly the hurricane wins

Good Luck
 
#23
JJ is right as usual.



Think about how many people work in New Orleans. Now all of them don't have a job. What are they supposed to do now? Millions of people just lost their jobs, homes, and structure of life. Even the people who evacuated who are living in some hotel on credit cards with their family, what are they supposed to do now? What are they supposed to tell their little kids?




This is far worse than 9/11.
 
#24
Hitman, your right it's terrible, but you tell your kids it was a natural disaster and thank GOD your alive! The hard question to answer from a kid is why TERRORIST flew planes into a bldgs full of innocent people and killed their mommy/daddy at work!
One is an act of GOD/nature, the other an act of terrorism. AGAIN they shouldn't be compared. MAY'N.
 
#26
What has happened is un- imaginable

I am watching now

When reporters are stuned on the damage you know its bad and they have been through every disater possible

This is the same as an Atomic Bomb hitting a City
 
#28
Damage worse than an atomic bomb, the whole entire City is destroyed. I have no clue Tony what your watching.

might be thousands dead now, Mayor reporting
 
#29
JJ, I have said atleast five time this is terrible and my heart goes out to the people of the gulf. May GOD bless them all. It's worst thing I've seen in a long time devestating no doubt! MAY'N!
BUT AN ATOMIC BOMB?
 
#32
Jimmy...............damage Son is worse than Hiroshima

I heard the sillest quote from some reporter saying bring in Gulliano to rally troops

Common reporter...........911 had one block destroyed

New Orleans is gone

What an idiot
 
#33
That one block of people contained the 2 second tallest towers in the U.S.A.

N.O had a warning to evacuate. And know the hurricane was comming.
The only warning 911 had was the moment it was hit.

The hurricane didin't take 3,500 lives unlike 911. Atleast so far.

People lose homes and all their belongings but that's not the end of the world for them. A loss of life is much greater and that's the saddest part of the storm.

No one should compare 911 to N.O. Both were and are horrible disasters. And i could give a fuck less what a reporter says about this matter. He has his own right to an opinion like you... don't take everything they say for granted.
 
#34
This death toll is going to be precipitous! Not sure of a number yet-but still tragic, especially when you consider that most of these deaths could have been avoided. How sad! P.S. N.O. Mayor has said death toll will be in the THOUSANDS!
 
#35
I totally agree with JJ.

I would like to know where our allies are? So far only England and Germany have stepped up. France said they would "if asked". They must still be pissed they lost that land in the Louisana Purchase.
 
#36
Jagermeister said:
I totally agree with JJ.

I would like to know where our allies are? So far only England and Germany have stepped up. France said they would "if asked". They must still be pissed they lost that land in the Louisana Purchase.
Maybe they figure we don't need any help since we have an unlimited expense account in Iraq!
 
#40
NYC was up and running in a week. People could go to the other side of town. There is nowhere for these people to go. NYC also has the financial resources to heal faster than NO. NO is a dirt-poor city.
 
Top