I really like Colorado, even more in a few years...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
They are just loaded, with Freshmen (true), and sophs. They are really deep at rb, including last night's star, Rodney Stewart, and not bad at wr. The TE and the line are also young. QB has started every game since a freshman, a soph. This squad will all age together, and play a hellacious schedule this year. If it does not kill them it will make them stronger for the future. Top 25 next season, top 10 two years from now. A program on the fast track. They will take some serious lumps this season though.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Re: I really like Colorado, even more in a few years...

And their coach is way above par when making on field decisions.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

The future is the RAYS...who analysts claim to currently sport the WORST team they'll field for at least the next 6 seasons. :smokesmal

WVU

EOG Master

oh no Froggy. Don't fall in love with that hap hazzard of a team. They were lucky to get that win. They lose that game 8 out of 10 times playing mediocre talent

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

The RAYS are what is known as a Marilyn Chambers club..."Up 'N Coming"

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

These are barely HS kids. Playing mostly very experienced senoirs. The defense was pretty strong, except for some monster QB runs not many teams have the ability to match. Coach is outstanding recruiter, A+. Very good at gameplan, X'O's, calls during game. They could gel 2010. All this squad needs is a season or two playing together and lookout. They have a lot of learning together this season, against some of the best.

Next week:
at Florida State.

then:
Texas

then:
at Kansas

maybe a breather Kansas State

then:
at Mizzou

then:
at A and M.

they close out, at Nebraska.

5 top 25 teams in 6 weeks is tough by any standard. Time to go to school, on the field.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

These are barely HS kids. Playing mostly very experienced senoirs. The defense was pretty strong, except for some monster QB runs not many teams have the ability to match. Coach is outstanding recruiter, A+. Very good at gameplan, X'O's, calls during game. They could gel 2010. All this squad needs is a season or two playing together and lookout. They have a lot of learning together this season, against some of the best.

Next week:
at Florida State.

then:
Texas

then:
at Kansas

maybe a breather Kansas State

then:
at Mizzou

then:
at A and M.

they close out, at Nebraska.

5 top 25 teams in 6 weeks is tough by any standard. Time to go to school, on the field.

The run defense sure as hell wasn't strong shitferbrains.

mofome

Banned

no chance they are top 10 in 2 years, imo.

mofome

Banned

Yeah Frog off his rocker on yet another topic.

i'll never understand the feud b/w you gents, but its not my belief that OF is a moron. imo, frog is a very bright guy overall, just incorrect here. I have the same belief of you, i wish more threads with you guys went towards something helpful instead of the constant jabs and bashing. potentially, you can each make this place much better, and do at times, but there is way too much one-up-manishp b/w you two.

on to the topic, col has pulled a great olineman and they have a young line. they have a couple very nice backs. they have a qb that can get the job done. they have some talent at wr, but not overhwleming talent. that said, the other side of the ball will leave this team exposed to ass kickings vs the likes of mizzou/ou/tx/tt and other teams over the next couple seasons.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I used to think he was super sharp and smart too, but I was badly mistaken. He is just wrong far too often about far too many things now for me to give him credit for being a good sports mind.

Hawkins top 5 coach in the country. I was hoping TN would hire him and fire Fulmer when Hawkins was cashing in his Boise State ticket.

Hawkins top 5 coach in the country. I was hoping TN would hire him and fire Fulmer when Hawkins was cashing in his Boise State ticket.

top 5 in the big 12 under brown and stoops...wouldnt even say he is a top 10 coach in the country

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Hawkins is the man. He made Boise State a player. He took over a Colorado program that was going downhill fast. In just 3 years, he has them as a team people do not want to play. As Frog said, this team is super young. Their QB is a sophomore, their top 2 RB's are true freshman, their top 2 receivers are sophomores, their best OL is a sophomore and they start two freshman on the line, their TE is a true freshman. They also have 2 of the top 5 LB recruits from last year that are redshirting. They are back in the running with many of the California recruits they were not connecting with in the Slick Rick and Gary Barnett years.

This team is better than Tennessee right now and will be top 10 in 2 years.

Hawkins is a better coach than Mack Brown. Let Hawkins coach Texas the last 10 years and I guarantee they have more than 1 title.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

He did recruit some top talent. He did get a demanding schedule to prove if he is a great coach. Has a lot of proving to do, no doubt, but we shall see a few seasons from now what transpires. Are they ready for prime time now? Hell no, they are going to get schooled. But I think they will learn. A lot of people are really starting to believe in this coach. He did not embarrass himself last night.

Just got to get the kid to quit throwing easy picks to the other team. Drilled that middle lb on a pattern he stared down his man and had no seperation. Plus he was on wrong shoulder and off target and low on others. Seemed like he blew the easy throws. He threw two just perfect passes that first drive. The announcer started: he blew it threw into double coverage, oops, perfect pass, /td. They went real conservative 2H, and some playcalling like that reverse was ugly.

All I am saying is the program is gaining momentum. Should be a good run. They do have close to a 50/50 run pass balance. They are one of the best all young at once teams I have seen.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Decent coach, but I don't think his teams will be physical enough. Just a touch on the soft side and I doubt that will change.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Hawkins is the man. He made Boise State a player. He took over a Colorado program that was going downhill fast. In just 3 years, he has them as a team people do not want to play. As Frog said, this team is super young. Their QB is a sophomore, their top 2 RB's are true freshman, their top 2 receivers are sophomores, their best OL is a sophomore and they start two freshman on the line, their TE is a true freshman. They also have 2 of the top 5 LB recruits from last year that are redshirting. They are back in the running with many of the California recruits they were not connecting with in the Slick Rick and Gary Barnett years.

Hawkins is a better coach than Mack Brown. Let Hawkins coach Texas the last 10 years and I guarantee they have more than 1 title.

I could agree with this post. I say top 10 2 years also. These guys will have years of experience, together. And coach is the real deal. He is getting the Cal kids, the big program #1 in the nation types. Talent translates to wins on this level. When these other guys see this they take a hard long look also. You may get some real strong transfers now. They are starting over from scratch and have a lot of believers and some results to prove it. I'd say they are set at rb for 3 years. Need one more fast wide/kr. TE playing good enough, missed one key block though. QB may be very sharp with more in game experience, and weapons around him.

mofome

Banned

1) this team is not better than tn right now and there is no chance they will be top 10 in 2 years.
2) hawkins would be the 7th or 8th best coach in the sec
3) col certainly does not have 2 of the top 5 LB recruits from last year redshirting
4) da'rel scott is the better scott
5) Id be surprised if Col got one of the top 30 recruits in the state of california.

aside from that, im with ya.

:cheers

mofome

Banned

He did recruit some top talent. He did get a demanding schedule to prove if he is a great coach. Has a lot of proving to do, no doubt, but we shall see a few seasons from now what transpires. Are they ready for prime time now? Hell no, they are going to get schooled. But I think they will learn. A lot of people are really starting to believe in this coach. He did not embarrass himself last night.

Just got to get the kid to quit throwing easy picks to the other team. Drilled that middle lb on a pattern he stared down his man and had no seperation. Plus he was on wrong shoulder and off target and low on others. Seemed like he blew the easy throws. He threw two just perfect passes that first drive. The announcer started: he blew it threw into double coverage, oops, perfect pass, /td. They went real conservative 2H, and some playcalling like that reverse was ugly.

All I am saying is the program is gaining momentum. Should be a good run. They do have close to a 50/50 run pass balance. They are one of the best all young at once teams I have seen.

Best Wishes...OF

:cheers:cheers:cheers

Hawkins is EASILY a top 10 coach in the country, SEC biased is even used in coaches?

mofome

Banned

I could agree with this post. I say top 10 2 years also. These guys will have years of experience, together. And coach is the real deal. He is getting the Cal kids, the big program #1 in the nation types. Talent translates to wins on this level. When these other guys see this they take a hard long look also. You may get some real strong transfers now. They are starting over from scratch and have a lot of believers and some results to prove it. I'd say they are set at rb for 3 years. Need one more fast wide/kr. TE playing good enough, missed one key block though. QB may be very sharp with more in game experience, and weapons around him.

col has had one top 25 recruiting season, i believe. this year the problem is no in-state talent. Col only has one 4 star kid, the best player in their state cant even get an offer from the likes of USC. if they can out scout the kids in cali, then they may be able to do something, but the best kids in cali aren't going to colorado.

mofome

Banned

Hawkins is EASILY a top 10 coach in the country, SEC biased is even used in coaches?

biased? the best coaches Want to coach in the sec.

meyer
spurrier
petrino
tubberville
richt
fulmer (some laugh, but great winning % and a national title)
miles
nutt
brooks
croom
saban

give me a great, no conference is close.

biased? the best coaches Want to coach in the sec.

meyer
spurrier
petrino
tubberville
richt
fulmer (some laugh, but great winning % and a national title)
miles
nutt
brooks
croom
saban

give me a great, no conference is close.

BILL LYNCH...NUFF SAID

mofome

Banned

i also think its funny that anyone cites things as 'biased'. the sec is, in fact, the best conference in football. thats a fact, not a bias.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

col has had one top 25 recruiting season, i believe. this year the problem is no in-state talent. Col only has one 4 star kid, the best player in their state cant even get an offer from the likes of USC. if they can out scout the kids in cali, then they may be able to do something, but the best kids in cali aren't going to colorado.

Two of the best did. Scott and Smith. I think Josh is having a much larger impact than his big named cousin, Darrell. Little Stewart was the man on the ground. They could evolve to thunder and lightning, with more speed on the thunder. I've seen it before, he can build them from the ground up. Even better, Darrell was down to Texas and Colorado, guess where he went. That is a victory all in itself. What about they win their conference within two years?

Best wishes...OF :cheers

Two of the best did. Scott and Smith. I think Josh is having a much larger impact than his big named cousin, Darrell. Little Stewart was the man on the ground. They could evolve to thunder and lightning, with more speed on the thunder. I've seen it before, he can build them from the ground up. Even better, Darrell was down to Texas and Colorado, guess where he went. That is a victory all in itself. What about they win their conference within two years?

Best wishes...OF :cheers

he went there for family reasons yet a victory nontheless...win their conference in within two years? not a shot...maybe the big 12 north

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Yeah, Darrell is the 2nd coming of Christ. Or maybe, someone was right on the money yesterday when they said he was a good but nothing special back.

Yeah, Darrell is the 2nd coming of Christ. Or maybe, someone was right on the money yesterday when they said he was a good but nothing special back.

just because youre scouted as the best back in the nation doesnt mean you are going to be a great back in college

mofome

Banned

Best wishes...OF

Scott was goin to go somewhere that he could start as a freshman, that happened to be Col. Ive read a number of things that talked about him not wanting to compete with top backs for the position. Scott is kind of a strange kid. At one point he said charles leaving made him want to play at texas, he said that col had no indoor facilities which hurt them (col does have an indoor facility) and he said a number of strange things. I would conisder him the exception, and not the rule.

as for the smiths, sure they are from california, but they were not recruited by anyone.

mofome

Banned

scott is a very good, not elite prospect. imo.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Scott was goin to go somewhere that he could start as a freshman, that happened to be Col. Ive read a number of things that talked about him not wanting to compete with top backs for the position. Scott is kind of a strange kid. At one point he said charles leaving made him want to play at texas, he said that col had no indoor facilities which hurt them (col does have an indoor facility) and he said a number of strange things. I would conisder him the exception, and not the rule.

as for the smiths, sure they are from california, but they were not recruited by anyone.

Darrell also showed up 15 to 20 lbs overweight and late. Got bypassed on depth chart by unheralded Stewart. I like Smith, recruited or not, kid can and has played. Sometimes you spot kids on the tape you are scouting that may not get recruited, and you can glom them up. He did the same thing at Boise St. He is not going to get all the top prospects, but he will find kids outside the normal channels, that will play very well. That's why he is playing so much youth, these are his guys. I respect that.

mofome

Banned

Darrell also showed up 15 to 20 lbs overweight and late. Got bypassed on depth chart by unheralded Stewart. I like Smith, recruited or not, kid can and has played. Sometimes you spot kids on the tape you are scouting that may not get recruited, and you can glom them up. He did the same thing at Boise St. He is not going to get all the top prospects, but he will find kids outside the normal channels, that will play very well. That's why he is playing so much youth, these are his guys. I respect that.

Best Wishes...OF

yeah i know scott came in over-weight and thats part of the package. the want, the desire, the competitive spirit. just as i said, he's not been considered someone with that elite competitive nature and thats large part of playing at this level.

as for the smith boys, yeah they look good, but the point i was debating was col being able to take kids out of cali that other teams wanted. as i mentioned, they'll have to win the scouting battle and they very well could. lots of kids in tx/fla/ and cali fall through the cracks.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Yep, being lazy and overweight is not a free pass in my book as it seems to be for Frog. Character traits are important part of the deal.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

1) this team is not better than tn right now and there is no chance they will be top 10 in 2 years.
2) hawkins would be the 7th or 8th best coach in the sec
3) col certainly does not have 2 of the top 5 LB recruits from last year redshirting
4) da'rel scott is the better scott
5) Id be surprised if Col got one of the top 30 recruits in the state of california.

aside from that, im with ya.

Tenn lost to a team that lost to BYU 59-0. Colorado is 3-0 and beat the #21 team in the country.

Hawkins would be the #3 coach in the SEC behind Urban and Saban.

Sorry- 2 of the top 9 LB
<TABLE class=prospectranking cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=rank>1</TD><TD class=name>Etienne Sabino
Miami (FL) Dr. Krop</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-3/222</TD><TD class=schools>Ohio Statehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=56&Sport=1</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>2</TD><TD class=name>Lynn Katoa
Salt Lake City (UT) Cottonwood Senior</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-2/220</TD><TD class=schools>Coloradohttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=14&Sport=1</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>3</TD><TD class=name>Brendan Beal
Bethlehem (PA) Liberty</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-4/235</TD><TD class=schools>Floridahttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=21&Sport=1</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>4</TD><TD class=name>Brandon Beachum
Youngstown (OH) Cardinal Mooney</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>5-11/216</TD><TD class=schools>Penn Statehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=61&Sport=1</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>5</TD><TD class=name>Uona Kavienga
Los Angeles (CA) Leuzinger</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-0/226</TD><TD class=schools>USChttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=71&Sport=1</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>6</TD><TD class=name>Nigel Carr
Jacksonville (FL) First Coast</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-3/220</TD><TD class=schools>Florida Statehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=22&Sport=1</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>7</TD><TD class=name>Mike Zordich
Youngstown (OH) Cardinal Mooney</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-1/220</TD><TD class=schools>Penn Statehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=61&Sport=1</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>8</TD><TD class=name>Steven Filer
Chicago (IL) Mt. Carmel</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-3/220</TD><TD class=schools>Notre Damehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=55&Sport=1</TD></TR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>9</TD><TD class=name>Jon Major
Parker (CO) Ponderosa</TD><TD noWrap> </TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-4/230</TD><TD class=schools>Coloradohttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=14&Sport=1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Da'Rel is a RS sophomore. Darrell is a true freshman. We will delay the call on that one.
#5 They got the #1 player in California last year and I hear look real good with the #1 OL in California this year, Michael Philipp.

mofome

Banned

silly silly silly man.

1) they beat them who beat them who beat them. you are you serious with that logic? bama lost to la monroe and then smacked the shit out of col. tn would dominate both lines easily. col wouldnt score or stop the run.

2) hawkins would not be remotely close to the #3 coach. hes not better than tubberville, richt, petrino, spurrier...come on.

3) those are the middle linebackers. please leave the recruiting information to me. :) they dont have 2 of the top 5 lbs, they don't have 2 of the top five mlbs, there were 2 5-star lbs and col didnt get either. so, col got two of the top 9 mlb recruits. thats good...nice little top 15 class.

4) im well aware of how old the scott boys are. it took me one game to pick da'rel scott as a future all acc player. one. i know what i see and the better scott is in college park.

5) phillip doesnt even have an offer from USC and he wants to play early. i doubt he ends up at Col, but USC doesn't seem to think a ton of him.

WVU

EOG Master

Tenn would beat Colorado 7 out of 10 times

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Tennessee and WVU will both be 1-2 within the next 24 hours. Colorado is 3-0. Let's see who has more votes in each poll after the weekend.

mofome

Banned

Tennessee and WVU will both be 1-2 within the next 24 hours. Colorado is 3-0. Let's see who has more votes in each poll after the weekend.

yes, how neat. col beats e wash state tech by 3. neat win. col is a nice little team, they would be kentucky in the SEC East.

mofome

Banned

i hope you appreciate the corrections and knowledge i shared with you.

j/k