If I were "The Greek"

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Between now and April '06 I would hire the best baseball linesman (may be there already but I doubt it) and offer 8c -10c tiered baseball lines next year. Run ads like "The Best is now Better" right after the SuperBowl.

He better just find someone that can take props and option OTB that are either already done, or might cause problems.

If you ask me he is running a pretty slack ass place down there.

Other guys might think he is the shit. but I have never played there, and from what I have seen lately I won't be anytime soon.

Definately a second tier book right now.

MCP

wantitall4moi said:
He better just find someone that can take props and option OTB that are either already done, or might cause problems.

If you ask me he is running a pretty slack ass place down there.

Other guys might think he is the shit. but I have never played there, and from what I have seen lately I won't be anytime soon.

Definately a second tier book right now.
very ridiculous statement. OLY should be in EVERYONES top 3

Chris@Olympic said:
Leave one Prop up which was $200 limit and this guy ,thinks Olympic is going downhill, please

my mistake

I dont even have an account there and I have seen 3-4 in the past couple months.

IF I did have an account there I probably would have seen a lot more.

No offense, but ONE is one too many. Sloppy business, period. Especially when one of those props happened in week one of the NFL season, what was that a month and a half ago?

Add that to some of the questionable customer service issues, it has a compounding affect.

When one book is failing in an area, THAT is what DOES seperate them. Therrefore, YOUR book does not belong in the top tier.

All the others pay, all the others take shit down when it is over, all the others have more tactical ways to handle touchy issues, especially when that book lets an outside entity rule. Even if they didn't plan on abiding by it.(which wouldn't have happened in the first place had someone not been asleep at the wheel <my initial point to my post>) .

When you have black marks in areas you are not as good as the places that don't. Is a simple as that.

MCP

wantitall, Olympic is one of the best when it comes to the amount of props they offer, however like you said you cannot speak on that..you dont even play there !! these are humans it is easy for 1 of hundreds of props to slip through the cracks.

That is just it. Props are SUCKER bets. Anyone with even a little math skill would die if they new what the holds were on those plays.

Just because a place offers them up doesn't make them a great joint, just means they know how to bleed money out of people.

They are not the only ones, but IF they are going to offer these things at least have the common sense to get them OTB as soon as they are decided or when something shady or problematic happens.

If they can't do that then maybe they should limit the amount they offer.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Want, your getting offcourse here and the FROG will help get you straightened out. I expect comments like that from JJ as in Justa Joke. But what the hell are you talking about? I you let you slide on the free money sorta 1 for 6 Indians playoffs. I gave you a fat NLCS scalp, right in front of your face, hey it's only -1.60, oops, -1.80 next post. You have the audacity to criticize a store you have never been in, and then attacks props? I think The SHRINK is right, you lost it in the bookmaker thread.

Please spare me your illustrious and yet uninformed opinion on Olympic. You are not qualified to render an opinion without having any experience there. That is akin to a movie reviewer saying, "I did not like the movie, even though I have not seen it, I have heard enough." What? Get some playing time at a store and some real on hand experiences or stay at a Holiday Inn. They have a continental breakfast there?

Props are a handicapper's dream. If you spend enough time on them, you will win a high % consistently. I collected a Shaq to miss first ft 8 out of 9 times. Blocks, ft' player performances and player matchups are all sweet. Sure there is a juicing, but I would prefer the offering juiced than no offering at all. Plus, different stores put up independent numbers, not on the screen. This is not sorta money laying 1 for 6. This is same time scalps, or scalps with plus. Are you still active in the business? At times lately you seem out of touch with reality. I could write an essay longer that your longest rants, on the virtues of Olympic. But what difference would it make? You have already made up your mind, with making zero bets there. I call that an uninformed opinion, and you know where I file those?

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

MCP said:
wantitall,must be nice to never make mistakes. I envy you.

I am NOT a bookmaker, nor am I claiming to be a TOP TIER bookmaker.

So don't come in here with that stupidity. That is a losers response to something. Trying to turn it around on someone making a point, and trying to lessen it by associated them with it.

I suppose when something bad happens it is just a "mistake"?

When I DO make a mistake, generally all it does is cost me a little bit, either pride or money. When a "top tier" boook makes a "mistake" people get screwed because their bets get cancelled. Especially if they didn't think they were taking a shot. Some people make bets and expect them to be good plays, not plays that may or may not have already occured.

WHEN stuff like this happens it opens up a HUGE can of worms, from all angles.

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
Want, your getting offcourse here and the FROG will help get you straightened out. I expect comments like that from JJ as in Justa Joke. But what the hell are you talking about? I you let you slide on the free money sorta 1 for 6 Indians playoffs. I gave you a fat NLCS scalp, right in front of your face, hey it's only -1.60, oops, -1.80 next post. You have the audacity to criticize a store you have never been in, and then attacks props? I think The SHRINK is right, you lost it in the bookmaker thread.

Please spare me your illustrious and yet uninformed opinion on Olympic. You are not qualified to render an opinion without having any experience there. That is akin to a movie reviewer saying, "I did not like the movie, even though I have not seen it, I have heard enough." What? Get some playing time at a store and some real on hand experiences or stay at a Holiday Inn. They have a continental breakfast there?

Props are a handicapper's dream. If you spend enough time on them, you will win a high % consistently. I collected a Shaq to miss first ft 8 out of 9 times. Blocks, ft' player performances and player matchups are all sweet. Sure there is a juicing, but I would prefer the offering juiced than no offering at all. Plus, different stores put up independent numbers, not on the screen. This is not sorta money laying 1 for 6. This is same time scalps, or scalps with plus. Are you still active in the business? At times lately you seem out of touch with reality. I could write an essay longer that your longest rants, on the virtues of Olympic. But what difference would it make? You have already made up your mind, with making zero bets there. I call that an uninformed opinion, and you know where I file those?

whatever

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
wantitall4moi said:

MCP gets the nice backhand, but FROG gets "whatever". That pretty much sums up the quality of your posts as of late. I nominate name change for you to wanttogetitback. You have lost it.

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
MCP gets the nice backhand, but FROG gets "whatever". That pretty much sums up the quality of your posts as of late. I nominate name change for you to wanttogetitback. You have lost it.

Basically because your posts didn't make sense, and didn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

But if you must know I got out from under most of that Bet, and if you remember I made a post about it, musta missed that one.

I don't have to play at Olympic to see they are slipping. Just like I don't need to do a lot of things to see where failures are occuring.

Everyone will defend them until they do something to screw them opver.I seem to remember a while ago A LOT of people were pissed at Olympic for some reason or anohter. Whether it was justified or not was never answered. But people are selfish that way.

I have NO reason to LIKE or DISLIKE a book. I never played at Camelot, Aces, Yahoops, Black Rhino, BetMega or any other now near defunct or totally defunct book to know that they sucked. I won't go as far as to say Olympic Sucks. But they have some issues, anyone that is blind to that gets what they deserve.

I pointed out issues at Pinnacle a year or so ago. People thought I was nuts then too. Until they saw them as well. They have since been corrected, and don't happen anymore. but Pinnacle wasn't leaving postions up to bet on. Their issues were a little different, and could have been more costly in the long run.

I call em like I see em. One thing is a MISTAKE, two things MIGHT be a mostake, several things is a PATTERN, and patterns are bad, especially if the pattern is a pattern of laziness or out and out disregard of the fundamentals of this business.

BAKER-- actually my shortests post(s) ever have been a simple "no".

Sleeper Hold said:
And people wonder why book reps so rarely get involved in threads.......

If "involvement" means something other than backhanded comments, I am all for it.

But if they want to have an actual comment, I am sure most would be all ears.

There has been nothing from them on anything, be it the F1 decision, or their continued leaving postions up on the boards. And there have been more than the one they are talking about elsewhere. I saw a couple baseball futures left up there several times well after the games had started.

So if they want to get involved give some explanations. It is obvious they sawthis and have read it.

And stop with the "it doesn't deserve a comment". It certainly deserved TWO half assed attempts at defendingthemselves.

TRY a real answer.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Olympic is an elite book among the vast majority of posters. No way everyone will be happy. I am sure karol looks at all the customers and the few complaints and sleeps very well at night.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
So why would the forum want the wants opinion, if you have no experience there. The F1 fiasco is public knowledge, so you are not enlightening us there. Is there ever a point where you feel someone does not want the want's opinion? If you uncovered the great Pinnacle mystery than I am sure you are at some heroic level. But what are you saying here besides rubbish? You start dragging in failed books and say they are not yet at that level, but the comparison is made. Yes, Spiro the deadbeat, I hear that all the time. Then you meander into prop bashing, still, never having played them. Presenting an educated, informed opinion is one thing, but you are merely interjecting propaganda, and negative associations involving Olympic. What is your point?

I have made the point several times. They are either too lazy to take things down after they have been decided. Or whoever is in charge of it isn't doing their jobs.

What if they leave up a bad number or a bad play? And then people bet it? Then those people are labeled shot takers. I think you are more than familiar with that scenario.

It is called them having NO RISK, and NO LIABILITY. If they leave it up and people seemingly take shots and it loses they keep the money. if it wins they cite a rule and they refund the money.

It also gets into a very touchy subject of what is a bad number or when should a future play come down?

If They left the White Sox up last night at +150 or whateveer they were, and say they were leading 5-0 who isn't going to bet the White sox at hose odds in futures? Especially since that win dropped their odds to -110.

TECHNICALLY The Sox may not have won, but every other books takes futures and series prices down after the teams involved start. I have seen their futures and stuff up as deep as the thrid and 4th inning.

THAT is my point.

People will take shots, some might bet something not even knowing they are taking a shot. A book can just as easilly take shots themselves, especially when they are seemingly above reproach.

Like I said, people that condone it get what they deserve.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
No rhetorical, no what ifs. They blew it on a F1 just as bad as Michelen blew it with the tires. But your implication of no risk is conjecture, at best. All they had was risk when 6 cars started. They blew it by not taking the lines down, on an obscure F1 prop. When they discovered the mistake, it was too late. You throw around accusations, baseless at best, like they were your wasted words. Their too lazy, someone in charge failed, it was a scam. I look for patterns. I tell you what want, there will be no pattern here. This was a one time occurence. You have no point, that is where you are wanting. Conjecture and what ifs just don't cut it with me. Tell me something concrete, not I have heard a lot the last few months. I used to want to read the want's posts. I don't want to anymore.

Best Wishes...oF :+waving-5

FYI

I agree with Oly on the F1 situation IF the official rules of the F1 governing body is that that parade lap doesn't constitute the start of the race. Oly at least had their disclaimer in there that said the OFFICIAL rules of the SPORT(whatever car racing is) will decide all matter in finality.

BUT a statement would have been nice. Or better yet, refunding everything and then putting a lower limit on it, and put the Michelin tire cars in as a FIELD bet. There are a lot of things they COULD have done, they didn't do any. But I still can agree with it. SOrt of like the TUCK rule, and the trapped ball last night. In terms of RULES they were decided correctly. In terms of COMMON SENSE and for PUBLIC RELATIONS, some sort of answer HAS to be given.

I am only using that as a spring board. I have seen more than a few instances. If I hadn't I wouldn't spend time writing about it. Like I said I don't even have an account there. But to have people blindly sucking this guys ass is laughable. They and you wil be the first to turn on him if it were YOU who gets on the wrong side of one of his "mistakes".

Especially when you yourself are always looking for that extra edge. Which there is nothing wrong with, but if you are relying on that egde because of another position and it gets erased you won't be able to cry loud enough.