If I'm NFL commissioner...

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If they go to 18, more injuries, more tanking. To make up for injuries, more rule changes to continue trajectory towards flag football.

howid

EOG Dedicated
Nostalgia is one thing, who can forget Air Coryell, the Cowboys Flex, the Bears 46, and the ever present West Coast Offence.

Not much identity these days ...

kane

EOG master
If they go to 18, more injuries,
These teams have played 15 games, there isn't one injury this season that wouldn't have happened in an 18 game schedule, 18 games means more injuries, but only in the 18th game, if a QB goes down in game 18, then you can say the 18 game schedule caused the injury. Guys like Burrow, Herbert, Watson, Jones, Cousins, Pickett would have gotten hurt regardless of the length of the season

boston massacre

EOG Master
Injuries. Injuries dilute the product.

The QB play right now, league wide, is as poor as I can remember.

Expansion would mean more games. That would be better, right? No, it would be a huge mistake.

Lots Of Players Get Injured Without Any Contact.

Nobody Touched Aaron Rodgers, But He Was Put Out For Year on His 1st Set of Downs.

Same With QB Cousins.

Trevor Lawrence Got Hurt Diving For a 1st Down Without Anybody Jumping on Him.

Rules in NFL Give QB's Lots of Protection.

railbird

EOG Master
mahomes needs most of the blame, he makes tons of bad decisions, and he never addressed his piss poor footwork.

railbird

EOG Master
chiefs have a top 3 defense so that isnt the problem. refs kissing their ass less this yr, prior years the refs would carry them in close games

railbird

EOG Master
if im nfl commissioner i say No hair out side of helmet otherwise it can be legally pulled by the defense. i also say no blm promotion, no vaccine promotion, no untied nation promotion allowed.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
6. Change the touchback rule. I've railed against this rule in the past and like many, I believe its the worst (OK, second worst now that MLB has an invisible runner in extra innings) rule in sports. I'm referring to touchbacks where the offensive player fumbles the ball through/out of the end zone. Logically the offense should retain possession at the 1 yard line. I'm willing to even penalize the offense. Give them possession back at the 10 yard line. Possession doesn't change so if team A had the ball 2nd and goal from the 4, gets the near TD to fumble out of bounds in the end zone, its now 3rd and goal from the 10. Change of possession is crazy.

Thought of this post as soon as it happened.