I'm Starting To Bend ..

Heim

EOG Master
Swarming defense....not too many open looks for MIA in series. Hats off to James & Co.

Give Vogel credit....two guys always in the corner spreading MIA defense, despite waking up late that Dwight was useless in the series.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And that's why Frank Vogel was hired to coach the Lakers.

To crack the whip on the defensive end.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Miami is limited offensively even with a healthy Goran Dragic on the court.

Jimmy Butler not only had to play heavy minutes in the Finals but he also had to assume some of Dragic's playmaking role.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Miami is the only NBA team that can field an all-white starting five playing their natural positions:

Goran Dragic
Tyler Herro
Duncan Robinson
Kelly Olynyk
Meyers Leonard

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mark Cuban's Mavericks have six white players on the roster but none of them are American-born.

The Miami Heat feature four American-born white guys.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hold up, Olynyk was born in Toronto, Canada.

Miami with only three American-born white guys.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Duncan Robinson sounds like the name of an African-American hoopster but he might be the whitest guy in the NBA.

Hehe.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Swarming defense....not too many open looks for MIA in series. Hats off to James & Co.

Give Vogel credit....two guys always in the corner spreading MIA defense, despite waking up late that Dwight was useless in the series.

Overall, he did a really good job. Spo outcoached him but the gap between them was shorter than the gap between the two teams; as predicted.

UniBron can mix and match w/ anyone which is why only Vogel could have fucked this up. I still don't understand how they got to 6 games, hats off to them, they should have been done in 5. You saw the gap between them tonight, our A-game buries them.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Should be a lot of props to Vogel for getting g the most out of AD.that’s not the easiest thing to do, keeping him focused.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I played Lakers ML in game 6 to cover my losing futures, winning 1 unit after those. I shut it off about 6 min unti the 2nd qtr, Miami was really having a problem scoring.

This will be taken under consideration during the sentencing part of your trial. Take that unit and get a good lawyer.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK...you need to see a doctor....you have a slight case of Railbirditis

Where are all the American-born white guys in the NBA?

When MLB found a declining number of black players participating in the sport,, the powers-that-be put forth initiatives to revive the game in the inner cities of our country.

Is anyone in the NBA going to be concerned about the declining number of white players in the league?

I didn't think so.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

When MLB found a declining number of black players participating in the sport,, the powers-that-be put forth initiatives to revive the game in the inner cities of our country.

Is anyone in the NBA going to be concerned about the declining number of white players in the league?

I didn't think so.
Your powerful message on the back of your jersey could be White Swingmen Matter.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
JK...you need to see a doctor....you have a slight case of Railbirditis

Or, is it a an undiagnosed case of coronavirus, railbird style, symptom free, except for railbirditis? Just kidding.

What is your concern? "White" players or "white" U.S. born players? Is there a shortage of U.S. born players playing basketball in the U. S. in youth leagues and in high school?

By the way, all people have melanin in their skin unless they are albinos. "White" people just have less. There is an ecological explanation for that which I don't want to spend time elaborating on.

melanin defined: a dark brown to black pigment occurring in the hair, skin, and iris of the eye in people and animals. It is responsible for tanning of skin exposed to sunlight.

I didn't think so.

There are plenty of highly paid white guys in the NBA. They just happen to be coaches, refs, GMs and owners.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted

from the undefeated.com:

"In 1956, (Jackie) Robinson's final year in the majors, African-Americans constituted 6.7 percent of major league rosters. Today (2017) that number is 7.7 percent, according to MLB." (underlining and italicizing by me)

USA today states that in 2020 it is 7.8%. I wonder what the all-time high was? (I looked it up. See the answer below.)

Source: The Society of American Baseball Research

Highest percentage of African American Baseball Players: 18.7% Year: 1981

The years 1975-1986 compromised a 12 year span with the highest percentage of African American baseball players in the Major Leagues with 1975 (18.5%) the first year with over 18% and 1986 (18.3%) the last year with over 18%.

The low marks during that time span were 1978 and 1980 with 17.4%.

The recent low is 6.7% occurring in 2013, 2014, and 2016. Their study ended in 2016.

The Society of American Baseball Research has much more data if you are interested.

Apparently, the expense of the sport relating to "traveling" baseball teams limits African American participation in baseball these days.

From a USA Today article:

“We think our roster should look like the United States of America,’’ Michigan coach Erik Bakich said. “. . . Look at the cost of travel ball and these showcases. There are 9-year-old kids paying $3,000 a year for travel ball. That’s ridiculous. It prices out all of the lower income families, and that’s a mistake."

You look at every college campus, and the best athletes are on the football and basketball teams. We’re losing our best athletes to those sports because we are (pricing) them out of baseball, and that’s baseball’s loss." (bolding and parenthetical clarifications by me)

Most of Major League baseball's players of "color" are from Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Central and South America, or Asia (most Asians baseball players, I would think, would be from Japan and Korea).