Is America FINALLY Waking up?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
[h=1]MSNBC Reaches No. 1 for First Time in Weekly Primetime Ratings, Fox News Drops to Third[/h][h=3]Joe Otterson[/h]TV Reporter@JoeOtterson

[FONT=&quot]COURTESY OF MSNBC
MAY 22, 2017 | 01:58PM PTFor the first time in its history, MSNBC ranked number one in both total viewers and the key adults 25-54 demographic during primetime for a full week among the big three cable news networks.
For the week of May 15, MSNBC averaged 2.44 million viewers with 611,000 in the key demo from 8 p.m.-11 p.m. Four MSNBC programs were number one for the week in total viewers in their respective time periods: “The Rachel Maddow Show,” “Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell”, “The 11th Hour” and the midnight re-air of “The Rachel Maddow Show.” Maddow had the top ranked non-sports program in all of cable for the week. On CNN, “Anderson Cooper 360” ranked number one in in the demo for five straight days at 8 p.m. This ties for the longest winning streak on record for the show in that timeslot.

In addition, Fox News ranked number three in primetime in the key demographic for five straight days with 497,000 viewers, the longest streak at number three the network has had in that measure in 17 years, since June 2000. CNN finished second in the demo with 588,000. Fox was second in total viewers, however, with 2.41 million, beating out CNN’s 1.65 million.
In total day viewership for the week, Fox News finished first in total viewers with 1.5 million and second in the demo with 321,000. MSNBC was second in total viewers with 1.2 million total viewers and third in the demo with 281,000. CNN finished third in total viewers with 1.05 million but first in the demo with 353,000.
[h=3]RELATED[/h]‘Daily Show With Trevor Noah’ Enjoys Most-Watched Week Ever as Trump Bombshells Mount

MSNBC’s record week comes as repeated scandals have plagued Donald Trump’s administration. First came the report last Tuesday that now former FBI Director James Comey had written in a memo that Trump personally asked him to drop the investigation into possible collusion between Trump’s presidential campaign and Russia. That report was followed closely by another claiming Trump gave away classified information to Russian diplomats during a meeting in the Oval Office. Finally, on Wednesday, the Department of Justice announced that they would appoint former FBI director Robert Mueller as special counsel in charge of the Trump-Russia investigation.

[h=2]FILED UNDER:[/h]

[/FONT]

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: Is America FINALLY Waking up?

[video=youtube;Ut0TaegQ-kw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut0TaegQ-kw[/video]

I don't have much of an opinion on this small 14 year old boy that MSNBC loves to tout, but it seems listening to his opinions is the opposite of what being informed is all about. He seems to miss every prediction he makes.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

'This is a democratic polling firm, this is a real polling firm, this is legit methodology"

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Trump wins South Carolina by like 18 percent. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Yeah, I'm sure a polling firm that runs 'legit methodology' would miss a forecast by 18 fucking percent. Sounds legit, Rach.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

'This is a democratic polling firm, this is a real polling firm, this is legit methodology"

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Trump wins South Carolina by like 18 percent. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Yeah, I'm sure a polling firm that runs 'legit methodology' would miss a forecast by 18 fucking percent. Sounds legit, Rach.
What is this Anti Semitic racist babbling about? These are Cable TV RATINGS, not polls or a polling firm.

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Cable News Ratings Upheaval: Maddow and Cooper Dominate, Fox Slips With Rare Week at No. 3[/h]1:49 PM PDT 5/22/2017 by Michael O'Connell

• FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • EMAIL ME
  • PRINT
  • COMMENTS
[/FONT]

Brett Carlsen/Getty Images

[FONT=&quot][h=2]A week filled with developments from the Trump administration has MSNBC leading primetime and CNN boasting total day demo victories.[/h]There hasn't been a horse race like this in cable news in quite some time... if ever.
A week of humbling headlines for the embattled Trump administration proved to be ratings pay dirt for CNN and MSNBC, each of which scored significant victories in different day parts. Simultaneously, Fox News Channel posted its first five-day streak at No. 3 in primetime since 2000.
Both CNN and MSNBC nabbed big wins among adults 25-54, with CNN winning total day in the key demo for the workweek and MSNBC scoring in primetime. Though it was a tight race between 8 and 11 p.m. throughout the week, FNC ranked below the other two for the first time in almost 17 years.
Primetime Averages for May 15-19
1. MSNBC: 611,000 adults 25-54; 2.44 million viewers
2. CNN: 589,000 adults 25-54; 1.65 million viewers
3. FNC: 497,000 adults 25-54; 2.41 million viewers
Standout telecasts include CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. With Bill O'Reilly now out of play in the 8 o'clock time slot for more than a month, Cooper placed No. 1 for the hour Monday through Friday. (The last time CNN had such a streak in the hour was during coverage of the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001.) MSNBC and FNC traded off the No. 2 slot, with O'Reilly replacement Tucker Carlson coming in at No. 3 on several nights.
Rachel Maddow remains the biggest story in cable news. Her nightly dominance now a safe bet, the anchor's MSNBC show topped the week among adults 25-54 with an average 760,000 viewers in the key news demo. Maddow is driving MSNBC to a record streak. Last week marked its second consecutive one atop the demo in primetime — and the first ever with a win among total viewers.
All three networks are up significantly from the same period a year ago — and even with its string of nights at No. 3, FNC is still winning the month of May in both primetime and total day. (That's in the demo and total viewers.) But with CNN and MSNBC on its heels in different day parts, this last week will prove to be make-or-break for all parties.
The confluence of events here is a decidedly unique one. CNN certainly benefits from fast-moving stories, and MSNBC is no doubt getting opposition eyeballs as the Republican government battles crisis after crisis, but the fact that FNC's comparatively weaker narrative comes amidst massive programming shifts cannot be ignored. Its primetime lineup is virtually unrecognizable from the one that finished 2016 (the biggest year in cable news history) on top.
With Megyn Kelly now at NBC and Bill O'Reilly podcasting somewhere, Sean Hannity is the only network stalwart holding down the FNC lineup.
[/FONT]

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

This clueless racist, anti Semitic idiot now thinks Cable TV RATINGS are controlled by Democratic Polling Firms?

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This clueless racist, anti Semitic idiot now thinks Cable TV RATINGS are controlled by Democratic Polling Firms?

What the fuck are you talking about? This insane 14 year old boy was rambling about Hillary Clinton winning South Carolina in the Presidential election. Are you mentally challenged?

boston massacre

EOG Master

MSNBC Reaches No. 1 for First Time in Weekly Primetime Ratings, Fox News Drops to Third

Joe Otterson

TV Reporter@JoeOtterson

• [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]

COURTESY OF MSNBC
MAY 22, 2017 | 01:58PM PTFor the first time in its history, MSNBC ranked number one in both total viewers and the key adults 25-54 demographic during primetime for a full week among the big three cable news networks.
For the week of May 15, MSNBC averaged 2.44 million viewers with 611,000 in the key demo from 8 p.m.-11 p.m. Four MSNBC programs were number one for the week in total viewers in their respective time periods: “The Rachel Maddow Show,” “Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell”, “The 11th Hour” and the midnight re-air of “The Rachel Maddow Show.” Maddow had the top ranked non-sports program in all of cable for the week. On CNN, “Anderson Cooper 360” ranked number one in in the demo for five straight days at 8 p.m. This ties for the longest winning streak on record for the show in that timeslot.

In addition, Fox News ranked number three in primetime in the key demographic for five straight days with 497,000 viewers, the longest streak at number three the network has had in that measure in 17 years, since June 2000. CNN finished second in the demo with 588,000. Fox was second in total viewers, however, with 2.41 million, beating out CNN’s 1.65 million.
In total day viewership for the week, Fox News finished first in total viewers with 1.5 million and second in the demo with 321,000. MSNBC was second in total viewers with 1.2 million total viewers and third in the demo with 281,000. CNN finished third in total viewers with 1.05 million but first in the demo with 353,000.
RELATED

‘Daily Show With Trevor Noah’ Enjoys Most-Watched Week Ever as Trump Bombshells Mount

MSNBC’s record week comes as repeated scandals have plagued Donald Trump’s administration. First came the report last Tuesday that now former FBI Director James Comey had written in a memo that Trump personally asked him to drop the investigation into possible collusion between Trump’s presidential campaign and Russia. That report was followed closely by another claiming Trump gave away classified information to Russian diplomats during a meeting in the Oval Office. Finally, on Wednesday, the Department of Justice announced that they would appoint former FBI director Robert Mueller as special counsel in charge of the Trump-Russia investigation.

FILED UNDER:

FRUITCAKES !

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

How in the heck is MSNBC 1st? I never even consider them for anything important or factual.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I wonder if a bunch of teenage girls being slaughtered in the name of Islam in the U.K. will 'wake' up any Americans.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

How in the heck is MSNBC 1st? I never even consider them for anything important or factual.

Rachel is very informing. Always based on facts. You never see MSNBC attacking the right. They report the news.

FOX News is a different story. 80% of their agenda is to attack the left. They do it loudly! Many wackos screaming at the left. They present wackos to falsely support Russian #45 tweeting lies. I.E. Obama wiretapped my phones. 3-5 million illegal votes.

The informed consumer what's real, factual news. You definitely don't get that at Fox.

The pattern of Fox losing will continue.

michael777

EOG Dedicated

Rachel is very informing. Always based on facts. You never see MSNBC attacking the right. They report the news..................That is just stunning BIG,just incredible that you could think that

billysink

EOG Dedicated

[video=youtube;Ut0TaegQ-kw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut0TaegQ-kw[/video]

I don't have much of an opinion on this small 14 year old boy that MSNBC loves to tout, but it seems listening to his opinions is the opposite of what being informed is all about. He seems to miss every prediction he makes.

That kid could kick the ever livin shit outta you. I've seen your picture.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

I wonder if a bunch of teenage girls being slaughtered in the name of Islam in the U.K. will 'wake' up any Americans.
How is this possible. The Idiot Drumpf had a secret plan to defeat ISIS on day 1. All Terrorists were going to quake in fear of him, and disappear from whence they came. Because he's strong and tuff and stuff. Instead, he's the poster child for ISIS recruitment, as anyone sane knew.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Rachel is very informing. Always based on facts. You never see MSNBC attacking the right. They report the news..................That is just stunning BIG,just incredible that you could think that

Explain how they became #1?

Turn on Fox and there's a great chance you'll hear Hannity attacking the left, Judge Pirro screaming at the left, Jesse Waters yelling at the left, Guifoyle, etc, etc. They all do it loudly with spit flying. You won't see that behavior on MSNBC or CNN.

Patriots vs. Partisans?

WTF were the Russians doing in the WH?

Not treason, but treasonous behavior. I've chosen to be a Patriot.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

How is this possible. The Idiot Drumpf had a secret plan to defeat ISIS on day 1. All Terrorists were going to quake in fear of him, and disappear from whence they came. Because he's strong and tuff and stuff. Instead, he's the poster child for ISIS recruitment, as anyone sane knew.

So let me follow you correctly... it's Trump's fault that UK has slowly become more and more Islamic over the last decade? Damn, poor Trump. Everything is his fault. JFYI, if it was up to Trump, the mass muslim immigration never hits us or our allies.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

So let me follow you correctly... it's Trump's fault that UK has slowly become more and more Islamic over the last decade? Damn, poor Trump. Everything is his fault. JFYI, if it was up to Trump, the mass muslim immigration never hits us or our allies.
Didn't say it was the Idiot's fault, like your disgusting ilk constantly did about Obama. Learn how to read, Anti Semite. It's also not any Religion's fault, like you racist idiots try to portray, if it turns out to be some sick ISIS wannabee. It's the fault of whatever sick mind(s) did this.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Didn't say it was the Idiot's fault, like your disgusting ilk constantly did about Obama. Learn how to read, Anti Semite. It's also not any Religion's fault, like you racist idiots try to portray, if it turns out to be some sick ISIS wannabee. It's the fault of whatever sick mind(s) did this.

It's not any religion's fault? LOL... Islam is the only religion 500 years behind the rest of the world, sweetheart.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Rachel the sharpest, most informative news women in the business. No one dissects a story as well as she does.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

You have completely lost your mind.....assuming you had a mind to begin with.

WTF were the Russians doing in the WH? I know 45 didn't mention Isreal but why is he
sharing Isreali's secret intelligence with the Ruskies.

Instead of attacking Muslims direct some of that hate at Russia. No way thou. Trump's posse is in Russia or have strong Russian connections.

Wilbur Ross
Jared Kushner
Etc
Etc
Etc
Mike Flynn
Jason Chaffetz
Etc
Fertilizer King
Etc
Devin Nunes
Jeff Sessions
Etc
Etc
Roger Stone
Paul Manofort
Julian Assange
Cater Page
Eric Price
Betsy D.
Rexy T.
Scott Pruitt
Tom Price

That's a long list of corrupt Republicans!

FYI assholes

Country before party. Russians oh my!

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated

MSNBC's Mr Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell discussed the possibility that Trump and Putin conspired to gas the Syrian people in an attempt to approve Trump's approval ratings after Trump responds with cruise missile attack on Syrian airbase. If that does not expose MSNBC as nothing more than a smear President Trump network, than nothing will.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

anyone think the Mets could win tomorrow? does Ottawa have a chance ? oops wrong forum ....

Bushay

NHL Expert

anyone think the Mets could win tomorrow? does Ottawa have a chance ? oops wrong forum ....
It's just a couple threads here. As long as it's kept in here or another, shouldnt upset the apple cart. I like to learn why these guys tick like they do. Watch their characteristics. Expose them when possible. I don't partake in the personal attacks when talking politics and normally will never think differently about someone if they have a different view than mine. But a few in here really test those limits. Just spiteful and downright personal. But it's a weakness on their part. Why would you be mad at me if our opinions differ? For instance Buster came in the other thread the other day and had a lot of choice, ugly, personal words about me because of my beliefs and opinions. I never considered him a friend over the years, but he did Pm me a couple times looking for advice from me and I gave it to him. The other day he comes in here and calls me a motherfucker and a guy ripping off elderly people. The guy don't know me from a hole in the ground. I look at it as a defect. A mental flaw. Something most every republicans have in their DNA. That's what the other side is dealing with here. And shows us how far in life we as a society still,have to go. If we ever get there or even close. Very scary. They are scared of living their life from an even field. I don't think they would survive very well without their daddy's getting them a job and getting them that nice advantage in life to start with. They'd get eaten up. They don't want to lose that position at any costs and resort to this type of behavior. Trump is their last chance. And they are gonna hold on at all costs. So they are enablers for him. They make excuses at every turn because he is their only hope of this continuing. They know the end is near for them. Once Trump is out of office they may never see another Republican in charge in their lifetime. They saw what happened in South Africa when the white rule ended. They were treated very poorly. And rightfully so. I've been at both ends of the spectrum. I'll be alright either way this breaks off.

I enjoy the entertainment factor. There's only a small handful of them in here speaking out anyways. There's no mods here so they can say what they want. They'd lose their jobs saying what they do in real life what they say in here. Or get their asses beat if they are not out in numbers.

Pens in 6 and the Preds are a better team but Crosby and the others Cup experience takes things in the end. Pens speed will be the difference again. But the Preds D is very quick and nimble as well. Johansson and Fischer injurys will have a more profound effect in the next round. Still need to get past the pesky Sens first though. I think they already feel,defeated though. Sens were floored after that last one. They are going to need a Hail Mary on Tuesday and then their game 7 in Pittsburgh.

MSNBC is the definition of fake news. Rachel Maddow was the one to first show Trump's tax return on TV. It just showed that Trump paid $35m in taxes. She somehow thought it was a negative.

Bushay

NHL Expert

MSNBC is the definition of fake news. Rachel Maddow was the one to first show Trump's tax return on TV. It just showed that Trump paid $35m in taxes. She somehow thought it was a negative.
Was a negative. It's the only one that halfway looked legit. That's the only one he wanted everyone to see. Why not show them all? What's he hiding?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Was a negative. It's the only one that halfway looked legit. That's the only one he wanted everyone to see. Why not show them all? What's he hiding?

He should show them but isn't required to. All it will do is piss everyone off on how much the rich get entitled tax breaks. He owes the public nothing.

When did the left make the big jump from CNN to msnbc?

Bushay

NHL Expert

He should show them but isn't required to. All it will do is piss everyone off on how much the rich get entitled tax breaks. He owes the public nothing.

When did the left make the big jump from CNN to msnbc?
All that very well true FW. He doesn't owe the public anything.

But wouldn't that issue clear up so much of all this controversy? What is he hiding? Why show one and not the rest? You said yourself in or opening sentence. "He should show them".

Who cares if he's not required to. Would clear up so much but he won't because he's hiding something he does not want the American public to know.

Better question...why don't you want to see as well? Wouldn't you like to see all the facts?

Seems you're overlooking some pretty important questions so this guy stays in office. I think you know yourself if those taxes are released..this whole nightmare takes a huge turn. And not a good turn for the guy you back.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

All that very well true FW. He doesn't owe the public anything.

But wouldn't that issue clear up so much of all this controversy? What is he hiding? Why show one and not the rest? You said yourself in or opening sentence. "He should show them".

Who cares if he's not required to. Would clear up so much but he won't because he's hiding something he does not want the American public to know.

Better question...why don't you want to see as well? Wouldn't you like to see all the facts?

Seems you're overlooking some pretty important questions so this guy stays in office. I think you know yourself if those taxes are released..this whole nightmare takes a huge turn. And not a good turn for the guy you back.
The people who voted for him don't care about his tax returns. His supporters only care that he can improve their lives. People can spend all day about Russia, tax returns, etc, but they don't improve your life one way or another.