is sports betting rigged

cgalley

EOG Enthusiast
do you have a better chance making money at sports or poker ,and is there a service handicapper for bases baskets and football someone recomends

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Welcome to EOG.com. There are good opportunities in both if you work for the skill needed to succeed. Best of luck.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
I enjoy sports wagering. But don't enjoy poker. Mathematically, I think winning in poker is determined (long-run) by the skill of the people who you play against. Sports wagering maybe slightly similiar in the odds quoted, but public perception is the line maker, as I understand it.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Hey there cgalley, welcome to ego!

When I was very young there was a very big article in Playboy (oops stuck my foot in mouth!:eek: ) that claimed sports betting was fixed.

Wish I could acquire that old copy somewhere just to read it again and what all it said.......

pags11

EOG Dedicated
I think the reason most people think sports are rigged is that they expect the better team in terms of talent to kick ass each game...many times the more talented team doesn't win that day and that's when I hear all of the "rigged" comments...

An occasional game is rigged. Like the past Super Bowl for example. But other than that, not much of it really goes on.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
HEY UDOPIA WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP HERE IN THE BIG LEAGUES DOES THE FREAK KNOW YOU HAVE LEFT HIS FORUM FOR 5 MINUTES.BOYS I HAVE BEATEN THIS DEADBEAT UDOPIA 4 STRAIGHT YEARS IN THE FREAKS FORUM BADMANS CONTEST.IF YOU BOYS ARE SMART FIND OUT WHO UDOPIA IS PLAYING AND GO THE OTHER WAY THIS KID IS BRUTAL A BOOKIES DREAM.

HEY UDOPIA TELL THE FREAK I WILL SEE HIM NEXT YEAR IN THE BADMANS CONTEST ITS EASY MONEY OVER THERE.:D I GRIN WHEN I WIN