It seems that Baltimore is asking Lamar Jackson to become more like Dan Fouts

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I'd like to know what the overall opinion is about this here at EOG?

They finally have decent weapons at the WR position...clearly the best during Lamar's tenure.

railbird

EOG Master
beckham living off that 1 handed catch 5 yrs ago, dropped a boatload of routine catches in cleveland

Valuist

EOG Master
I was planning on betting both Lamar and Daniel Jones UNDER in their rush props. Funny how those big contracts tend to make the hunger go away

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
"Lack of weapons" - A QB unable to sustain a consistent passing game.

I'm not buying it. Jackson is an electric run-first QB who struggles in the passing game.....

He's about as different from Dan Fouts as you can get.

kane

EOG master
He may be the most underrated qb of the last 40 years. He was Marino before Dan came into the league.
I agree, very few who ever played the game threw it like Fouts, granted he played in a pass happy offense which helps, but Fouts was great. Speaking of Marino, recently Montana was asked who the best QB of all time was, he said Marino

I agree, very few who ever played the game threw it like Fouts, granted he played in a pass happy offense which helps, but Fouts was great. Speaking of Marino, recently Montana was asked who the best QB of all time was, he said Marino
I'd go Marino, Rodgers, Manning

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
This guy is SO fing bad!! A TD in the 1Q and just waiting around trying their best to lose the game......

Yeah man, not sure the Fouts experiment is going so well. :rolleyes:

But yeah the problem was never lack of weapons, the problem was lack of a QB who could throw the football.

You have to really try hard to lose this fing game as well as their defense has played.

Valuist

EOG Master
Remember RG3 as a rookie? Great passing stats. Why? Because he was such a good running threat, he'd have wide open receivers. Blows out his knee and the big running threat is gone. We all know how RG3 as a dropback passer turned out.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
The Ravens' Dan Fouts experiment might help if they signed receivers who could catch the ball.

The person who made the final decision to pay Odell Beckham $16 M should be fired.

railbird

EOG Master
zay flowers is a clown, beckham has low iq

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Sorry WW, Jackson will never be anything close to Fouts.

He's an electric regular season run-first type of QB who is wildly inconsistent throwing from the pocket.

Fouts was a barely waddle over to the bench QB who was devastatingly accurate throwing the football.

Rail/Kane are more likely to be twin brothers than those 2 QB's being similar.

That said this playoff loss was more on the staff than anyone else, just idiotic game plan for him and the offense.

railbird

EOG Master
media always wants to blame the whites instead of blacks. coaches got the blame instead of zay and lamar endzone turnovers.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
lamar is no longer an electric runner, just a good runner, its not 2019 any more. absurd that people think he is a top `10 qb
bottom of the top 10 tops. Correct on being an electric runner. It seems like they have 2-3 years of it, but the league catches up fast.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
lamar is no longer an electric runner, just a good runner, its not 2019 any more. absurd that people think he is a top `10 qb

He's still the best running QB in football, hands down. Josh Allen probably the only other one close.

That said I agree he's not a Top 10 QB, not in my mind........

In fact without his legs his career upside as a QB probably peaked in High School.

If he ever does turn into Dan Fouts (and that level of run/scrambling ability) his career is over.

He will never be an elite beat-you-from-the-pocket with his arm QB.

Nothing to do with race, just football.

We move on.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Correct on being an electric runner. It seems like they have 2-3 years of it, but the league catches up fast.

Not sure how you define "catches up" but he still ran for over 800 yards this year, top QB and top 25 overall even including RB's.

In fact nobody with at least 150 attempts averaged 5.5 YPC like he has this year.

In my view the league didn't catch up to him as much as he and the Ravens chose to curtail his run game in this attempt to make him Dan Fouts.

Just like they did in the play-off loss, tried to make him into something he is not.

If you want a guy more like Dan Fouts draft a new QB and begin anew, it's really that simple.

Solve by inspection.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
allen is a better runner, josh doesnt slide he wins the collisions

If you're trying to convince me Jackson is smarter than Allen I'll take your word for it.

Winning collisions isn't a primary or even secondary consideration of an NFL QB.

The "best" collisions, the one's you "win" are the one's that never happen.

If you're going to pretend to have played QB in the past maybe learn about the position?

We move on.

railbird

EOG Master
If you're trying to convince me Jackson is smarter than Allen I'll take your word for it.

Winning collisions isn't a primary or even secondary consideration of an NFL QB.

The "best" collisions, the one's you "win" are the one's that never happen.

If you're going to pretend to have played QB in the past maybe learn about the position?

We move on.
he runs corners over, and moves chains