Javon Walker Out For The Year

Look like the Packers did the right thing not to give him a new contract. Packers aren't doing a think this year, just a good team to fade.

Put a fork in 'em, they're done. Their division is so bad I cant forsee a wildcard represtative coming out for the playoffs, so even if the Packers won the division by default they'd be embarrased in the playoffs.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
this is a bad team in a bad division. Still I think 8-8 could be a playoff spot so I dont count out GB or MN at all.

Stephen

EOG Addicted
Not really General. Driver gets moved from split end to flanker, which was Walker's position. The flanker is the key receiver in the Packers' offense. But he doesn't catch as many passes. He's more the home run threat.

Yardage-wise it's good for Driver. But if your league includes receptions then it's a downgrade. Plus Driver now draws opponent's top corner and gets double-teamed without Walker.

Robert Ferguson will take over for Javon. Favre likes to throw to Ferguson and has a good history with him in the past.

The Pack's problem is in their defense anyway.

Stephen

EOG Addicted
You're right Green, Favre likes Ferguson. So does Sherman. They appreciate how hard he plays and that he's willing to play special teams. He's actually one of Green Bay's better special teams players (there aren't too many of them.)

However, Favre and Ferguson don't have a whole lot of history because Ferguson played little his rookie season and has been constantly injured the past couple of years. I'm sure he'll get banged up again this season.

The Packers only have three playmakers on their entire team and Walker was one of them. They're in for a long season.

GreenDoberman said:
Robert Ferguson will take over for Javon. Favre likes to throw to Ferguson and has a good history with him in the past.

The Pack's problem is in their defense anyway.

GD i think Packers problem is Favre and him throwing intos. Atleast with a bad defense a team with a potent offense should score enugh to win games. But when Favre throws 4 intos that doesen't help the defense at all, it just gives more chances for it to get exposed.

Everyone will do fine if Favre steps up and plays solid like he used to. He has his streaks and i hope he starts one this week at home against Clevland.