Kentucky can play defense. Why can't Oklahoma?

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I know Tulane is no slouch, but if the Sooners expect to be a National Championship contender, I hope Alex Grinch doesn't need to depend on Spencer Rattler to outscore his culture change issues.

I know Tulane is no slouch, but if the Sooners expect to be a National Championship contender, I hope Alex Grinch doesn't need to depend on Spencer Rattler to outscore his culture change issues.

I have to bite my tongue and not call this a foolish post so JK is happy. Jimmy, what do you think the line would be if Tulane played ULM?

Kentucky coaching staff sure ran a fishy final series leading to a score. Get the ball up 28 with 4 minutes left and you have a strong ground game, that's a formula for an almost certain run out the clock with runs drive. Instead they are out passing and get a covering TD with a minute left after making a couple of big pass plays. So yeah their defense played well but they weren't going to cover without a concerted effort to do so at the end.

jimmythegreek

They played defense for 4 plays, it was enough lol.
Oklahoma could've hung 60 on them, at the risk of not sounding foolish. Was only a matter of time before Billy had another gripe on me, not even a full week into a complete slate. Not to mention the game wound up being played in Norman.

As for your point spread inquiry, I'd probably say Tulane -19 or 20.

jimmythegreek

Kentucky coaching staff sure ran a fishy final series leading to a score. Get the ball up 28 with 4 minutes left and you have a strong ground game, that's a formula for an almost certain run out the clock with runs drive. Instead they are out passing and get a covering TD with a minute left after making a couple of big pass plays. So yeah their defense played well but they weren't going to cover without a concerted effort to do so at the end.
Cover or not, they had their second unit in there. Sure they could've ran the clock down, and the fix was probably in, but a team that for years that depended on their running game, at least got the second unit reps where they didn't at the very least lie down in the final 5:00 amping up the passing game . Oklahoma scored a mere fg in the second half and nearly lost outright.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I have to bite my tongue and not call this a foolish post so JK is happy. Jimmy, what do you think the line would be if Tulane played ULM?

I appreciate the kinder, gentler WildBill.

We need a name change now to TameBill.