LaMarcus Aldridge Retires

Heim

EOG Master
Very abrupt....irregular heart beat. Big scare after scoring 12 versus Lakers Saturday night.

Props for not pushing it. Guy is a HOF player.

He was money from the left block, especially in the playoffs.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Great size with an ability to post up in the post or flick the wrist with a fadeaway from 10-15 feet.

Aldridge experienced some shortness of breath in his rookie season 14 years ago.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Prior to the 2011 NBA season, the Portland Trailblazers started an advertising campaign titled "Rise With Us."

The marketing blitz featured three rising NBA stars: Brandon Roy, Greg Oden and LaMarcus Aldridge.

Due to devastating injuries, the Blazers hit on only one of the three stars.

Big blow for Nets, his size would have been a asset in the playoffs.

Let's be specific, they got him to try to slow down Embiid and that's it. But the way Drummond had his way with him in his last game made it pretty clear he was of little use in the playoffs.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Let's be specific, they got him to try to slow down Embiid and that's it. But the way Drummond had his way with him in his last game made it pretty clear he was of little use in the playoffs.

This.

Heim, I'm your stalker and I wouldn't lie to you. You're better off.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
And he's gone.

The Spurs rarely pay for free agents but they paid for Aldridge.

They're contending for the Playoffs and they paid to get rid of him, if that's what you mean. No slight on him, he's a good player but all the 3 Amigos added was a good player , they didn't fill their specific needs.

Heim

EOG Master
Aldridge, good or bad, as Hubie Brown used to say; you can't coach height.

Size is size.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Aldridge, good or bad, as Hubie Brown used to say; you can't coach height.

Size is size.

I could be wrong about his impact, we'll never know but you know I was petrified of the 3 Amigos adding The Big Penguin (AD2), in fact, I believe I asked you to hold me and tell me everything would be alright if that happened. I would like to think that you would have.

Heim

EOG Master
I could be wrong about his impact, we'll never know but you know I was petrified of the 3 Amigos adding The Big Penguin (AD2), in fact, I believe I asked you to hold me and tell me everything would be alright if that happened. I would like to think that you would have.

Nash in a recent post-game conference didn't sound too confident he would even have all three amigos together
come playoff time. Besides defense, familiarity is a big problem for this team, naturally issues not built
in to their current short price.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
They're contending for the Playoffs and they paid to get rid of him, if that's what you mean. No slight on him, he's a good player but all the 3 Amigos added was a good player , they didn't fill their specific needs.

The Spurs paid for Aldridge to join the San Antonio Big 3 (Duncan, Ginobili and Parker) and Kawhi Leonard.

Four years, $80 million in 2015.

Aldridge was going to team with Kawhi and lead the Spurs in the post-Duncan era.

Never really materialized.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
The best the Spurs will end up is in a 7-10 play in elimination and even New Orleans is lurking 2 games behind in the 11th spot. Hopefully the draft will be good to them as they continue to add youth to the rebuild.