LBJ's high ankle sprain

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Not ideal and I want Kid Dyn-O-Mite to show out while LBJ is out. Our nucleus is solid and we still have the Kings Hand and LeCarusso, et al.

I wanted as many games as possible to gel w/ the new pieces but it is what it is.

Heim

EOG Master
LeBron's greatest attribute in the end may be his stamina, endurance, longevity, etc.

If it's not LeBron, someone in his orbit deserves credit for the serious focus on health and fitness.

Add playing with a hairpiece as a attribute only known to a few except Agassi.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The Lakers team without AD and LeBrick wouldn't be competitive in the G league.

I remember you. Haven't you been embarrassed enough already?

JK, does EOG have a Therapist on staff to help the "Little O" w/ his masochistic tendencies?

Please advise. Thank you.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ankle sprains are classified as either high ankle sprains or low ankle sprains. The difference between a high and low ankle sprain is determined by which ligaments are damaged during the injury.

A high ankle injury is characterized by damage to the syndesmosis — a fibrous joint connecting the tibia and fibula in the lower leg. High ankle sprains are typically the result of rapid external rotation. In other words, the front of the foot must be forced suddenly towards the shin to produce this kind of injury. Conversely, low ankle sprains are caused by inversion. During an inversion sprain, the ankle “rolls” inward, forcing the sole of the foot to rise and face the other leg. The majority of ankle sprains are low ankle inversion sprains. High ankle sprains often involve less bruising and swelling than lower ankle sprains, however, higher ankle sprains will normally take longer to heal.

Source: webmd.com

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I turned an ankle playing basketball a few years ago and realized my high-tops served as a kind of cast to somewhat cause the injury.

I've been wearing low-tops ever since.

Thankfully, I don't move very fast so injuries are rare.

One other note: As I get older, I've lost the ability to stop on a dime, not that I ever really had that skill.

But when I get moving in one direction at a high rate of speed (for me), it now takes a while for me to slow down.

No brakes anymore.

Hehe.

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I turned an ankle playing basketball a few years ago and realized my high-tops served as a kind of cast to somewhat cause the injury.

One other note: As I get older, I've lost the ability to stop on a dime, not that I ever had that skill.

But when I get moving in one direction at a high rate of speed (for me), it takes a while for me to slow down.

No brakes anymore.

Hehe.

Those courts in Sabana Park are not conducive to falling players on the court...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Those courts in Sabana Park are not conducive to falling players on the court...

You can say that again, VD.

And the asphalt beats up the cheap sneakers sold in Costa Rica.

China ships its first-string products to North America and those first-string products are subpar.

Central America receives China's second and third-string merchandise.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

One other note: As I get older, I've lost the ability to stop on a dime, not that I ever really had that skill.

But when I get moving in one direction at a high rate of speed (for me), it now takes a while for me to slow down.

No brakes anymore.

Hehe.

Six years ago playing hoops I came down on the edge of a driveway and rolled my ankle. I played high school and a lil collegiately and never had an injury and I roll one in a drive way. To this day when I officiate it bugs me at times. Orthopedic doc said I’d been better off with a fracture, sprains especially at my age, sometimes they never fully heal.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I believe Lakers now a pk versus Rockets on neutral 😂

I had no idea they were in the midst of a 20-game losing streak when you wrote this, I just thought you were talking about rosters being gutted. Not surprised, you can't trade Harden and basically get nothing for him, it just didn't make any sense, which I said as much at the time. They absolutely should have traded him, he was a Cance there but you need to get as fair of a return as you can.