Lonzo Ball's NBA debut

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Three points, four assists and nine rebounds in a 108-92 home loss to the Clippers, their Staples Center co-tenant.

At Wynn Las Vegas, the Clips opened a 5-point favorite and closed a 6.5-point choice.

Next meeting is set for November 27.

IssaJet

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Lonzo Ball's NBA debut

So close to having his first single double! If only he'd grabbed one more uncontested defensive rebound.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I think HEIM and VALUIST are right in their assessments of Lonzo Ball.

Lonzo is injury-prone and he will be targeted by opponents, a troublesome combination.

IssaJet

EOG Enthusiast

I think HEIM and VALUIST are right in their assessments of Lonzo Ball.

Lonzo is injury-prone and he will be targeted by opponents, a troublesome combination.

The downside risk with Lonzo is high. I'm not sure I see the upside to justify it. Just, a lot of what he does well requires defenders to not be prepared for it. It's a lot easier to throw full length passes against hapless college teams and summer league losers than it is in crunch time in the NBA. Shutting down Ball at this point in time is a function of keying in. Which NBA teams do with varying levels of success depending on the situation and their level of interest.

railbird

EOG Master

the 2 homosexuals pelinka and magic Johnson picking up grossly overrated Brandon ingram was a huge mistake, rick isaacs told me that 3 months ago and he was correct, 3 for 15 tonight for ingram. Duke players never translate to next level.

rjt721

EOG Master

the 2 homosexuals pelinka and magic Johnson picking up grossly overrated Brandon ingram was a huge mistake, rick isaacs told me that 3 months ago and he was correct, 3 for 15 tonight for ingram. Duke players never translate to next level.

Neither Pelinka nor Magic were employed by LAL when the team drafted Ingram.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Three points, four assists and nine rebounds in a 108-92 home loss to the Clippers, their Staples Center co-tenant.

At Wynn Las Vegas, the Clips opened a 5-point favorite and closed a 6.5-point choice.

Next meeting is set for November 27.
The 4-5 games that you know the clippers will bring it will be against Big Brother.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT THE KID IS TO WHITE :LMAOHE IS AN UGLY BASTARD HOW DO YOU MARKET A HOMELY WHITE GUY THAT THINKS HE IS BLACK THE LAST TIME WE DID THIS IT WAS LARRY BIRD.WE ALL KNOW BASKETBALL IS A BLACK SPORT.HE WONT BE SELLING TO MANY SNEAKERS IF HE SUCKS THIS BAD

BLACK GUYS CAN MAKE A LOT OF MONEY ENDORSING PRODUCTS SHAQ,MICHAEL JORDAN,KOBE BRYANT,BUT WHAT DO YOU DO WITH LONZO BALL AN UGLY WHITE GUY THAT SUCKS AT BASKETBALL THERE ISNT ANY MARKET FOR THIS HONKY.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SAID THIS LONZO BALL MUST LOOK IN THE MIRROR EVERY MORNING AND SAY WHY COULDNT I HAVE BEEN BORN BLACK THIS SUCKS BEING WHITE :LMAO

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Patrick Beverly made it his personel mission to make Ball's debut as tough as possible. I'm surprised he didn't try to guard him when the Clippers were on offense. Look for teams who have a "stopper" to try to lock up Ball on all 94 feet of the court.

I feel bad for the kid. He seems to be level headed and a hard worker while his dad makes such outrageous statements to get views and clicks (like on his TV show claiming that if he played Michael Jordan RIGHT NOW he would tear him up while when playing a pick up game against his sons he wasn't able to score, jump off the floor, or defend anyone).

Valuist

EOG Master

Feeling very good about my Lakers Under season win total. Due to the dad's big mouth, every game vs the Lakers will be circled. A crappy team with a target on its back.

MrTop

EOG Master

Feeling very good about my Lakers Under season win total. Due to the dad's big mouth, every game vs the Lakers will be circled. A crappy team with a target on its back.

a target for sure. Kid has a mountain to climb cause of pop.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

One thing that I took away from the Beverly rough play vs Ball is that Ball is a passive player. Someone intentionally pushes you over and he didn't defend himself or get up in Patrick's face in a "bring it mutha fucker".

I wonder how long into the season before he takes a stand or gets into a pushing match against someone trying to get under his skin? If it doesn't happen the league's "enforcers" (which now is like wet napkins compared to the real days of the enforcers) are going to eat him alive.

Valuist

EOG Master

It was a nice 2nd game, but before we get too excited, Phoenix is dreadfully bad. Has anyone ever seen an NBA team lose by 48 points opening night? I can't recall ever seeing that.

MrTop

EOG Master

The Lonz will go down as one of the best shooters of all time....

.538 FT %
.299 FG %
.234 3P %

When game is close and Lonzo has the ball just foul him.. ....another shack at the line....lonzo has nothing on calvin murphy at the line

Balls father isn't his biggest problem, it's his shooting release. It's inconsistent and easy to guard against.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The Lonz will go down as one of the best shooters of all time....

.538 FT %
.299 FG %
.234 3P %

When game is close and Lonzo has the ball just foul him.. ....another shack at the line....lonzo has nothing on calvin murphy at the line

Troubling numbers.

Where's the shot doctor?

Dell Dude

EOG Master

This was an easy call. Magic Johnson is dumber than an afro jockstrap. The Fakers are now the Clippers except worse and worse. Being a bust and losing will be a footnote to how bad this will get.

MrTop

EOG Master

I remember heim noticed it a while back in his notes..... I have been following it .... this lonzo is young and quick.... but like JK says.... " hold that phone "

lonzo cannot shoot

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Add Ball to the long list of point guards who cannot shoot well.

List includes Jason Kidd and Rajon Rondo.

kane

EOG master

Lonzo Rubio has the lowest FG% in the NBA. On behalf of Celtics fans everywhere, I would like to personally thank Magic for not taking Jayson Tatum

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Ah yes, Ricky Rubio is another who cannot shoot.

And with Golden State's backcourt serving as the gold standard, it's a bad time in the NBA to be a poor shooter.

MrTop

EOG Master

jason kidd 83% at the line .......cannot pull a shak attack on him

lonzo ....very early i admit.... but 53% ????.....here come the shack attack

sell sell sell

cheapseats

EOG Master

Looking very pedestrian against his so-called peers with Golden State..............................

kane

EOG master
Last year Lonzo Rubio shot 36% from the field, 30% from three, and 45% from the line
This year Lonzo Rubio is shooting 38% from the field, 30% from three, and 56% from the line

I see the kid really worked hard on his shot, LMAO

kane

EOG master

The huge mistake was drafting a guard that can't shoot

Heim

EOG Master
Phoenix wants him however don't think Lakers are willing to give him up with Rondo suffering a recent setback and doubt they trust Hart to run the show. Magic was the only one in the organization who wanted him number 2. It's funny he's defense has gotten better but that's not why the Lakers drafted him. I saw Monte Morris the other night in Denver and he has more offensive game than Lonzo and he went late in the 2nd round. Fultz #1.....Lonzo #2. Great scouting.

I have not followed closely, but I have read he is statistically the best defensive point guard in the league this year

And Kuz at 27, or whatever, was the best pick of the draft... so really the lakers had a great draft.

kane

EOG master
I have not followed closely, but I have read he is statistically the best defensive point guard in the league this year

And Kuz at 27, or whatever, was the best pick of the draft... so really the lakers had a great draft.

Lonzo could make first team all NBA defense, and considering where he was picked he would still be a huge disappointment to this point, and If you mean going strictly by value, then yeah Kuzma at 27 was the best pick, not the best player, but the best pick

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Another steal in the 2017 NBA Draft: Donovan Mitchell to the Nuggets (later traded to the Jazz) with the 13th selection.

Only Jayson Tatum at #3 would be ahead of Mitchell if they re-did the 2017 NBA Draft.

kane

EOG master
A year and a half into his pro career, Lonzo is shooting 38% from the field, 31% from three, and an almost impossible 43% from the FT line. I wonder why we haven't heard anything from his loud mouth daddy? I guess when your kid can't shoot, you keep your mouth shut.

MrTop

EOG Master
A year and a half into his pro career, Lonzo is shooting 38% from the field, 31% from three, and an almost impossible 43% from the FT line. I wonder why we haven't heard anything from his loud mouth daddy? I guess when your kid can't shoot, you keep your mouth shut.

the lakers told pop to be quiet. It was hurting his game. Playing much better. Just getting warmed up. IMO probably could get a solid low ranking 3rd round pick or "D" league starter right now in a trade.

;)