Miami -8 1/2? Seems like a good spot to bet the Heat

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Portland coming off a back-to-back with the Magic, and the Heat really need this game. If Miami loses this game, they are in big trouble to hang on to the 3 seed. Aldridge should cause problems for Bosh, but the Heat should win this game by 12-15 IMO.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Miami -8 1/2? Seems like a good spot to bet the Heat

Yeah, bud. I love the play. I'm sure they want to make a statement after the Bulls loss.

I'm thinking blowout... 20 or more points.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, bud. I love the play. I'm sure they want to make a statement after the Bulls loss.

I'm thinking blowout... 20 or more points.
Yeah, probably my only play tonight. I think they should handle Portland as they don't cause great match up problems for the Heat.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Why do they need the game, are they in danger of missing the playoffs?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

There is that "need" factor again.....the only game that you really need is the one that says you are one game from elimination...

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Gotta love the "need" factor.

I count 11 threads on the front page of Eye on Miami. A lot of bumping to do if they win the title.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

OK, I'll stick to my angles and you stick to yours. Pretty simple really. Didn't see anyone in my other NBA play threads the past month talking down on those spots because they won. Easy to talk down on a spot that loses.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Wasn't really a reply to you, TH, more to Viejo. All the Miami talk lately putting me on tilt.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Wasn't really a reply to you, TH, more to Viejo. All the Miami talk lately putting me on tilt.
I hate it as much as you, and that's why I usually keep my replies in one thread regarding them. All the threads created about them is simply obnoxious, but I did create a trivia thread :(. More so because I was shocked at the answer, but I still added to the problem. This was just a play thread and I liked them here. Clearly they aren't playing together right now.

rainbow

EOG Master

Gotta love the "need" factor.

I count 11 threads on the front page of Eye on Miami. A lot of bumping to do if they win the title.

I won't be bumping no threads regardless if they get in or not, I just know from my experience that they will be more than -130 over the Bulls on the road if thats what happens... thats NEVER been my specialty throwing threads in peoples face, the only old threads I've bumped were one's that I thought were good............

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Flamingo Kid is the king of bumping old threads and Timely/HT aren't shy about it either. Rest assured come this summer, there will be some Miami Heat threads being bumped up to the top.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Why do they need the game, are they in danger of missing the playoffs?

Dude, when a team is crying after losing to the Bulls... they need a win. But I learned my lesson with these idiots... Lakers are next for them. I'll be enjoying that one.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Flamingo Kid is the king of bumping old threads and Timely/HT aren't shy about it either. Rest assured come this summer, there will be some Miami Heat threads being bumped up to the top.
Show me a time where I bumped an old thread that wasn't about a specific player (my Derrick Rose thread etc) and I'll agree with you. I don't need to bump anything - my thoughts have been expressed on the issue since they joined forces in Miami.

Rainbow still doesn't get it and he never will because he must not actually read the posts. I never said they wouldn't be favorites, I said they wouldn't win and that's a bad number for the actual outcome. Pretty simple really. I don't need to bump a thread to remind someone that I was correct.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

It's going to get bad come Summer time. :LMAO

rainbow

EOG Master

Show me a time where I bumped an old thread that wasn't about a specific player (my Derrick Rose thread etc) and I'll agree with you. I don't need to bump anything - my thoughts have been expressed on the issue since they joined forces in Miami.

Rainbow still doesn't get it and he never will because he must not actually read the posts. I never said they wouldn't be favorites, I said they wouldn't win and that's a bad number for the actual outcome. Pretty simple really. I don't need to bump a thread to remind someone that I was correct.
My whole point was I think the Heat is a better team, nothing more nothing less... and I don't bump threads to throw in peoples face like several been thrown in my face... I use to screw around with Lights out Braves threads and bump them, but it was all a joke....

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

My whole point was I think the Heat is a better team, nothing more nothing less... and I don't bump threads to throw in peoples face like several been thrown in my face... I use to screw around with Lights out Braves threads and bump them, but it was all a joke....
Yeah and I asked for logical reasoning behind your opinion and you started discussing how Horace Grant wasn't good. It made no sense - whatever, we move on. I guess you think the Heat aren't playing Bron, Wade and Bosh now because you say that's why you like them. Nah well.

rainbow

EOG Master

Yeah and I asked for logical reasoning behind your opinion and you started discussing how Horace Grant wasn't good. It made no sense - whatever, we move on. I guess you think the Heat aren't playing Bron, Wade and Bosh now because you say that's why you like them. Nah well.
Ok, What is your reason why you AGREED with me that the Heat will be the favorite? I know the answer, not only are they are a better team they are also a PUBLIC team.... now whats you reason for AGREEING with me on this? I can't wait for this ANSWER...LOL...

rainbow

EOG Master

Right here again you admit they will be favorite... according to you they should have made the Lakers a dog in the finals last year...LOL...

rainbow

EOG Master

Timely, put this in your THICK skull head they make teams favorites for a reason, A LOT of times they make BAD lines, but over all you are not STEALING nothing making a wager because you think the line is BACKWARDS, if that was the case BOOKS would all be BROKE if it was as EASY as you think...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Timely, put this in your THICK skull head they make teams favorites for a reason, A LOT of times they make BAD lines, but over all you are not STEALING nothing making a wager because you think the line is BACKWARDS, if that was the case BOOKS would all be BROKE if it was as EASY as you think...
Rainbow, I have already given you 10+ reason why the Bulls are the better team but Miami is a perceived mega-power and perception is reality as a bookie. What is wrong with you? I think the books are way off and I think you're an idiot for thinking that Miami is better than the Bulls - especially in the playoffs. One more time for you, and then I'm done. I swear you don't read the posts.

1. Heat are horrible in 1/2 court offense (last in the NBA I believe)
2. Heat are in the bottom 3 of rebounding
3. Heat are in the bottom 3 of points in the paint
4. Heat are at the bottom in bench points.

Those are 4 of the most important indicators for basketball and the Heat are near the bottom in every one. Something they excel at is beating bad teams, and fast break points but neither of those will be happening in the playoffs.

Bulls are:

1. #1 in rebounding
2. #1 in points per 100 possessions allowed defensively
3. Top 3 in bench points and possibly the best bench in the NBA

The Bulls also struggle in the 1/2 court statistically but they excel on the offensive glass (another place the Heat suck) which helps their less than stellar offensive #'s.

You were unable to refute any of my facts and I'll drop one more piece of knowledge on you, MR linesmaker. No team in NBA history has won the championship when they were at the bottom of the league in bench points and/OR points in the paint. You're the one that's willing to bet against history, not I. You were unable to bring in any solid reasoning for the Heat being the favorite outside of "that's what the line is" and frankly that's not a very solid basketball reason and they have 3 top players but they have those players now.

I'm done going back and forth with you because you don't read my posts anyway. See ya.

The Celtics excel in every single category and are the favorites in the East. The Heat are a favorite to win the title still at some books Rainbow, and I bet you think that's valid too.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Dude, when a team is crying after losing to the Bulls... they need a win. But I learned my lesson with these idiots... Lakers are next for them. I'll be enjoying that one.

Incorrect. They WANT a win, but don't NEED a win. Big difference.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Just another of my pet peeves in sports journalism and wasn't directed at TH.....gamblers and sports writers always bring up the need to win angle....

rainbow

EOG Master

Rainbow, I have already given you 10+ reason why the Bulls are the better team but Miami is a perceived mega-power and perception is reality as a bookie. What is wrong with you? I think the books are way off and I think you're an idiot for thinking that Miami is better than the Bulls - especially in the playoffs. One more time for you, and then I'm done. I swear you don't read the posts.

1. Heat are horrible in 1/2 court offense (last in the NBA I believe)
2. Heat are in the bottom 3 of rebounding
3. Heat are in the bottom 3 of points in the paint
4. Heat are at the bottom in bench points.

Those are 4 of the most important indicators for basketball and the Heat are near the bottom in every one. Something they excel at is beating bad teams, and fast break points but neither of those will be happening in the playoffs.

Bulls are:

1. #1 in rebounding
2. #1 in points per 100 possessions allowed defensively
3. Top 3 in bench points and possibly the best bench in the NBA

The Bulls also struggle in the 1/2 court statistically but they excel on the offensive glass (another place the Heat suck) which helps their less than stellar offensive #'s.

You were unable to refute any of my facts and I'll drop one more piece of knowledge on you, MR linesmaker. No team in NBA history has won the championship when they were at the bottom of the league in bench points and/OR points in the paint. You're the one that's willing to bet against history, not I. You were unable to bring in any solid reasoning for the Heat being the favorite outside of "that's what the line is" and frankly that's not a very solid basketball reason and they have 3 top players but they have those players now.

I'm done going back and forth with you because you don't read my posts anyway. See ya.

The Celtics excel in every single category and are the favorites in the East. The Heat are a favorite to win the title still at some books Rainbow, and I bet you think that's valid too.

So thats how they make series prices? reading this post I'm surprized the Heat are even in the playoffs... well you make no sense for your explanation that you also know that the Heat will be the favorite, reading this post the Bulls should be atleast -200, don't worry the Heat will be ready come playoff time, you will be scratching your head and saying to yourself, Rainbow told me the Heat was A LOT better team... thats when you will realize how much you really know about basketball... and yes I'm done with you, its a WASTE of my time argueing with someone stubborn as you... The Celtics and Heat are both way above the Heat... don't even put the Bulls in the same sentence with the Heat or the Celtics... to be honest with you, I think the Lakers are the best team in the NBA, and believe it or not I like Dallas for a longshot... just remember this last quote, whenever the playoffs get here the Heat will step on the gas, and if they happen to meet the Bulls, they won't know what hit em... what you don't understand about the Heat they can run whenever they want, but why use the energy now? GL on your Bulls...LOL...

need, as in...for a confidence boost. To get going in a positive direction.To start a winning streak after all the losses in a row. To get rolling heading into the playoffs.

Pretty sure "need" isn't meant to be taken literally.

Miami isn't winning shit this year or next year with this roster.
Worst bench by a mile in the league.
Bosh is a woman.
Inside players are horrific.
End of game play is comically bad.
They are guaranteed to have a worse record than the Cavs did last year.

Some dream team this isn't.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

So thats how they make series prices? reading this post I'm surprized the Heat are even in the playoffs... well you make no sense for your explanation that you also know that the Heat will be the favorite, reading this post the Bulls should be atleast -200, don't worry the Heat will be ready come playoff time, you will be scratching your head and saying to yourself, Rainbow told me the Heat was A LOT better team... thats when you will realize how much you really know about basketball... and yes I'm done with you, its a WASTE of my time argueing with someone stubborn as you... The Celtics and Heat are both way above the Heat... don't even put the Bulls in the same sentence with the Heat or the Celtics... to be honest with you, I think the Lakers are the best team in the NBA, and believe it or not I like Dallas for a longshot... just remember this last quote, whenever the playoffs get here the Heat will step on the gas, and if they happen to meet the Bulls, they won't know what hit em... what you don't understand about the Heat they can run whenever they want, but why use the energy now? GL on your Bulls...LOL...

Stubborn, I use statistics and facts to back up my argument, and Rainbow uses I know more than you about basketball to back his side up. They can run whenever they want? Rainbow, what are you talking about? Do you watching NBA playoff basketball. You have made some of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen on this topic and you've yet to provide one valid argument for why the Heat are better. You're an embarrassment and if you think the Heat are A LOT better than the Bulls than you're a fucking idiot. End of story.

rainbow

EOG Master

Stubborn, I use statistics and facts to back up my argument, and Rainbow uses I know more than you about basketball to back his side up. They can run whenever they want? Rainbow, what are you talking about? Do you watching NBA playoff basketball. You have made some of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen on this topic and you've yet to provide one valid argument for why the Heat are better. You're an embarrassment and if you think the Heat are A LOT better than the Bulls than you're a fucking idiot. End of story.
You are the IDIOT, you have all these STATS, but you still make the Heat the favorite... thats a pretty BOLD statement if you ask me....... NBA is a long season you seen that last year when so many wrote the Lakers off, Jackson knew exactly what he was doing last year... they were just resting till the playoffs.... the Heat are hands downs the best team out the two, I don't go by season games like you go by... I go by when the chips are down, and thats the playoffs...... I'm through with you, I thought I was about 10 posts ago...LOL...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You are the IDIOT, you have all these STATS, but you still make the Heat the favorite... thats a pretty BOLD statement if you ask me....... NBA is a long season you seen that last year when so many wrote the Lakers off, Jackson knew exactly what he was doing last year... they were just resting till the playoffs.... the Heat are hands downs the best team out the two, I don't go by season games like you go by... I go by when the chips are down, and thats the playoffs...... I'm through with you, I thought I was about 10 posts ago...LOL...
I never said I'd make them favorites, but I understand how a market works and the Heat are still betting favorites because people are infatuated with their talent and not their results. Just because a # is set somewhere does not make it a solid number - you said it yourself dumb fuck that a bookmakers job is to get equal action on both sides.

I never wrote the Lakers off as they have size and are built for the playoffs - maybe you did because you don't quite understand basketball.

The Heat have never played in the playoffs so how can you go by their playoff results? You can do that with the Lakers because they've proven it, but the Heat haven't proven shit. You are as square as it gets on this topic.

You think the Heat are resting? jajajaja, what a fucking idiot.

I feel like I'm arguing with a 3 year old. I provide facts, and a statistical analysis of why I feel the way I do, and Rainbow acts like a 5 year old and just says "NO, you're not right but I have no reason for why you aren't right." They just aren't trying is one of the funnier things I've ever heard though - motherfuckers are crying in their locker room bu they aren't trying to win.

I bet you guys were all over the Lakers when they added Payton and Malone. jaja

rainbow

EOG Master

I never said I'd make them favorites, but I understand how a market works and the Heat are still betting favorites because people are infatuated with their talent and not their results. Just because a # is set somewhere does not make it a solid number - you said it yourself dumb fuck that a bookmakers job is to get equal action on both sides.

I never wrote the Lakers off as they have size and are built for the playoffs - maybe you did because you don't quite understand basketball.

The Heat have never played in the playoffs so how can you go by their playoff results? You can do that with the Lakers because they've proven it, but the Heat haven't proven shit. You are as square as it gets on this topic.

I feel like I'm arguing with a 3 year old. I provide facts, and a statistical analysis of why I feel the way I do, and Rainbow acts like a 5 year old and just says "NO, you're not right but I have no reason for why you aren't right." They just aren't trying is one of the funnier things I've ever heard though - motherfuckers are crying in their locker room bu they aren't trying to win.

You right again, they only WON a championship with Wade and Shaq... Where were you at when that took place? in DETOX?

rainbow

EOG Master

[/QUOTE]
This is your QUOTE.... Do you really watch NBA games? have NEVER played in the PLAYOFFS.......... I have to go, you aRE defintely A moron........... thats knows absolutely nothing, PURE SPECULATION...........

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You right again, they only WON a championship with Wade and Shaq... Where were you at when that took place? in DETOX?
Is this a series post? Please come back and say you were joking, please.... The Bulls won a title too - 6 of them in 8 years. :yayCan I bring that up?

The Heat have 1 member from that team on this team, Wade, and you use it to say this Heat team has performed and won in the playoffs before. Rainbow, you truly amaze me with your stupidity. This was another situation where you thought you were making a valid point, but in reality you were making an ass out of yourself.

I guess this Heat team has been to the playoffs and proven themselves because Wade won a ring once. :LMAO

Good thing the Bulls picked up Kurt Thomas - that guy is a champion and he's been to the Finals a bunch so I guess we're Finals bound according to Rainbows reasoning.

High Times

EOG Master

He and IrishTim are squares when it comes to this Heat team.

The Heat has no shot at winning a title and it's because they are NOT close to being able to beat the top 6 or 7 teams in this league.

It's amazing anybody thinks this is a Championship team.

They have NO BENCH and have NO TOUGH big men. And in the playoffs those things are huge!

How the fuck is that going to change?

These guys are hero worshippers. Way too obvious.

Watch much ESPN guys? Wade, Bosh, and Lebron oh my... Wade, Bosh, and LeBron oh my!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Holy shit I can't get over the fact that Rainbow is making this team the favorites because the Heat, who have 1 member from that team still remaining on their roster, won a title in 2006. :LMAO

rainbow

EOG Master

Is this a series post? Please come back and say you were joking, please.... The Bulls won a title too - 6 of them in 8 years. :yayCan I bring that up?

The Heat have 1 member from that team on this team, Wade, and you use it to say this Heat team has performed and won in the playoffs before. Rainbow, you truly amaze me with your stupidity. This was another situation where you thought you were making a valid point, but in reality you were making an ass out of yourself.

I guess this Heat team has been to the playoffs and proven themselves because Wade won a ring once. :LMAO

Good thing the Bulls picked up Kurt Thomas - that guy is a champion and he's been to the Finals a bunch so I guess we're Finals bound according to Rainbows reasoning.
I thought at first you were joking, but you really are IGNORANT on this subject.... I have to admit you do know how to COVER up things when you are wrong.............. that I'm 100% possitive of...

rainbow

EOG Master

He and IrishTim are squares when it comes to this Heat team.

The Heat has no shot at winning a title and it's because they are NOT close to being able to beat the top 6 or 7 teams in this league.

It's amazing anybody thinks this is a Championship team.

They have NO BENCH and have NO TOUGH big men. And in the playoffs those things are huge!

How the fuck is that going to change?

These guys are hero worshippers. Way too obvious.

Watch much ESPN guys? Wade, Bosh, and Lebron oh my... Wade, Bosh, and LeBron oh my!
I NEVER said nothing about them winning a title, I like the Lakers to go all the way, and Dallas for a LONGSHOT....my whole point in this thread is that the Heat is A LOT better team than the BULLS PERIOD....

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I NEVER said nothing about them winning a title, I like the Lakers to go all the way, and Dallas for a LONGSHOT....my whole point in this thread is that the Heat is A LOT better team than the BULLS PERIOD....
You actually said they're better than the Celtics as well. Our point is that you thinking they're a lot better is fucking retarded. Pretty simple really.

Oh, and you saying the Heat have been in the playoffs before and pointing to their title in '06 was one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

rainbow

EOG Master

Holy shit I can't get over the fact that Rainbow is making this team the favorites because the Heat, who have 1 member from that team still remaining on their roster, won a title in 2006. :LMAO
Thats not my reason, you forgot that they have Lebron, and Bosh... you are the one that said the Heat haven't been to the playoffs, and before that they went to a many when they had Mourning, of course that was before your time...LOL...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I thought at first you were joking, but you really are IGNORANT on this subject.... I have to admit you do know how to COVER up things when you are wrong.............. that I'm 100% possitive of...
Joking? Rainbow you said this Heat team has been to the playoffs before, and you said they have won a title with Wade and Shaq. They have 1 member remaining from that team. Do you not understand truly how retarded that comment was? What is wrong with you? Are you really this dumb?

You're reasoning for the Heat being playoff proven was a game that occurred 5 years ago.

rainbow

EOG Master

You actually said they're better than the Celtics as well. Our point is that you thinking they're a lot better is fucking retarded. Pretty simple really.

Oh, and you saying the Heat have been in the playoffs before and pointing to their title in '06 was one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.
If they were at home they would be 2.5-1 over the Bulls... I think the Heat are better than the Celtics but its REAL close........