Michael Avenatti & College Sports

Heim

EOG Master
Reached an all-time low yesterday when it was revealed he devised a way to extort money from Nike. The centerpiece was client
Gary Franklin Sr, the big time AAU coach in SoCal who has coached most of Arizona's roster including Ayton. The ironic part is
Franklin has been paid by shoe companies to funnel players to schools but here he was asking for 1.5 million from Nike to spill
the beans on them. Nonetheless, when you have a sleaze ball lawyer seeing an easy avenue to make money with the current system
it's time to change the system. And these stupid indictments to bagmen ain't going to change anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Avenatti was arrested 15 minutes after he proclaimed on Twitter that he was going to hold a "spill the beans" press conference the following day.

#NotCoincidental

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Football is just as dirty a business as basketball. Maybe even more. 4 & 5 star players are commanding and receiving six figures for their services and getting paid. The SEC is as dirty as they come.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Football is just as dirty a business as basketball. Maybe even more. 4 & 5 star players are commanding and receiving six figures for their services and getting paid. The SEC is as dirty as they come.
Yes, the college recruiting business is crooked as hell, That doesn't mean that Avenatti has the right to use extortion against them however.

Heim

EOG Master
I've met many sociopaths in the legal profession but to dip into the client trust account while
renting a house in Newport Beach for 100k a month takes the cake.

Bushay

NHL Expert
This story just blows my mind. The guy was on CNN and all the other major new programs and had the entire country on baited breathe with Stormy Danials as his client for a few months every single night it seemed. One of the most talked about guys in the country. The type of fame most lawyers I would imagine would kill for all that exposure and ends up in a story like this? He talked about running for President of the United States for crying out loud. Though that was nothing but a pipe dream. How does anyone fuck up their life this bad? Though to be fair, like the Mueller report, no one has all the facts yet either.

mr merlin

EOG Master
This story just blows my mind. The guy was on CNN and all the other major new programs and had the entire country on baited breathe with Stormy Danials as his client for a few months every single night it seemed. One of the most talked about guys in the country. The type of fame most lawyers I would imagine would kill for all that exposure and ends up in a story like this? He talked about running for President of the United States for crying out loud. Though that was nothing but a pipe dream. How does anyone fuck up their life this bad? Though to be fair, like the Mueller report, no one has all the facts yet either.
It's called greed.