Mike Francessa retiring from WFAN sports radio again

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
The reason he came back was because Chris Carlin was such a dumpster fire, Kay was starting to beat them in the ratings.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Station is rough now

The mid day show with Bart Scott, Maggie Gray and Carlin was a train wreck. Now its Maggie Gray and another guy who has been there a while and isn't bad , but he's more of an overnight type of guy. Maggie Gray is holiday fill in type. not good.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
!0 years too late. Hopefully for good this time, but the Funhouse Twitter was great at exposing his hypocrisy, lies, and inability to ever admit he was wrong about anything. Reminds me of many posters here. Wouldn't be surprised if he winds up on CNBC or Fox Business. That's where his real passion is now.
John Jastremski is the Future at WFAN, and he LOVES Sports betting.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
!0 years too late. Hopefully for good this time, but the Funhouse Twitter was great at exposing his hypocrisy, lies, and inability to ever admit he was wrong about anything. Reminds me of many posters here. Wouldn't be surprised if he winds up on CNBC or Fox Business. That's where his real passion is now.
John Jastremski is the Future at WFAN, and he LOVES Sports betting.
"Exposing"?? No shit lol. Half his fans like me know all of this, thats what makes him so hilarious. He is an entertainer. Unintentionally hilarious. Try and take everything even more seriously i dare you to try.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
His sports app for $8.99 a month was supposed to be, according to him, the biggest think ever, lol. Kay was crushing him in the ratings. Goodnight.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
He had worn out his usefulness. Was only hanging around to enhance his outside income. If radio had one, he’d have been accused of violating radio’s Emoluments Clause.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Musburger made him a nice offer to join VSIN, he turned it down. He had no other offers so begged to come back to the WFAN. They welcomed him back because that time slot was getting murdered. Bart Scott didn't know anything other than football, and didn't know how to interview guests. Carlin was a shit show. Maggie wasn't that bad. The Fan has people doing the overnights that should be doing mid day radio.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Jastremski needs to be moved to daytime. The only thing is, he wants no part of a three man team. I hope they accommodate his wishes.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
JJ is solid.Forget the rest
WFAN seems to be into the team thing for Daytime, and JJ teaming with Chris Moore(who is great in his own right) was some of the best radio on there for awhile, a few weeks ago. Would love to see them get a regular shift.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Did you guys like Carton? Most can't stand him. Him and Boomer had monster ratings though. I got a kick out of him for most part.if he writes a book about his gambling i would prob read it.
When he was awaiting trial i saw him waiting for his car at mechanic not far from his house. I said hi, he was talkative.asked if i was giving his new show a shot (some podcast type thing he was doing), said he would be back on wfan eventually.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
I didn't mind Carton, he was a comical distraction to the normal 24/7 sports talk. He had his own show after he got fired. He can't stand Francessa. His gambling was out of control. He would actually fly in to AC before his morning show and bet big money on blackjack.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Carton knew Offshore gambling better than anyone on air, and I also loved how he destroyed Francesa day after day. On everything and anything else he was an arrogant asshole. I hope they don't bring him back, but I'm afraid they will.