Mike Tyson fight

MrTop

EOG Master
don best has the game down..& cancelled.... but the lines are moving --and you can bet it.. things that make you go hmmmm

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fight was scored a draw.

The three judges were Chad Dawson, Vinny Pazienza and Christy Martin, all former WBC champions.

Exhibition event took place at Staples Center.

Heim

EOG Master
Tyson looked decent....even at 54 don't tell me he couldn't compete against guys like Andy Ruiz Jr, former WBC champ for a limited time.

The heavyweight division is size only right now, limited boxing skills. Doubt they'd sanction Tyson but he can still box.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
how do three judges come up with a draw. 2-1, 1-2, 3-1, 0-3 .... hmmmm

I thought I understood 3s

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I believe each fighter was paid $1,000,000 for their participation. Easy money!

Does anyone know if the PPV gate was a success?

MrTop

EOG Master
I believe each fighter was paid $1,000,000 for their participation. Easy money!

Does anyone know if the PPV gate was a success?

i am glad for both they got that. Iron mike had a lot taken from him. I heard nothing of the ppv yet, i think it was bad timing should of happened a while ago.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I've seen both box back in the day.

Saw Roy Jones Jr vs. Antonio Tarver in LV, Nov 2003

Saw Tyson vs Lennox Lewis in Memphis, TN, June 2002

Both matches were largely uneventful, with a lot of hype.

choslamshe

EOG Master
I thought it was known that it would a draw...thus forcing the full 8 rounds and 'exhibition?'

If it were a real fight in typical Tyson fashion it would have been over in the first round, via KO. Jones Jr was trying to demonstrate some of his 'flash' with his footwork and looked 10 years older than Tyson.

I thought it was known that it would a draw...thus forcing the full 8 rounds and 'exhibition?'

If it were a real fight in typical Tyson fashion it would have been over in the first round, via KO. Jones Jr was trying to demonstrate some of his 'flash' with his footwork and looked 10 years older than Tyson.
Draftkings had live lines during the fight. Tyson was as high as -3000 or so. Pre fight the draw was +800. I heard that Draftkings screwed everyone and didn't pay out on the draw. If they took the bet, they should pay the bet.