Miscount of chips at the WSOP

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
When you go all-in, sure players should always be aware of their chip count, but dealers should slso know how to do their jobs. Bad beat in it's own right for Sammartino. Wish I would have stayed awake to see this live.

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

Here’s the whole scene. Sammartino didn’t make much of a fuss until he found out he was a 4 to 1 dog. As you said, no mater what, it’s on him to know what the count is before he makes a decision.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
He didn't go nuts until the cards were exposed!
and if he had pocket queens v TT
there would have been no protest

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Jack Effel should not have said, "If you're calling 17, you're calling 22."

Not good.

"Accepted action" felt like the right call, however.

And I know little or nothing about poker.

Last edited:

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Yeah this was a no brainer. He was 100% calling either way even though that is irrelevant here anyway. Jack did nothing wrong except making the verbal statement if you were going to call 17 you'd call 22.

Last edited:

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
After watching the whole video Jack really did handle himself like a clown/asshole despite the ruling being 100% correct. Could have shown a touch of sympathy to the player down to 11 in the World series for the misfortune but instead just chose to be a complete dick.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
5 million more is a joke at this stage of the game. Yes I know not for short stacks, but there's pre-flop raising 3 times the big blind even with the ugliest of hands. Sure what was said may have been uncalled for but there's some validity to his statement.

Wade

EOG Master
Jack Effel should've been fired a long time ago. the way he handled that situation with Will Kassouf when he said 9 high like a boss was bad also.

Last edited by a moderator:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Should not have a female dealer this late in tourney. Also maria ho is pathetic in the booth.

A female dealer was voted "WSOP Dealer of the Year" so once again that argument gets shot down. As for Maria Ho.............no comment

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Jack Effel should've been fired a long time ago. the way he handled that situation with Will Kassouf when he said 9 high like a boss was bad also.

Only other thing Effel could have done is say "17 are committed. Do you want to call w/ the L5?"

Based on what I've seen, it wasn't a big deal. The amount was 20% extra. Big thing is...Dario's decision.

Call or Fold? I think it's pretty close. I think u have to think long about Folding there (tbh), even vs 17.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Zbyszko challenged Mil Mascaras in a professional wrestling tournament held in Guatemala City in 1976.

Shortly after the tournament concluded, the country of Guatemala experienced a 7.6 earthquake which killed more than 23,000 people.

Tragic.