Missouri-Vanderbilt Game Postponed

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
From stltoday.com:

The Missouri football team's homecoming game scheduled for Saturday against Vanderbilt will be postponed for reasons related to Vandy's depleted roster because of COVID-19 cases, the Southeastern Conference announced Monday.

The game is being tentatively rescheduled for Dec. 12 "due to positive tests and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the Vanderbilt football program, consistent with Southeastern Conference COVID-19 management requirements," the league said.

This is the first SEC game postponed for reasons related to COVID-19 but the second straight Mizzou game to be rescheduled. This past Saturday's game against Louisiana State was moved from Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Columbia to avoid any issues from Hurricane Delta.

Vanderbilt (0-3) played Saturday's game against South Carolina with only 56 scholarship players. The SEC's coronavirus protocols allow teams to postpone games if they have fewer than 53 scholarship players available.

Mizzou (1-2) has had its own share of roster challenges with the virus and played without six players in Saturday's win over Louisiana State.
Saturday's game was originally scheduled for a 6:30 p.m. start at Memorial Stadium on SEC Network. When the SEC revised the schedule this fall, it pushed back the conference championship game to Dec. 19 to leave open a universal bye week on Dec. 12 in case teams needed to reschedule a game impacted by the virus.
(bolding and underling be me)

kane

EOG master
Vandy was going to be one of my plays this week, maybe it's for the best the game got cancelled, they're really bad

kane

EOG master
The game is currently postponed and is rescheduled for December 12, 2020, tentatively. Not cancelled, yet.

The reason why Vandy was a play for me was Mizzou just had a big upset against LSU, and their next game is against Florida, this week would have been a letdown spot for them. Rescheduling the game doesn't help me, I needed them to play this week

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
The reason why Vandy was a play for me was Mizzou just had a big upset against LSU, and their next game is against Florida, this week would have been a letdown spot for them. Rescheduling the game doesn't help me, I needed them to play this week

Understood.

Just clearing up that the game was only postponed so far, not cancelled, and re-scheduled for December 12, 2020.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Mason is a little bitch

Vandy only had 56 scholarship players available for last week's game, and SEC "rules" state that teams must have 53 scholarship players available to play the game that week. Apparently, Vandy does not for this Saturday's game.

The SEC office has confirmed that Vanderbilt has not met the threshold. Thus, the postponement.