Movie and TV show thread

Many here have Kodi and it can be tough to choose what to watch because of the enormous library to choose from. I thought it might be helpful if we had a running thread where we could recommend selections to each other. I humbly request to keep the bickering out of this thread.

A few movies I've enjoyed recently:
1. War Dogs-based on a true story of international arms dealers in their early 20s. I found the film to be funny, entertaining and completely surprising that this actually happened recently.
2. Snowden-Another film based on a true story-I didn't expect to enjoy this movie but i thought it was very well done.
3. The Equalizer-its a few years old so I was surprised I hadn't stumbled across it before being that I'm a big Denzel fan

I'm also a big fan of documentaries so any suggestions on those would be much appreciated.

My all time favourite movie by the way is Goodfellas

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Re: Movie and TV show thread

Crazy's All Time Top Movies:
1. Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Gnarly! Lots of classic lines. Many young cast members went on to become very famous. The bombshell wife of the science teacher was murdered by Phil Specter. In real life, she was younger than the students ogling her.

2. Young Frankenstein. Classic.. Very funny.

3. The Graduate. Plastics!

For tv shows, I've recently become addicted to Family Guy. A lot of zingers.

kane

EOG master

Many here have Kodi and it can be tough to choose what to watch because of the enormous library to choose from. I thought it might be helpful if we had a running thread where we could recommend selections to each other. I humbly request to keep the bickering out of this thread.

A few movies I've enjoyed recently:
1. War Dogs-based on a true story of international arms dealers in their early 20s. I found the film to be funny, entertaining and completely surprising that this actually happened recently.
2. Snowden-Another film based on a true story-I didn't expect to enjoy this movie but i thought it was very well done.
3. The Equalizer-its a few years old so I was surprised I hadn't stumbled across it before being that I'm a big Denzel fan

I'm also a big fan of documentaries so any suggestions on those would be much appreciated.

My all time favourite movie by the way is Goodfellas

If you didn't see "OJ Made In America", stop whatever you're watching and check it out, it's very long, but it's the best doc I can ever recall seeing

If you didn't see "OJ Made In America", stop whatever you're watching and check it out, it's very long, but it's the best doc I can ever recall seeing

once again I'm on the same page with you Kane. I thought that was the best cinematic piece I've watched in years. They really did an amazing job putting that together.

Crazy's All Time Top Movies:
1. Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Gnarly! Lots of classic lines. Many young cast members went on to become very famous. The bombshell wife of the science teacher was murdered by Phil Specter. In real life, she was younger than the students ogling her.

2. Young Frankenstein. Classic.. Very funny.

3. The Graduate. Plastics!

For tv shows, I've recently become addicted to Family Guy. A lot of zingers.

I love Fast Times. Many call it the American Graffiti of our generation. I didn't realize that was Phil Spectors wife, thanks for the fact.

Valuist

EOG Master

Some Americans Ive met say they love British sit-coms.Dont know if you guys like any

Monty Python and Fawlty Towers were great. Coupling was pretty good. I was never a fan of Friends, and Coupling was kind of a ripoff of it, but much more raunchy. The UK version of The Office was pretty good. I've only seen the US version of Shameless but I've heard the US version is better.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran

Amen. Best documentary I have ever seen also. So thorough and deserving of all its awards and praise. That must have taken much Time and couldn't have been easy to put together. ESPN does some really good stuff.

Monty Python and Fawlty Towers were great. Coupling was pretty good. I was never a fan of Friends, and Coupling was kind of a ripoff of it, but much more raunchy. The UK version of The Office was pretty good. I've only seen the US version of Shameless but I've heard the US version is better.
Try Only fools & Horses,probably the greatest British sitcom ever..and Steptoe and son.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran

"The Hateful Eight" (Tarantino) was a really good movie and I have always been a huge fan of UK stuff like Monty Python, Fawlty Towers and The Prisoner. Like music, TV seemed deeper back then despite the fact we have 2,222 channels now. And when I hear that "Friends" theme, I always pray for the meteor to hit. Quickly. It never does.

"The Hateful Eight" (Tarantino) was a really good movie and I have always been a huge fan of UK stuff like Monty Python, Fawlty Towers and The Prisoner. Like music, TV seemed deeper back then despite the fact we have 2,222 channels now. And when I hear that "Friends" theme, I always pray for the meteor to hit. Quickly. It never does.
If you guys liked Fawlty Towers youll love Only fools and horses.Agree with Friends,that shits on every day here...played in crowd laugh is terrible.

Valuist

EOG Master

If you guys liked Fawlty Towers youll love Only fools and horses.Agree with Friends,that shits on every day here...played in crowd laugh is terrible.

I will have to check it out. I believe The Prisoner was before my time. Does make for an interesting into on the Iron Maiden song of the same name.

kane

EOG master

BTW, great idea Heisey, I have a feeling this will be one of the more popular threads here

kane

EOG master

I saw a good documentary about David Bowie recently, it's called "David Bowie: Five Years". Anyone who's a Bowie fan will enjoy it, but even if you're just a fan of music it's worth the watch

I saw a good documentary about David Bowie recently, it's called "David Bowie: Five Years". Anyone who's a Bowie fan will enjoy it, but even if you're just a fan of music it's worth the watch

I will check it out-thanks Kane

grana

EOG Senior Member

Banshee was a very underrated recent TV Series that is worth binging. It's only 4 seasons long and ended way too soon IMO.

Hangover

EOG Dedicated

Banshee was a very underrated recent TV Series that is worth binging. It's only 4 seasons long and ended way too soon IMO.

Good show...falters in last season like so many shows with an unplanned end date

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Some Science Fiction shows I really enjoyed over the last 2 decades that kinda flew under the radar, or were cancelled before they should have been:

Nowhere Man
The 4400
Flash Forward

grana

EOG Senior Member

Homeland is finally kicking ass again this season, almost gave up on it.

Season 2 of Love came on Netflix today. Don't let the title fool you, its an edgy show. Season one was great and it's very funny.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Sneaky pete was really well done
always sunny is hilarious again. I wasnt feeling the last 2 seasons
The last season of girls is really powerful. This last episode you can learn alot from if you think about the message.
The best funny show is crashing on HBO only 3 episodes in but it's brilliant so far and hilarious.
Just finished shameless last season and think its incredibly well done. I also think William H. MACY plays his part to a T and is the best actor ever.. im biased possibly

Hangover

EOG Dedicated

Check out "The Expanse" if u like sci-fi shows..easily SyFy channels best series ever and perhaps one of the best sci-fi shows of all time. Season 1 starts kind of slow but picks up steam...its on season 2 right now and its excellent. Best way to describe is Battlestar Galactica meets Game of Thrones.

GusGreenbaum

EOG Dedicated

Amazon original programming is pretty legIt. 'Bosch' and 'Red Oaks' are great to binge.