My thoughts on all of the protests/looting

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Status Quo is the winning side.

Once Looting, Riots, Violence and Police death occur there will be no change like there was after 1992.

This happens again. Just sit back and let it play out.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
That is true - but I did not say that here. This blog is 100% politics free. For a reason

As for the CFB HOF in ND.....YES! 100% right but Atlanta paid more to have it there so it is there
I don't think the HOF ever made money in downtown South Bend.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Winky, I don't think I will ever agree with you more than I agree with your total stance in that blog. Well written and well done.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winky, I don't think I will ever agree with you more than I agree with your total stance in that blog. Well written and well done.

Might have to frame this!

Thanks for the kind words. The one thing I wanted to make sure to accomplish was not to come across as a racist. What they did was wrong. NO ONE will dispute that. But I made sure not to blame any race/skin color but all those who took part. No matter their race/skin color/etc.

Next week will be about Minor League Baseball and how sad it is MLB is cutting it waaaaaaaaaay back

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
cannot read that long anymore due to injury. I can only read small stuff

I basically said:

I have no problem with those who protest. MLK protested and did so without violence. Rosa Parks protested and did so without violence

The low life scumbag thugs who rioted and looted were not protesting. They were simply cockroaches who came out of hiding to take advantage of an opportunity. They are also the same ones who cry their eyes out when something does something they perceive as wrong.

I also said when the verdict eventually is reached in the case of the cop things might get even uglier if he is found "not guilty" and knowing what we know about trials involving cops who kill people the odds of him being found "not guilty" are better than being found guilty.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
In a shocking defeat, White Supremacist and long time incumbent RepubliCon Congressmen Steve King defeated in Iowa primary. A strong democrat sitting in the wings to face winner. Kudos to RepubliCons for kicking Trumps Nazi buddy to the curb.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
why did he lose tho?

His opponent outcrazied him?

Not the case. Steve King was a 9 term incumbent and got in trouble with a few Nazi comments he made. The RepubliCon party sort of sanctioned him by taking away some of his committee assignments and higher level status. Stuff like that. He was demoted by his party. Hard to believe that a RepubliCon could be to Far Right wing. But Steve King exposed his Nazi ideology too often. His getting demoted by the party and exposure of his being an extreme Far Righter was too much for his constituents. I think the Dem nominee has a stong chance to flip this seat. He's supposed to be a very strong candidate.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I basically said:

I have no problem with those who protest. MLK protested and did so without violence. Rosa Parks protested and did so without violence

The low life scumbag thugs who rioted and looted were not protesting. They were simply cockroaches who came out of hiding to take advantage of an opportunity. They are also the same ones who cry their eyes out when something does something they perceive as wrong.

I also said when the verdict eventually is reached in the case of the cop things might get even uglier if he is found "not guilty" and knowing what we know about trials involving cops who kill people the odds of him being found "not guilty" are better than being found guilty.

Hahahaha...why didn’t you say so in the first place?

By the way I agree with you 110%...most responsible adults would also...

MrTop

EOG Master
I basically said:

agree with you about things could get uglier. They could be found not guilty, unemployment could run out, china could come into play with the economy .

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Mayor DiBlasio is a fucking moron. Refusing the National Guard, and watching his city crumble at the hands of looters and crack whores.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
About time somebody stood up.(y)

Florida sheriff to looters: I'm advising armed homeowners to 'blow you back out of the house with their guns'

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
About time somebody stood up.(y)

Florida sheriff to looters: I'm advising armed homeowners to 'blow you back out of the house with their guns'

LOL, that's Sheriff Grady Judd down here......

He's kind of a hot dog, loves loves loves media attention.

If there's a story around you will see him working hard to get his name involved.

Doesn't make him a bad guy though.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Sheriff Judd also had a stern message for anyone who might come to the county to riot, loot, or injure people.

"I would tell them if you value your life, you probably shouldn’t do that in Polk County, because the people of Polk County like guns, they have guns, and I encourage them to own guns, and they’re going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded. And if you try to break into their homes, to steal, to set fires, I’m highly recommending they blow you back out of their house with their guns. So leave the community alone, and we’ll do our best to support the community."

/www.wtsp.com/article/news/local/polk-county-sheriff-judd-message-to-rioters-looters/67-4ba0be69-06fe-4a45-8c4b-3a7bbb03100c

BTW the good part of that was community leaders, black and white, stood shoulder to should and denounced the rioting and violence.

All that does is take away from what is an important message this country needs to hear.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Mayor DiBlasio is a fucking moron. Refusing the National Guard, and watching his city crumble at the hands of looters and crack whores.

Inflection point. Justice for Eric Garner. I agree, Diblasio is a fucking moron. He should have thrown the book at the Nazi cops that murdered Eric Garner. That video where Garner had 5 or 6 cops on him with one applying an illegal chokehold was very conclusive and very distrubing. "I can't breathe". Not one cop was held accountable. I think they all kept their jobs until one was recently fired after 5 years. Biden will make national changes stripping bad cops of their ability to abuse their power. But honestly leadership should be making the changes immediately. Inflection point!

Last edited:

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Sheriff Judd also had a stern message for anyone who might come to the county to riot, loot, or injure people.

"I would tell them if you value your life, you probably shouldn’t do that in Polk County, because the people of Polk County like guns, they have guns, and I encourage them to own guns, and they’re going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded. And if you try to break into their homes, to steal, to set fires, I’m highly recommending they blow you back out of their house with their guns. So leave the community alone, and we’ll do our best to support the community."

/www.wtsp.com/article/news/local/polk-county-sheriff-judd-message-to-rioters-looters/67-4ba0be69-06fe-4a45-8c4b-3a7bbb03100c

BTW the good part of that was community leaders, black and white, stood shoulder to should and denounced the rioting and violence.

All that does is take away from what is an important message this country needs to hear.

I remember you. I saw you at the Boston Tea Party calling for calm. Yes I agree, violent protest's have never led to positive change in the short history of America. 😂 😂

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Biden will make national changes stripping bad cops of their ability to abuse their power.

How will he do that? How can you recognize a bad cop before they act out?

Seriously, I'm curious?

And if POTUS could do that why hasn't it been done before now?

Minorities have been targeted for many many many years........ pisses me off if a forumer POTUS (or all of them) could have ended this shit years ago.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I remember you. I saw you at the Boston Tea Party calling for calm. Yes I agree, violent protest's have never led to positive change in the short history of America. 😂 😂

:LOL: :LOL:

Well if you think violence works, I do not, can't cry about it when some is thrown back in your face. Right?

This violence going on right now has nothing to do with justice for anyone, and even you know it big guy.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
:LOL::LOL:

Well if you think violence works, I do not, can't cry about it when some is thrown back in your face. Right?

This violence going on right now has nothing to do with justice for anyone, and even you know it big guy.

Yes violence isn't good but unfortunately its been a small component of many successful protest. It it will be a component of this successful nationwide protests. Without it change for the good less likely Therr was violence after MLK was assignated, Rodney King, etc. It's unavoidable. In in today's protest it helps to expose how severe police abuse of power and racial injustice is. An ideal protest would be for all Americans to walk off their jobs. But close to half the country don't believe in the cause. They're happy with the injust, inhumane status quo. Slobadan.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
How will he do that? How can you recognize a bad cop before they act out?

Seriously, I'm curious?

And if POTUS could do that why hasn't it been done before now?

Minorities have been targeted for many many many years........ pisses me off if a forumer POTUS (or all of them) could have ended this shit years ago.

I didn't mean just bad cops, yes you're correct, it would be impossible to separate good from bad. But police reform would apply to all cops. It's inexplicable, indefensible that not one cop was held accountable for the murder of Eric Garner. We all saw the I can't breathe video. Horrible precedent, failed leadership of the government. Cops should not be above the law. A bad cop is a dangerous cop. Biden will get a tough job done. What Trump does is inspire the cops to be bad. Do statements like "when you arrest a thug feel free to rough them up. Don't be gentle, knock them in the head as you throw them in the back of the paddy wagon". Trump taking a page from the Nixon playbook. "I'm the law and order cop". A dog whistle to the white supremacist. 😂 i heard that when Nixon ran 90% of the country were uneducated whites? Today its only 35%. His dog whistles won't have the same affect as compared to when Nixon ran as the law and order candidate. They will rouse the couriosity of Slobadan and inspire Dumb Alfie

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Part of Biden's police reform would be a modifed zero tolerance. This killer cop in Minny had a very think file of complaints and violations. Supervisors have to have zero tolerance for bad behavior. There's so much room for good police reform. Like Pat said it's failed leadership that nothing has been done for so long

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
LOL, that's Sheriff Grady Judd down here......

He's kind of a hot dog, loves loves loves media attention.

If there's a story around you will see him working hard to get his name involved.

Doesn't make him a bad guy though.

Polk County I think?

Isn't that the same county sheriff who worked with Dateline NBC to catch a bunch of pedos a few years back?

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
:LOL::LOL:

Yup- and the dumb ass mayor in NYC is watching his city burn down, and get looted and doing nothing about it. When they go vote in NYC, do they go into the voting booth and say "I'm gunna vote for the dumbest motherfucker on the ballot"

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Inflection point. Justice for Eric Garner. I agree, Diblasio is a fucking moron. He should have thrown the book at the Nazi cops that murdered Eric Garner. That video where Garner had 5 or 6 cops on him with one applying an illegal chokehold was very conclusive and very distrubing. "I can't breathe". Not one cop was held accountable. I think they all kept their jobs until one was recently fired after 5 years. Biden will make national changes stripping bad cops of their ability to abuse their power. But honestly leadership should be making the changes immediately. Inflection point!
You know this how?

Please pick Amy for a running mate, she loves protecting police.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Yes violence isn't good but unfortunately its been a small component of many successful protest. It it will be a component of this successful nationwide protests. Without it change for the good less likely Therr was violence after MLK was assignated, Rodney King, etc. It's unavoidable. In in today's protest it helps to expose how severe police abuse of power and racial injustice is. An ideal protest would be for all Americans to walk off their jobs. But close to half the country don't believe in the cause. They're happy with the injust, inhumane status quo. Slobadan.
The good news is many people in the inner city do not have a job now, thanks to the "peaceful protestors" destroying the businesses.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
He is, but it'd because he lacks the guts to stand up to the PBA. They laugh in his face as the NYC cops consistently turn peaceful protests into riots. Cops are worse here than they were before Serpico. Damn hard for the good cops to make a difference.