Myles Garrett loses his mind

Heim

EOG Master
I'd be surprised he's not done for the year. The player who pushed Rudolph from behind was almost as chicken shit.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
He should be gone for the season +. Rudolph should get 2 games, so should Pouncey. Browns #65 should get a game. Ugly and stupid on so many levels.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Did he swing his helmet at Garrett? Don't give me this crap he said something to him. Words mean nothing to the civilized world.
No, but he tried to take Garrett's helmet off 1st. No excuse for what Garrett did, and he should pay dearly for it, but Rudolph deserves time also, or at least a hefty fine.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Don't be surprised it Garrett says Rudolph called him the N word, regardless if he did or didn't.

rudolph is a huge trump supporter... so, I tend to side with the notion that he said something racist. Garrett’s not going to come out and say that... he seemed upset with himself, and took responsibility. But, what else could Rudolph had said to make him black out like that?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
rudolph is a huge trump supporter... so, I tend to side with the notion that he said something racist. Garrett’s not going to come out and say that... he seemed upset with himself, and took responsibility. But, what else could Rudolph had said to make him black out like that?
I doubt he said much, other than get the F off of me, or something like that, words that are said probably 50 times a game. But he did grab Garrett's facemask, and tried to yank his helmet off his head. That's what set him off, and why Rudolph deserves punishment also.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Indefinite Suspension.

Amount of time would be currently answered as UNKNOWN.

When you look at how the NFL TREATS HITS TO HEAD, even if it's a Linemen's Shoelace going across a QB'S Facemask, Putting them in Concussion Protocol, then looking at Garrett wacking Rudolph over the head with his helmet, this guy could be thrown out of the league.

Rudolph could go the Personal Lawsuit route also.

kane

EOG master
Garrett should get somewhere around 10 games, Rudolph shouldn't be suspended, just fined. I'm not sure about Pouncy, under normal circumstances I could see him suspended a game or two, but considering he just saw his QB get hit on the head with a swinging helmet, his reaction was completely understandable, I would fine him, but as far as a suspension, maybe one game at most. Garrett is lucky he didn't hit Rudolph with the crown of the helmet, had that happened Rudolph could have been seriously injured. I don't know how this stuff works from a legal perspective, but I wonder if Rudolph could pursue an assault case.

richsox24

EOG Master
I don't think any of the Steelers players should get a suspension for the exact reason kane stated,. They just saw their QB get hit in the head with a helmut. Of course they're going to react the way they did.

waco

EOG Dedicated
No one talking about this but do you know how the QB got on his feet!! He was pulled up to his feet by his face mask by Garrett

High Times

EOG Master
Garrett is fortunate he did not land a direct hit on Rudolph's head.

And Rudolph was fortunate too.

He did hit him pretty good and Rudolph never budged. Rudolph's head is as hard as a bowling ball. Can't hurt him..... Most other QBs would be on the ground screaming bloody murder....

MrTop

EOG Master
bert camponeris vs tigers.. it think it was in playoffs...suspended during the playoffs throwing bat at the pitcher... just lost it

boston massacre

EOG Master

What a BRILLIANT and ENLIGHTNING Observation.

Rudolph supports Trump, so it's Very Likely Rudolph said something Racist to Garrett.

You should have added that, it has been reported numerous times that Rudolph routinely uses the N Word while referring to all his Black Teammates on the Steelers.

Might as well keep up all HOAX Reporting about Trump.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I dont like the 3 games for Pouncy, way too much, hopefully it'll get dropped to 1 or 2 on appeal. The rest of the punishments seem fine.

As far as garret goes, he's got to be suspended for at least half of next season IMO. If they went all of next season, that would send a stronger message, because this isn't really about what just happened, it's to prevent it from ever happening again.

Last edited:
Garrett was guilty of "fighting, removing the helmet of an opponent and using the helmet as a weapon". He gets suspended for the final 6 games of the regular season + playoffs + indefinitely into the future.

Pouncing Pouncey's crimes were that he "jumped into Garrett, kicking and punching him after Rudolph had been struck," using his feet & hands as weapons. But he only got 3 games.

Why didn't both get the same punishment? Garrett's use of weapons amounted to one swipe. Pouncey's use of weapons (feet & hands) involved multiple attacks over a longer period of time than the one second involving Garrett's attack.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ely-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-gets-3-game-ban

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated
Pathetic some guys calling for Garett to get more than 4 games. Precedent has been set by NFL on this. 3-4 games was adequate.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Garrett was guilty of "fighting, removing the helmet of an opponent and using the helmet as a weapon". He gets suspended for the final 6 games of the regular season + playoffs + indefinitely into the future.

Pouncing Pouncey's crimes were that he "jumped into Garrett, kicking and punching him after Rudolph had been struck," using his feet & hands as weapons. But he only got 3 games.

Why didn't both get the same punishment? Garrett's use of weapons amounted to one swipe. Pouncey's use of weapons (feet & hands) involved multiple attacks over a longer period of time than the one second involving Garrett's attack.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ely-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-gets-3-game-ban
You know why.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
If its true about the groin kick, then Rudolph should get something. As for Pouncey, not so sure. He was defending his QB after Garrett attacked him.
To see how this should have been handled, watch DeCastro. Kept his wits about him, but protected his QB by keeping player away from him. Pouncey kicking and punching Garrett when he was down was the wrong way, and he deserved what he got. Rudolph should have got more than just a fine.