NBA players gonna protest?

waco

EOG Dedicated
IT JUST GOING TO BRING MORE RIOTS, TOWNS TO BE TORCHED, AND ANOTHER FAMILY NEVER GOING TO HAVE TO WORK ANOTHER DAY AGAIN AFTER THEIR LAWSUIT. JUST THINK RAIL, YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO VOTE BECAUSE YOUR BOY LOST IN CALIF BY 4 MILLION VOTES 4 YEARS AGO AND THEY SAY ITS GOING TO BE 7 MILLION THIS YEAR

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
At this point if we dont cut the head off the snake sports are going to get ruined. If you talk about things such as politics and choose to sit out not injury or family emergency related you get fined and continue to speak you get suspended.

kane

EOG master
They should award the game to Orlando vis forefit. You'll see how fast they'll get their f*cking asses out there.

That won't happen, and I fully expect the other teams to follow the Bucks lead, more than likely all games tonight and tomorrow will be cancelled, I just hope at some point they resume the playoffs

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
All bullshit.

Ths Jacob Blake situation is wrong from both perspectives. There doesn't always need to be just one side that is right. Obviously the guy had a bad past which I'm not certainly sure cops even knew about because if they did I'm sure they wouldn't even allowed him to stroll casually around his car to open his car door like that but the overkill in the shots is just as wrong especially since you're right next to him. Not to mention there were multiple cops on scene. Its all fucked up.

But why should we not play sports? Enough already.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Then this bullshit starts a chain reaction, next Raptors Celtics then Lakers..... its a crock of shit

Can NOT USE SPORTS to send any other message. It should be illegal.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
That won't happen, and I fully expect the other teams to follow the Bucks lead, more than likely all games tonight and tomorrow will be cancelled, I just hope at some point they resume the playoffs
Of course it won't. But it should, and this unfortunate event shouldn't get in the way of a postseason game. This wasn't a mutual boycott, and my point is it's unfair to inconvenience the opposition.who is willing to play, much less fighting for their playoff lives. Just downright disrespect to fans and the sport in general overall.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
Of course it won't. But this unfortunate event shouldn't get in the way of a postseason game. This wasn't a mutual boycott, and my point is it's unfair to inconvenience the opposition.who is willing to play, much less fighting for their playoff lives. Just downright disrespect to fans and the sport in general overall.

I don't know what the Magic players were thinking, but I know for a fact players from the Celtics and Raptors held a meeting the other day discussing the possibility of not playing their game. I have to think the Magic players will have the backs of the Bucks players

jimmythegreek

I don't know what the Magic players were thinking, but I know for a fact players from the Celtics and Raptors held a meeting the other day discussing the possibility of not playing their game. I have to think the Magic players will have the backs of the Bucks players
The Magic were in their pregame shootaround until 3 minutes before warmups were scheduled to finish. Milwaukee never came out of the locker rooms. You can't tell me that the Magic weren't willing to play.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Should we expect that all teams still in the playoffs do the same including tonight's other two games? Hard to see any team now wanting to be perceived as the a-holes that weren't willing to follow suit...

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Good! Cancel the whole playoffs as far as I'm concerned.

So now whether or not games are played depend on events out in the world not even connected to the NBA?

This is gotten way out of hand.....

Like many sports for me was an escape from politics, now it's an extension of them. No thanks.

kane

EOG master
The Magic were in their pregame shootaround until 3 minutes before warmups were scheduled to finish. Milwaukee never came out of the locker rooms. You can't tell me that the Magic weren't willing to play.

The Magic have declined the forfeit, whether they wanted to play or not, the Orlando players will have the backs of the Bucks players

kane

EOG master
Should we expect that all teams still in the playoffs do the same including tonight's other two games? Hard to see any team now wanting to be perceived as the a-holes that weren't willing to follow suit...

I don't know if the entire playoffs get cancelled, but I fully expect tomorrow's games to not be played either. I'm hoping this is only a 2 or 3 day boycott to let the players get their message across then they start up again

jimmythegreek

The Magic have declined the forfeit, whether they wanted to play or not, the Orlando players will have the backs of the Bucks players
Which shows they are and we're still willing to play. It wasn't there choice to boycott. Whether they have their backs or not, the league needs to enforce sensible rules unless it's mutual.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Which shows they are and we're still willing to play. It wasn't there choice to boycott.

Exactly.

They were willing to play, they knew the Bucks weren't coming out long before the game was supposed to start.

They wanted to play. Them being out on the court with no opponent around speaks loud and clear as to their intent.

Of course the league has no balls, they will cancel it rather than give the Magic a win......

That much you can count on for sure.

kane

EOG master
Which shows they are and we're still willing to play. It wasn't there choice to boycott. Whether they have their backs or not, the league needs to enforce sensible rules unless it's mutual.

The Magic could have accepted the forfeit and been declared the winner, but they refused to do so, not much more the league can do, they can't force the Magic to take the win

jimmythegreek

The Magic could have accepted the forfeit and been declared the winner, but they refused to do so, not much more the league can do, they can't force the Magic to take the win
I understand that. Nothing a few fines and suspensions couldn't fix for shaming the league.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
The Magic could have accepted the forfeit and been declared the winner, but they refused to do so, not much more the league can do, they can't force the Magic to take the win....

Why would they have a choice to "accept" a win?

You don't and you shouldn't.

If the league finds the Bucks have to forfeit the Magic win, period.

It's not up for a vote to see who wants to "accept" a win.

jimmythegreek

Exactly.

They were willing to play, they knew the Bucks weren't coming out long before the game was supposed to start.

They wanted to play. Them being out on the court with no opponent around speaks loud and clear as to their intent.

Of course the league has no balls, they will cancel it rather than give the Magic a win......

That much you can count on for sure.
Adam Silver, just like Stern, showing his gutless wonder true colors

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Adam Silver, just like Stern, showing his gutless wonder true colors

Yep.

Sounds like they won't even have any rules going forward.

If you don't feel well, your stars are hurt or something stay glued to the TV.......find a reason to refuse to play.

Right? That's what I would do, probably what BeliCheat and other smart coaches would do in a league with no rules.

Fuck the NBA, what a fing joke. A billion dollar business where players decide based on social issues if they even play?

Just don't play if you don't feel like it, that makes a lot of sense.

Careful what you wish for........ might be a lot of 6'10" stockboys in your local grocery store soon.

jimmythegreek

Yep.

Sounds like they won't even have any rules going forward.

If you don't feel well, your stars are hurt or something stay glued to the TV.......find a reason to refuse to play.

Right? That's what I would do, probably what BeliCheat and other smart coaches would do.
Ugh. NBA TV now interviewing one of the biggest racists the sports world knows. Isaiah the bricklayer. Turning this off in further disgust.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I've turned it off for the last time.

Not that my one move will hurt but I vow I will NEVER watch another NBA game as long as I live.

I'm retired from the NBA, you guys can have it.