NBA Playoffs...

Heim

EOG Master
I really liked the Raptors to come out of the East until I saw them against the Celtics the other night. Geez they don't
really match up very well with them. Leaning BOS now.

kane

EOG master
Agree with you about Boston, dark horse might be Indiana, especially if they get Sabonis back and Warren keeps playing out of his mind

Heim

EOG Master
Agree with you about Boston, dark horse might be Indiana, especially if they get Sabonis back and Warren keeps playing out of his mind

The key to Indy is Brogdon....he has to stay injury free. They miss a lot when he's out. Plus he's great in close games
late drawing fouls with his dribble drives.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The ability to draw fouls and defend without fouling is critical in the sterile environment of the bubble.

No homecourt whistles to bail out any team playing poorly.

It will be weird to see a team celebrate an NBA championship with no fans in attendance.

Strange times indeed.

Raptors have not matched up well with any good teams all year. Their feast on bad teams has continued in the bubble.

Heim

EOG Master
Does anyone want the PHO Suns right now? Ricky Rubio has changed the whole team chemistry and
hitting a few threes. The big guy is soft, but you don't need to coach big.

Does anyone want the PHO Suns right now? Ricky Rubio has changed the whole team chemistry and
hitting a few threes. The big guy is soft, but you can't coach big.

Ayton changed it all, plus they are motivated as all hell. They should not have been in the hole they are in, they have lots of talent, but they played like shit too often. Now they are getting back some of what they lost by playing hard every game while other teams seem to only show up for a game here or there.

Heim

EOG Master
Ayton changed it all, plus they are motivated as all hell. They should not have been in the hole they are in, they have lots of talent, but they played like shit too often. Now they are getting back some of what they lost by playing hard every game while other teams seem to only show up for a game here or there.

I like Ayton, but he can be more physical around the rim.....he reminds me a lot of former Laker Andrew Bynum.

I like Ayton, but he can be more physical around the rim.....he reminds me a lot of former Laker Andrew Bynum.

He's never learned how to play big man D. I bet that was the thing Monty said he needed to do day he took the job.

kane

EOG master
Nothing against Ayton, but if I'm a Suns fan I wake up every day thinking to myself we could have had Luka, a Booker/Doncic backcourt wouldn't be too bad

Nothing against Ayton, but if I'm a Suns fan I wake up every day thinking to myself we could have had Luka, a Booker/Doncic backcourt wouldn't be too bad

If they didn't get pick #1 they would have taken him. Only downside to Luka was the thought he played same position as Booker, most likely one of them would have moved to SF.

Heim

EOG Master
It was leaked the other day many Clipper players hoping for a POR/LAL playoff series. To a man they think POR
can win it.

It was leaked the other day many Clipper players hoping for a POR/LAL playoff series. To a man they think POR
can win it.

That's a stretch, they just realize a series against the Grizzlies would have been a cakewalk so yeah they wish for the odds of the Lakers losing to improve. I mean every team is trying to maneuver into a spot they like, the Nuggets and Rockets are playing we can tank better than you in front of our eyes right now, does that mean they think they can't beat the teams they would play as it stands now?

Heim

EOG Master
FWIW, Fezzik thinks a POR/LAL series opens -300. But thinks fair price should be -235. He does know its seven not five
anymore....right?

What a sham, Suns go perfect and still don't make the playoffs. Why again did they even bother to bring them into the bubble???

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
What a sham, Suns go perfect and still don't make the playoffs. Why again did they even bother to bring them into the bubble???
Who expected them to run the table in the bubble? They had nothing to lose. Look at San Antonio. First time in what, 23 years they missed the postseason? It was a valiant effort, just fell short as the west was once again competitive down the stretch, compared to the east where only seeding really mattered.

Who expected them to run the table in the bubble? They had nothing to lose. Look at San Antonio. First time in what, 23 years they missed the postseason? It was a valiant effort, just fell short as the west was once again competitive down the stretch, compared to the east where only seeding really mattered.

As it turns out I'm sure the franchise and the fans are not disappointed because they played so well, it's just me saying seems strange they ended up invited if they literally were eliminated from the playoffs anyways. And so what about the Spurs, fuck em I hate them. They only rose to the occasion during the bubble when they played questionable teams. They have a long period of mediocre in front of them, bunch of guys ill suited for the modern NBA

jimmythegreek

In addition, I give credit to Brooklyn for giving Portland all they could handle instead of just laying down. Had the Nets pulled off the win, the fate would have proven true for Phoenix, who have nothing to be ashamed of.

hcskip

EOG Addicted
I really liked the Raptors to come out of the East until I saw them against the Celtics the other night. Geez they don't
really match up very well with them. Leaning BOS now.

I remembered your comment about the Raptors last week; I also have a (formerly from Boston) buddy who swears that the Celtics will be a force to be reckoned with this year (he told me to ignore the regular season Celtic plays; they're saving up for the playoffs. I ignored his advice and have paid for it).

Back in 2008, my friend was certain the Celtics would win the East. Together we put in a $500 bet and cleared over $7K. Then, for some reason, he thought the Celtics would choke in the finals, and went the other way. I stayed on the Celtics for a modest amount and did okay.

Anyway, I have money on both the Raptors and the Celtics for both the East and National. BOL!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remembered your comment about the Raptors last week; I also have a (formerly from Boston) buddy who swears that the Celtics will be a force to be reckoned with this year (he told me to ignore the regular season Celtic plays; they're saving up for the playoffs. I ignored his advice and have paid for it).

Back in 2008, my friend was certain the Celtics would win the East. Together we put in a $500 bet and cleared over $7K. Then, for some reason, he thought the Celtics would choke in the finals, and went the other way. I stayed on the Celtics for a modest amount and did okay.

Anyway, I have money on both the Raptors and the Celtics for both the East and National. BOL!

I thought Paul Pierce outplayed both Kobe and LeBron en route to winning the title in the 2007-08 NBA season.

For a brief time, Pierce may have been the best player on the planet.

Heim

EOG Master
Fezzik salivating on POR but lets not forget, must win last night got down a bunch versus a team with 4 starters out (incl Durant)
and nothing to play for.

If you can name 3 starters for Nets go to the head of the class.

Heim

EOG Master
Think OKC is a live dog against Houston in the series

I really like the CP3 revenge angle.....his non stop on the gas pedal has been good for OKC especially for guys like Adams
who disappeared at times. Plus RWB out possible two games doesn't hurt.

Fezzik salivating on POR but lets not forget, must win last night got down a bunch versus a team with 4 starters out (incl Durant)
and nothing to play for.

Portland struggled against a lot of teams that didn't have much to play for the last week and won them all somehow. They seem to play to the level of competition.

Heim

EOG Master
FWIW, Fezzik thinks a POR/LAL series opens -300. But thinks fair price should be -235. He does know its seven not five
anymore....right?

Same ol Fezzik...POR one point win shakes him up...now feels LAL -500.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Portland struggled against a lot of teams that didn't have much to play for the last week and won them all somehow. They seem to play to the level of competition.

That's why ninth-seeded Memphis +6 looks attractive tomorrow.

Portland was life-and-death last night against the Nets.

Rare situation where eighth-seeded Portland has money in the bank, if you will, while Memphis will be playing for postseason survival.

If Memphis wins Saturday, the two teams return Sunday for a winner-take-all game.

Memphis must overcome the absence of Jaren Jackson Jr. but that's why the pointspread is so rich.

This play-in game idea could be a fixture in years to come.

Heim

EOG Master
That's why ninth-seeded Memphis +6 looks attractive tomorrow.

Portland was life-and-death last night against the Nets.

Rare situation where eighth-seeded Portland has money in the bank, if you will, while Memphis will be playing for postseason survival.

If Memphis wins Saturday, the two teams return Sunday for a winner-take-all game.

Memphis must overcome the absence of Jaren Jackson Jr. but that's why the pointspread is so rich.

This play-in game idea could be a fixture in years to come.

It's a great idea if the teams play along, playoff atmosphere today. But with the NBA's history it could
turn into the tank-out game.

jimmythegreek

and nothing to play for.

Caris Levert
Joe Harris
Jarrett Allen

kane

EOG master
BOL opens the Lakers 5.5, it's probably the right line, but it looks low at first glance

railbird

EOG Master
i wasnt watching faggot, was watching coco gauff getting her ass wiped all over the tennis court by jenny brady