NFL Wild Card Playoffs discussion and picks

kane

EOG master
Nothing set in stone, but at first glance in the AFC I like the Bills and Titans, and in the NFC I'm thinking maybe a Saints/Eagles tease

kane

EOG master
Took 3 with Buffalo, I think their defense is the difference, my concern is they could be a trendy dog which I typically don't like being on, but it is what it is. I'm also starting to not like Tennessee as much as I initially did, I know the Pats aren't the same team as in year's past, and father time looks like he's finally catching up to Brady, but it's still NE at home in a playoff game, and the Hoodie gets the extra time to prepare, Tannehill has been terrific for the Titans, but this is the best defense he'll be going against, and Hoodie is very familiar with him having faced him many times when Tanny was with Miami, not sure what I'm doing with this game right now. In the NFC if I can get 3 with Philly I'm on them, if not I'll likely end up teasing them with NO

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I bet Seattle at the P opener. Don't particularly like they are the biggest public play of the week. Injury reports late in the week for both teams will be pretty key.
I don't get the Buff love. By far the worst Offense in the playoffs, with a an already shaky, inaccurate QB making his 1st playoff start on the road? With Hous getting an emotional, if not actual, boost with JJ Watt return. Only shot Buff has IMO is Josh rushing for over 100.
Would lean slightly to Minn +8. Tenn- NE is a total pass for me. Tenn the better team at this time, but can they overcome Aura and Mystique? I have no idea.

High Times

EOG Master
Yeah...saw that....thanks

Philly opened one and went the other way overnight....

I can't see Seattle going into Philly and winning. Seattle is shit without a running game. These people think Russell Wilson can go into Philly knowing they have to throw the ball to win and doing it?

Russell Wilson has never showed that he is that QB when it counts. If he does it would be the first time.....

High Times

EOG Master
Nothing set in stone, but at first glance in the AFC I like the Bills and Titans, and in the NFC I'm thinking maybe a Saints/Eagles tease

I like every dog too, but will go light on the AFC games. They are toss ups... But getting points has to be the value plays....

Good luck.

High Times

EOG Master

I miss read. I really don't like the Saints this week. In fact I could see them losing.....

Valuist

EOG Master

My exact thoughts on the AFC as well, Kane. Glad to see you on the same sides. Still looking at NFC games.

But the biggest shock to me is seeing the Buffalo/Houston total at 44. Seems way too high, IMO.

dogball

EOG Master
Vikings plus points is a solid bet
Seattle all ready rampaged the eagles this season in Philly. No reason they won’t do it again
someone’s gonna run the ball , still game smells , poor eagles team is hot and is public so pass
titans or nothing. ML also
Houston coin flip, love buffaol d but I’m laying

High Times

EOG Master
wentz, tanneyhill & J allen are all 1st time starters in the playoffs. Since 2002, 1st time playoff starters are 10-26 ats.
I believe there were 3 LY as well. Also, garappolo for SF 1st time starter for SF.

Good point.....

That's why the bets are not solid. But still like getting the points.

MrTop

EOG Master
wentz, tanneyhill & J allen are all 1st time starters in the playoffs. Since 2002, 1st time playoff starters are 10-26 ats.
I believe there were 3 LY as well. Also, garappolo for SF 1st time starter for SF.

it is very good to know. Does it break it down better? are those teams wild cards , division winners, #1 or #2 seeds

kane

EOG master

This is good info, thanks for posting. I still like Buffalo since they don't rely on their QB to win, they run the ball, play defense, and hope the QB doesn't get in the way, all they ask of Allen is to not turn it over and make a few plays when needed, and the Texans defense is nothing special to say the least

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Very bad weather in New England...check the totals....wind and rain getting worse as the game progresses...a storm called Henry....not making that up

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Start times for Saturday's pair of AFC Wild Card games: 4:35 p.m and 8:15 p.m. ET.

Houston hosts the early game and New England hosts the late game.

blueline

EOG Master
NFL Network saying JJ Watt will play a significant amount of plays as opposed to a limited number of plays which was the expectation earlier in the week.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Very bad weather in New England...check the totals....wind and rain getting worse as the game progresses...a storm called Henry....not making that up

i hope no one listens to this.
Storm is staying to the south.. we are only expected to get on and off showers today. Nothing heavy..

“a bit of lull during the game”
“There’s a much better chance of dry hours after 5, than before”

very little wind is expected, also. Unless you consider between 3mph-7mph strong winds?

Wildcard weekend is usually pretty tough. I think it’s a decent week for teasers with the dogs except Minnesota. Minny has been going downhill while NO offense is doing the opposite of last year while heading into the playoffs. Back Cousins to keep up with Brees in the Superdome? No thanks

kane

EOG master
Just Buffalo +3 for me, for as much as I want to take the Titans, I just have too much respect for Hoodie/Brady to fade them today

MrTop

EOG Master
New England is done. After betting against them the last few years when it counted it took Brady's age, no Gronk & no depth to finish them. Brady should leave the game on a high note.

Last edited:

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
New England is done. After betting against them the last few years when it counted it took Brady's age, no Gronk & no depth to finish them. Brady should leave the game on a high note.

Leave on a high note? What? He just lost a wild card game at home and his last throw was a pick 6, lol.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Seems to me that NE will get Gronk back and make one final push...that includes Antonio Brown also coming back...Kraft, Brady, and their coach did not like getting embarrassed in the 4th quarter...just my opinion....

MrTop

EOG Master
Leave on a high note? What? He just lost a wild card game at home and his last throw was a pick 6, lol.

look at their season overall, name a team that had a better run in all sports than New England with brady ? Did they finish 3-13 ? lost a close game . Brady 42 y/o No gronk... Don't tell me you had New England ? You should look who i had in the best bet area

:oops:;)

dogball

EOG Master
Vikings plus points is a solid bet
Seattle all ready rampaged the eagles this season in Philly. No reason they won’t do it again
someone’s gonna run the ball , still game smells , poor eagles team is hot and is public so pass
titans or nothing. ML also
Houston coin flip, love buffaol d but I’m laying
got it spot on yester day, today I’m sticking with Minnesota but deceived eagles are going to win this game

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I know Philly is trash. I know Philly is banged up as well. What scares me the most is Wilson having to do too much. I think Seattle will ask too much from him and he might force some throws today. The whole Lynch thing sounds good but I'm not buying him having any big impact today. I feel scared for Wilson today. I really do.

Carson and other peole going down really changed things for me.