Numbers in Chicago this weekend

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thirty-five people shot and three killed.

Not bad for a summer weekend in Chiraq.

On the diamond, the Cubs are 10-3 while the White Sox are even with the league at 8-8.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I heard White Sox manager Rick Renteria criticized by WSCR's Matt Spiegel for Renteria's use of his pitching staff this past weekend.

Spiegel did not like the use of reliever Drew Anderson in what was a bullpen game last Saturday for the White Sox.

Anderson surrendered six runs and recorded only four outs in a 7-1 loss to a division rival (Indians).

railbird

EOG Master
Bookies need to post killings, maybe a national grand salami.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
A national grand salami on shooting deaths?

Now that's dark.

I'll take OVER for the limit, especially in the hot summer months.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Have a count on how many Mag Mile stores got looted overnight? Is the left that fucking dumb to realize this will keep happening when you defund police?

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Cannot loot period. People cannot burn down their town. Protests yes, but running around looting like this is terrible. What does it really show the world. These store owners did nothing to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Mayor Beetlejuice is probably the most irate that a cop shot someone. The entire downtown is locked down today.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Chicago is one of the craziest cities in America right now and people hardly talk about it outside of here. Wasnt there some rapper who just got gunned down in broad daylight in a good area DOWNTOWN where people are out and about shopping or walking their dogs. Suprised nobody innocent got hit. Cops even had to put out a warning to his enemies to be alert. Its gotten to the point people really dont care anymore. If your grandma gets hit oh well, kid gets hit oh well. Its so sad to see. They have gone nuts, absolutrly nuts with no hope. They need help.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Chicago is one of the craziest cities in America right now and people hardly talk about it outside of here. Wasnt there some rapper who just got gunned down in broad daylight in a good area DOWNTOWN where people are out and about shopping or walking their dogs. Suprised nobody innocent got hit. Cops even had to put out a warning to his enemies to be alert. Its gotten to the point people really dont care anymore. If your grandma gets hit oh well, kid gets hit oh well. Its so sad to see. They have gone nuts, absolutrly nuts with no hope. They need help.

Job Well Done By The Democratic Mayor.

Why Not Give Her 4 More Years ?

All You Need Are The WARPED MINDS, To Be in The Majority.

People can choose to ignore this, as many who live outside the affected communities do, or they can go crazy over it even though there is no real solution. People in the US go beserk over the murders in Mexico and the numbers really are crazy high. But go to Mexico and most people couldn't care less, they know this is 95% criminal on criminal activity and they realize cartel related activity is never just going to go away. So they don't go to dangerous areas much as someone will not go venture into the bad areas of Chicago. Eventually you get to be like JK, just state the facts and then move onto something more interesting like sports or entertainment news.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Latin America (from the northern tip of Mexico to the southern tip of South America) accounts for 8% of the world's population and 32% of the world's murders.

Here's hoping the United States is not headed for those numbers.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
At what point do law-abiding citizens protest the protests?
Listening to WGN yesterday, that was the most angry I’ve heard their callers. Those people will just leave the city and pull their businesses out. The real problem will take place when insurance companies drop businesses there.

MrTop

EOG Master
Listening to WGN yesterday, that was the most angry I’ve heard their callers. Those people will just leave the city and pull their businesses out. The real problem will take place when insurance companies drop businesses there.

why they angry..? the cubs are in 1st place.... MJ left years ago not coming back.

I'd love to be in the steel shutters business there right now.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Too much bullshit going on that isnt contained to just parts of the inner city. These fools are destroying legitimate businesses downtown, people just trying to make a living. I dont know why we just dont give anybody who loots or causes chaos 5 years minimum.

Too much bullshit going on that isnt contained to just parts of the inner city. These fools are destroying legitimate businesses downtown, people just trying to make a living. I dont know why we just dont give anybody who loots or causes chaos 5 years minimum.

Looters yes and they do go after them in many cases. Look at the YouTube guy getting charged after being caught on camera. Perhaps a few very public and very harsh sentences and some of these outlaws will think twice. Most moronic thing is when you see video of it on social media and people commenting please obscure their faces so they can get away with it. That's total BS, no one should stand for looting. There is nothing about free speech that extends to property damage. And for all the morons trying to imply any political figure condones looting, stop lying.