Online poker, where realism is thrown out the window.

pretzelz

EOG Addicted
Played in a 10k freeroll on Sunday and just had to share my last hand with you guys. Got it all in preflop with KK, my opponent had A2.

Flop K 8 3
turn 5
river 4

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: Online poker, where realism is thrown out the window.

Ok.

Is that supposed to be some horrible beat?

Pretty standard in reality.

Sorry

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

missing some pretty important details for this story to be relevant....but yes it does suck badly and we have all had our souls crushed online

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Ok.

Sorry

True... but it looks like the idiot called an all-in with Ace-2? Some of these goofballs play any Ace-rag like they're pocket Aces.

pretzelz

EOG Addicted

Ok.

Sorry

You say that like it was a coin flip after the flop. I was actually over 98% to win going to the turn.

Pretty standard in reality?

Sorry.

J

joeybagadonuts

You say that like it was a coin flip after the flop. I was actually over 98% to win going to the turn.

Pretty standard in reality?

Sorry.

pretty standard?

your a donk.

First off, you got it in pre-flop. You got it in as a 70/30 fave (assuming his a2 wasn't suited) which is great. BUT...

3 in 10 times you lose in that spot. So, yes, it is completely standard, especially in a free roll.

I love idiots like you and Bluff who think getting beat in a spot like that is a huge deal, it shows a complete lack of understanding of the most simple thing in poker and that is- you need to put in volume to figure out if you're a winning or losing player. EV works itself out over the bigger sample. You will lose tons of spots where you get in it in a +ev spot like the above, and you will win plenty getting it in bad. It's called variance. Get use to it.

Bluffflush, you've proven over and over again you have no fucking clue when it comes to poker, so just stfu. You're a huge donkey and I will gladly play you at any form of poker you want to prove it.

truthseeker

EOG Addicted

When has it ever been realistic? It is quite obvious that the game has to end at some point thus they have to try and get players out. So, sometimes they give you a great hand and give someone else a unbelievable hand just so they can get you out when you played the right hand. Simple, the game can't last forever so they have to fuck people over it just seams to you and I that we are always the ones getting fucked over.

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

joey on the money....

that being said I have felt some strange things have happened to me over the years that just didnt seem right...like it you just knew it was your time to take an absolutely absurd beat....I am sure its just superstition but it would be devestating when it would happen.....

7 hours into tournaments and the random player all of a sudden forgetting how to play good poker and gets enormous random luck....

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Played in a 10k freeroll on Sunday and just had to share my last hand with you guys. Got it all in preflop with KK, my opponent had A2.

Flop K 8 3
turn 5
river 4

Don't know why you are surprised. Unfortunately there is no risk for playing crap cards in a freeroll because they have no money invested in it. Sadly I feel like the worst hand wins in freerolls like 60% of the time...

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

ahhh yes a 10 week vet of the EOG freeroll i see

Don't know why you are surprised. Unfortunately there is no risk for playing crap cards in a freeroll because they have no money invested in it. Sadly I feel like the worst hand wins in freerolls like 60% of the time...

redstripe

EOG Veteran

must be my turn this month. i have had the worst beats ever.. every river kills me . :cheers

eberetta1

EOG Addicted

Never is a good time to get bad news. I was in one this weekend where I win $11 if my KK held to 55 preflop. Of course, it can't. Part of the game, we receive it in and we dish it out. I like lady luck more often than my skills at the game of poker.

Bluffflush, you've proven over and over again you have no fucking clue when it comes to poker, so just stfu. You're a huge donkey and I will gladly play you at any form of poker you want to prove it.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO