Pinny Down In Peak Hours....

Pinny has been very shaky lately

I will be putting heavy pressure on owner to change to EST times and having a section to select your time zone

A 45 minute programming job

Woody

EOG Veteran
jjgold said:
I will be putting heavy pressure on owner to change to EST times and having a section to select your time zone

Pinny always shows my time zone (PST) and stamps receipts with the same time.

I don't recall ever setting it or see how to change it so I guess it reads the system settings, or does everyone get Las Vegas time?

It has always been West Coast

Believe me guy it will change and fast or I will drive Pinnacle crazy

We want an option to toggle time zones of our choice, real simple

get it done

null

EOG Member
Was going to post the same thing...what the hell is wrong with their site, wonder how much each minute of downtime costs them?

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
Still down, i've never seen pinny down this long unplanned - or at least not in a real long time.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
There was no notice of maintaince as of about 630PM--which was the last time I was in. Placed a wager---a little slower than usual. This reminds me of the old days at Carib----PLEASE NOT THAT!!!!

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
I just spoke to someone at pinnacle, obvious not an expert - but I asked if it was a DOS attack she said it was not. When I asked if the site would be back up soon, she said the phone system is back up (I never even realized pinnacle took wagers on the phone...is that -110 juice?) and the internet would be next and sort of indicated it would be soon...but I won't hold my breath.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Brutal outages, with NFL coming up this is not exactly a confidence inspiring performance. Don't you have some kind of back up, a redundant system?
Falling on your face is not the way to run a betting site. :+computer

Best Wishes...OF:+waving-5

Santo

EOG Veteran
I'm just hoping they don't lose wagers..

I have a 2.7k+ bet in on UCLA -10 there about 30mins before they went down..

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
I have no fears that will happen. I am sure they take steps to insure that cannot happen. Mabye someone from sbr (johnbuzz) can even confirm this if sbr has been there and evaluated them as i'm sure they have. But I am not worried at all.

Santo said:
I'm just hoping they don't lose wagers..

I have a 2.7k+ bet in on UCLA -10 there about 30mins before they went down..

Santo

EOG Veteran
It's one end of a rather nice scalp, and looks like the winning side.. that's my worry really. If it was an outright bet I'd be less concerned.

Anyhow, I'm sure you're right.. will just be happier when I see my pending bets again :)

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
If you are that concerned why don't you call them, I would be surprised if they couldn't read you your pending bets, graded bets, etc...

Santo said:
It's one end of a rather nice scalp, and looks like the winning side.. that's my worry really. If it was an outright bet I'd be less concerned.

Anyhow, I'm sure you're right.. will just be happier when I see my pending bets again :)

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
No official statement other than be back soon? :+computer

I would like to at least check figures, call it a wrap. Guess not. Might even place a bet, nope, will bet it somewhere else.

:+signs8-7 If you want to do business, open the doors to the store.

Best Wishes and out...OF:+waving-5

Santo

EOG Veteran
Only number I've ever seen for Pinnacle is a 1-800 number which isn't valid internationally..

Does anybody have a geographical number for them for future reference?

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
I'm still quite glad it didnt happen earlier in the day and waited to most of the games had started. Lucky I guess.

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
Just go to sbr's review of pinnacle, it's there. I don't think they like it posted.

Santo said:
Only number I've ever seen for Pinnacle is a 1-800 number which isn't valid internationally..

Does anybody have a geographical number for them for future reference?

Santo

EOG Veteran
SBR's review, and Raiders both gave the same number, 1-800 is US Toll Free and the number can't be dialled from outside the US and Canada.

Santo

EOG Veteran
Thanks Raiders -- correct number, but was told they couldn't access the system to give me a readback at the current time. Sounded very harassed!

Santo said:
Thanks Raiders -- correct number, but was told they couldn't access the system to give me a readback at the current time. Sounded very harassed!

They dont like phone calls. Apparently some clients had wagers computed 3x on todays action.

:smoke

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
What? What do you mean computed 3x? Where did you get that information? Did you ask if they keep hard copies of all bets? I would ask that. If so, no reason they can't give you a readback. Anyhow, i'm sure the cs is not happy because they are probably getting calls virtually all the time for the last several hours. Anyhow, I trust pinnacle has the information somewhere or another and you will get it at least as soon as they get the website back up, which I expect will happen on sunday. One does have to wonder whether they are actually experiencing DOS attacks since what else could cause this? A virus? That doesn't seem as likely. Mabye if they posted something here to give us a gist of the problem and to satisfy anyone's insecurities about the status of their accounts some people would feel better.

WOOF said:
They dont like phone calls. Apparently some clients had wagers computed 3x on todays action.

:smoke

They have all the plays, but their was some math errors with multiple computing of plays before the site went down.

I dont know this but I would assume they wont be back online until recalculations are completed.

I spoke with pinny customers on aol instant messenger and some had higher balances than expected and some had NEGATIVE balances.

:hung

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
I didn't notice anything abnormal on my account before it went offline, but I suppose i could've misses something. If that is the only problem then that is good. Still, how could this happen?

WOOF said:
They have all the plays, but their was some math errors with multiple computing of plays before the site went down.

I dont know this but I would assume they wont be back online until recalculations are completed.

I spoke with pinny customers on aol instant messenger and some had higher balances than expected and some had NEGATIVE balances.

:hung

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
I was curous to see what they were saying about this situation over at shrinks old site, and noticed this...

"I reupped eariler today, and it reupped my twice. Nice surprise on a holiday weekend."

Which brings up another issue, they better honor any bets they took regardless of whether the person made it with money they shouldnt have had. If people made bets not knowing their balance was too high then its not their fault and there is no way they should be penalized. I hope this didn't happen.