Rapts/Celts Game 7 - what's the play?

choslamshe

EOG Master
Such an intriguing series - type of series you want to see played over and over again.

We have been treated to one of the rare defensive gems somewhat reminding of what older NBA playoff basketball is/should be about.

Can Siakam find anything to propel the Raptors into the ECF?

Will Tatum take the next step in becoming the star he is destined for?

Crazy to look at a total in today's NBA sitting at 203ish, but I can see this game having the winner land in the high 90s.

Celtics 98 Raptors 96 final

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Both teams needless to say have gone through some bad droughts, not just due to good defense, but also some blown point blank gimmes and poor shot selection. I think Toronto will find a way to get Siakam and company going and salvage a comeback series win. While Siakam is a fairly good perimeter shooter for his range, he needs to be more of a post up presence as well as thrive on the defensive end, as Toronto has plenty of threats from outside in Vanvleet, Lowry, Powell and the OG. Tatum has looked great for the most part, but lost at other times when he's not on his game nor when his shot is not falling. Same with Kemba Walker. Smart is thriving in both ends of the court, and Brown complements Tatum as the first options with his overall play. If Boston can contain Siakam and play good perimeter defense, their half court and transition attack and patience to look for the high percentage shot will prevail. Consistency will be key in this deciding game.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Gotta believe they get more out of Kemba scoring wise in this one. Stevens better come up with something vs that zone and Lowry clogging lane

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
After six hard-fought games in the bubble, the numbers are where they're supposed to be.

Boston -3 and 204.5.

Interesting to note: Game 1 of this series offered a price of Toronto -2 and 217.5.

Big difference.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Easy to root for the defending champs playing without Kawhi.

Love the undersized backcourt of Lowry and VanVleet.

Both players were underrated in college (Villanova and Wichita State) and they're still underrated today.

Lowry is a six-time All-Star but I'd still claim he's overlooked.

Nick Nurse v Brad Stevens is a sweet matchup.

choslamshe

EOG Master
I think we will see bursts of scoring likely early in the first and third quarters only to be met with scoring droughts and exceptional defense throughout and especially when second units start to hit the court.

Game 7 nerves, role players will be passive and I think we will see lots of late possessions turned into ugly shots.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Not just because the trend has suggested it, with the exception of the OT game, but I can see the winner of this one struggle to 100 points, or barely score above it. Late fouling could threaten the total late if the difference is at least 2 possessions as the game progresses. On the flip side, we've seen 45 point first quarters follow with 60-65 in the second That being said, if both teams get off to big starts I still would expect shot selection and late fatigue to cause lengthy possessions once both teams get a feel for each other's discipline and complacency. However, one thing we have seen are teams fouling over the limit early in the quarters which offsets the futility if free throws are made. Give me the under with the tally ending in the high 190's, and I cringe when I say that because unders to me are helpless feelings with such an intensive game upcoming.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Personally I want Toronto to win. I have a +3000 future. That looks nice with my Miami +2600 future. I was fading Milwaukee.

kane

EOG master
I don't get why Bos is laying 3, to me it should be closer to a pick, at this number it's Tor or pass

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
No idea. We do know these teams had enough of one another. I don't think it will be close when then final whistle sounds. One will run it up but which one? Lol

choslamshe

EOG Master
Can't see either team hitting 100 tonight. Rapts are in trouble if Lowry/Van Fleet aren't able to score a combined 50+. Siakam is so rattled and ineffective, and it appears that even he knows it.

Look for the C's to be up DD pretty quick after this first TO by the Rapts