Rastros Cards series price speculation please...

dirty

EOG Master
I think the Cards will be -220 or better....Astros pitching is going to be in Shambles now.....

I would have figured -140 or so on Cards, even with Houston using all those guys today.

Houston has 3 legit aces in that rotation and Lidge.

Good pitching beats good hitting.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Nope BoFROG had the openers, except a kinder version. CRIS now -1.90 from that -1.55 I got, and the 1.57. 5 Dimes up to -1.85. Oly opened -.170. I see Cards getting bet here.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
5 dimes up to 90 from opener 70. I was FROG in the grass awaiting that big fat bug. Got the old nasty MLB playoff FROG out. He is nasty, in the black and white Outer Limits kinda way. You like that call Want?

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

I like Houston period. I didn't take any leads here. I will look for a top out and take it from there. I may not get the best of it since it is defiately volatile and surely will be getting some early buy back action on those moves.

But I will take it now(before the first game) because I think Houston wins the first game, then the odds will be shit on them.

I know a lot of guys don't think that way, but if you really like Cards, might be good to wait and see as it is now.

I can't see their first game line being -190, and if they lose that game then you will be able to get -120 or so on them for the series. So betting them in a series where their series odds are worse than their first game odds doesn't make sense.

I know we had this discussion before, and I was basically proven right. But I am sure people don't remember.

pinny -192..they can't bet these guys fast enough :)

Reminds me of the Giants against Marlins a couple years ago. Opened -165 or something like that, got all the way to -240.

hookem

EOG Member
Their pitching may be in a shambles now, but they don't have to play for 3 days; pitching will be completely fresh come Wednesday.

Three starters in the top six National League ERA for the year; that's a good base to start from. Granted, the Cards have a much superior offense to the Astros, and a slightly better defense, but pitching usually wins in the playoffs.

As to the original point of this thread, I'd have guessed -180; I wouldn't bet it that high, but I would've grabbed the -155 or so opener if I had seen it in time.

Houston with the significantly better rotation.

St. Louis with the significantly better hitting.

St. Louis with the slightly better bullpen.

I'd give the nod to St. Louis, but I'll take Houston depending on how big a dog they become.