RIP Neil Peart

blueline

EOG Master
Knew he retired for some health reasons had no idea it was this serious.
Died at age 67 from brain cancer

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Supposedly retired from the arthritis in his hands, but he was an insanely private person. Rush was the first concert I went to - Moving Pictures tour with Rory Gallagher opening, Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo 1981. Ive seen them 5 times, never disappointed.

railbird

EOG Master
My drummer freinds say he was good, personally if rush came on radio i couldnt change the dial fast enough.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
My drummer freinds say he was good, personally if rush came on radio i couldnt change the dial fast enough.
They are an acquired taste for sure. He was their main songwriter.

Was he better than John Bonham? Its your preference. Bonham was power, while Peart was finesse.

E$

EOG Dedicated
I was a big Rush fan, saw them in the late 90’s in El Paso of all places

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
ANY time I see someone dying of Cancer it hurts and is sad. It hurts because of how hideous it is and it is sad knowing it could have been me.

One of my longest friends is a die hard RUSH fan. He would have Neil Peart's kids if he could. He is not doing well know. My friend's father died a handful of years ago at age 99. He was in bad shape and his passing was somewhat of a blessing. This friend is hurting more over Peart's death than his fathers

Neil: I never met you. But as someone who is part of a club no one wants to be in but we are all glad we are...............RIP! Dead waaaaaaaaaay too soon. I am not a RUSH fan. Never have been. Never will be. But knowing you passed from something I could have but did not hurts. A lot!

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Synthesizers turned off a a lot of 70s-80s hard rock fans. Which led the way for what some called "Euro Trash" or the New Wave sound.

MTV liked synthesizers. To get on you had to get soft.

Like the group. Saw them live once outdoors at Irvine Meadows in OC. Good show.

RIP.

TrailerParkBoys

EOG Veteran
Heard a good line for the younger music fans who never got into them. "This is your favorite drummer's, favorite drummer."

In most cases, probably true.