Saratoga 2019

blueline

EOG Master
there is no telling what's in the 3's tank right now....number moved forward into facing winners for the first time which is a big sign of a pair-up or forward move and hes been given time....current work score is the best of his life...but gets blinkers in a race already loaded with speed...maybe he can sit...maybe these end up being too much for him

if all of this speed falls apart the 6's race in the preakness gives him the FR3 !

also want to see it as fan

blueline

EOG Master
there is no telling what's in the 3's tank right now....number moved forward into facing winners for the first time which is a big sign of a pair-up or forward move and hes been given time....current work score is the best of his life...but gets blinkers in a race already loaded with speed...maybe he can sit...maybe these end up being too much for him

if all of this speed falls apart the 6's race in the preakness gives him the FR3 !

also want to see it as fan

didnt embarrass himself finishing 3rd at over 30/1....got a little interesting around the 3/8th pole...these were a little much for him....the vast majority of these scenarios dont involve best start being in million dollar races

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Love Gilda Marie in the 8th at 15/1

Horrible start in her first start.... hopped, hit the gate, and gave the field a 10 length headstrt... passed some runners late.

2nd start.. was in perfect stalking position at 12/1 around the turn but flattened out cause she didn’t want the distance.

Today, she cuts back to 6 furlongs, goes turf to dirt and is off a year layoff. EngleHart is great off the layoff, plus positive ROI on turf to dirt.

Patkeats

EOG Enthusiast
Good call BP2, to bad it was bet down. Sucks when that happens, but at least your putting something in your pocket.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Love Gilda Marie in the 8th at 15/1

Horrible start in her first start.... hopped, hit the gate, and gave the field a 10 length headstrt... passed some runners late.

2nd start.. was in perfect stalking position at 12/1 around the turn but flattened out cause she didn’t want the distance.

Today, she cuts back to 6 furlongs, goes turf to dirt and is off a year layoff. EngleHart is great off the layoff, plus positive ROI on turf to dirt.

Nicely done, BP2.

From a 15/1 morning line price to a closing price of 2.40-to-1.

Across-the-board prices of $6.80, $5.20 and $4.80.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Nicely done, BP2.

From a 15/1 morning line price to a closing price of 2.40-to-1.

Across-the-board prices of $6.80, $5.20 and $4.80.

Such a tough game to beat

I singled Gilda Marie in the pick 5.. along with the 5 horse in the 9ty, which paid $14.80

Hit the last race $80 winner in the last race

But still lost due to not going deep enough in the 10th: thought the favorites were tough to beat so I only went 4-deep

Another 4 out of 5 late pick 5, which paid $21k

Valuist

EOG Master
I know Serling and several others have been very vocal about all the NY riders grabbing during turf races so there's almost always no pace. I had 4 nice pic 3s going into the Bowling Green, after beating the 1-2 chalk Mitole in the previous race. So all the riders grab their mounts in the Bowling Green, and Channel Cat, a horse who had never been on the lead at the first two calls in any of his career races, gets to crawl thru a near :50 half and 1:15 6f. Needless to say, nobody caught him.

Speed still wins races but trainers are so fearful of duels, they always want the riders to take back. Bad advice.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I assume the strategy to take back sometimes hurts a horse's chances to win today, but prolongs the racetrack career of the animal.

Any thoughts?

Valuist

EOG Master
I assume the strategy to take back sometimes hurts a horse's chances to win today, but prolongs the racetrack career of the animal.

Any thoughts?

I don't think any owners or trainers think of those terms, unless they are specifically pointing to a race in the near future. If a horse can't go all out, he/she shouldn't be on the race track.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I know Serling and several others have been very vocal about all the NY riders grabbing during turf races so there's almost always no pace. I had 4 nice pic 3s going into the Bowling Green, after beating the 1-2 chalk Mitole in the previous race. So all the riders grab their mounts in the Bowling Green, and Channel Cat, a horse who had never been on the lead at the first two calls in any of his career races, gets to crawl thru a near :50 half and 1:15 6f. Needless to say, nobody caught him.

Speed still wins races but trainers are so fearful of duels, they always want the riders to take back. Bad advice.

If you wanna watch a horrible ride and what not to do with the best horse, watch the 10th race..7 horse. Castellano gets squeezed out the gate, but the horse wants to be forwards placed. Instead of putting it into a middle pack position, castellano takes a horse that’s used to being in the front, all the way to last.15 lengths out for most of the race. Then waits way too long, goes about 10 wide.. gets cut off In thr strerch by 5 and 6.. and still only loses by one. Cost me the pick 5

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If you wanna watch a horrible ride and what not to do with the best horse, watch the 10th race..7 horse. Castellano gets squeezed out the gate, but the horse wants to be forwards placed. Instead of putting it into a middle pack position, castellano takes a horse that’s used to being in the front, all the way to last.15 lengths out for most of the race. Then waits way too long, goes about 10 wide.. gets cut off In thr strerch by 5 and 6.. and still only loses by one. Cost me the pick 5

Bombs away in Sunday's tenth race as #5 Romantic Pursuit won at odds of 16/1 narrowly defeating fellow longshot #6 Cap De Creus at 17/1.

The even-money favorite Night of England finished fifth beaten less than a half-length after getting squeezed at the start and shifting in at the sixteenth-pole.

Not a Hall-of-Fame ride by Castellano, to say the least.

blueline

EOG Master
NY stewards

With regard to interference, New York is a “Category 2” state, meaning that Commission rules provide that if the interferer is guilty of causing interference and such interference in the judgment of the Stewards has altered the finish of the race, then the interferer is placed behind the offended horse.
The Stewards consider whether the riders of the horse or horses that are offended continue to give effort to the finish of the race.
The Stewards also consider whether the offending jockey acted in a willful or careless manner while interfering with another horse or jockey, for which the interferer may be disqualified, i.e., placed last or unplaced in the order of finish. For example, if an offending jockey acts in a dangerous manner, exhibits extremely improper riding or impedes several horses, the Stewards may disqualify the offending horse without regard to the specific effect of the foul on the order of finish.