Saratoga - August 19, 2012

pbovi

EOG Dedicated
Re: Saratoga - August 19, 2012

Not a big play, but Clever Spirit was shut off in the stretch 2 back at this distance and finished a close 3rd, and then last time closed strong 2nd at a mile in a 23.3 last furlong. Could be flying late with some pace

Bushay

NHL Expert

Hey pbovi. Educate me a little about horse racing strategy. Your play at Del Mar seemed to have the same theory. Why would it be important for this horse if it was a fast pace? Sounds like you dont believe his chances would be as good at a slower pace. I'm trying to learn all I can.

I'm sure on a square horse player. Know a little but not nearly enough to spot opportunities like this.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Hey pbovi. Educate me a little about horse racing strategy. Your play at Del Mar seemed to have the same theory. Why would it be important for this horse if it was a fast pace? Sounds like you dont believe his chances would be as good at a slower pace. I'm trying to learn all I can.

I'm sure on a square horse player. Know a little but not nearly enough to spot opportunities like this.
If the pace is slower the horses on the front end tend to accelerate in the last furlong and it is harder to close into that. Clever Spirit was definitely impeded by the favorite in losing a photo for 2nd. Not sure if he would have beaten the 2 but surely would have gotten 2nd. Claim of foul disallowed but 9 still had to pull up and then go to the inside.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Race 4...1 Cosmic Energy...perfect trip last out but could get one here too. 1 now 4 to 1but believe he goes 5/2 or 3 to 1...3 MTP

Bushay

NHL Expert

Hey Try. I miss read your post and mistakenly put a wager on the 5. After i noticed, played another on the 2. LOL...5 cashed at 6-1. Thanks a lot!
You guys are awesome.