Saturday oct.8

Record: 3-6-0 (-5.24 units)

Toronto +106 (2 units): Montreal was aiming at 2 out of 3 in this early road trip and they already got 2... with a lot of luck, frankly, and thanks to the youngsters. Veterans are not performing and Kovalev is already upset after being pulled off the PP which was going nowhere in NY (1 in 11). Souray and Ribeiro are still in training camp while Dagenais' performances make people regret Hossa.

Mats Sundin might be out for 4-6 weeks after getting hit with the puck near the eye but that is the best news of the day. How many of us were reminded of Bryan Berard while Sundin was down on the ice? Jeff O'Neill, who was a constant threat last wednesday, is questionable for tonight's game. He hurt his shoulder after crashing into the net. The Leafs have played very well against Ottawa in their opening match. Lots of opportunities, disappointed result. They'll outplay the Canadiens to win their first of the season.

Atlanta -1.5 +113 (1 unit): After being blanked by Luongo and the Panthers in their first game of the season, the Thrashers offense exploded for 7 goals in Washington. This 2-game back-to-back series moves to Atlanta and I doubt Ovechkin could keep it close. Stats show a high % of those short series being split but I believe the Thrashers will keep pounding the net in their home opener. Rumors of Kovalchuk on the edge of signing will surely motivate some of the strikers.

Min-Pho U6 -115 (1 unit): Jacques Lemaire is a defensive coach on the road and he'll keep playing the trap despite the new rules. Gretzky's offense need some polishing so I would play the Under here. But that -115 line is turning me off. I was expecting the bookmakers to raise the O/U to a full point early season but they seem to settle for half a point. I'll take it anyway.

M$M

Last edited: