Say goodbye to Aunt Jemima

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
BREAKING: Quaker Oats is removing the name and image of Aunt Jemima from the brand in effort 'to make progress toward racial equality'
The Aunt Jemima brand of syrup and pancake mix will get a new name and image, Quaker Oats announced Wednesday, saying the company recognizes that "Aunt Jemima's origins are based on a racial stereotype."
The 130-year-old brand features a Black woman named Aunt Jemima, who was originally dressed as a minstrel character. Her image has changed over time, but Quaker said removing the image and name is part of an effort by the company "to make progress toward racial equality.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
BREAKING: Quaker Oats is removing the name and image of Aunt Jemima from the brand in effort 'to make progress toward racial equality'
The Aunt Jemima brand of syrup and pancake mix will get a new name and image, Quaker Oats announced Wednesday, saying the company recognizes that "Aunt Jemima's origins are based on a racial stereotype."
The 130-year-old brand features a Black woman named Aunt Jemima, who was originally dressed as a minstrel character. Her image has changed over time, but Quaker said removing the image and name is part of an effort by the company "to make progress toward racial equality.
They better not touch a hair on Mrs Butterworth's head.

skinny

EOG Addicted
The statue of Hey Reb on the unlv campus has been taken down.
Apparently offensive to Native Americans.

The madness continues.

MrTop

EOG Master
big business will change the names & move the chairs around - CEO pay keeps going up and they hope you don't notice

Don Quixote

EOG Enthusiast
Things are getting out of hand....America has to stop the insanity....

ya...they took down a statue of John Sutter here in Sacramento, and now are going after Father Serra in California.

Surely Native Americans got run~over & got reemed in North America big time...that's part of our Ugly American history. It was what it was.

I personally think what Americans did to the American Bison is as bad as any Donkey Thing done in United State's past.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
In Monroe, MI, near the border of Ohio north of Toledo, they have a General Custer statue that people are wanting to take down. They took down the Christopher Columbus Statue in Downtown Detroit. Now it seems like the newest national holiday is going to be Juneteenth, which I never even heard of until maybe 2 weeks ago, which celebrates the end of salvery. Have others around here heard of Juneteenth before?

cheapseats

EOG Master
Get rid of anything and everything related to blacks, then we will surely forget they even exist, including culture and history. If the left wants this, so be it, out of sight out of mind for the negro of the USA. Keep it going is my mantra.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I’m leading a rally against the Indians for getting the white man high, now we have drug problems thanks to them.

see how dumb this is?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Pretty soon history class will be easier than art and gym - can’t offend anyone so let’s pretend it didn’t exist.

Erecting statues of confederate military leaders who lost the war makes as much sense as putting up a statue at Fenway of Buckner bending down for a ground ball

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
In Monroe, MI, near the border of Ohio north of Toledo, they have a General Custer statue that people are wanting to take down. They took down the Christopher Columbus Statue in Downtown Detroit. Now it seems like the newest national holiday is going to be Juneteenth, which I never even heard of until maybe 2 weeks ago, which celebrates the end of salvery. Have others around here heard of Juneteenth before?
I was introduced to it by the wokest person on my FB a couple of weeks ago. If people want to celebrate it, go ahead.

MrTop

EOG Master
Listed Pitchers: Both pitchers have to start the game and throw at least one pitch. If one or both pitchers don’t throw a pitch, your money is refunded and your bet will be considered “no action.”

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Probably gonna have to take down any Sacagawea statues as well.

I can't imagine how she couldn't be viewed as one of the first race traitors in America.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Your story of hitting on NBA quarter totals brought back excellent memories.

I had a lot of success betting first quarter overs and second unders on the Suns during their 7 seconds or less days.
There was a lot of hanging fruit out there back in the early 2000s. A lot tougher world now lol.

Wade

EOG Master
I never buy black products. aunt jemima, uncle ben , stubbs etc would never even consider buying them.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
freedom day biggest inner city family reunion day of the year

we used to walk from park to park and eat all damn day

great food great stories, music, great day.

MrTop

EOG Master
banks are closing friday for some woman that died in the 1800's, I was hoping for a month but ok

more houses of worship are needed